challenging myself this month, who's with me? (:

Options

Replies

• j3nnyb88
    j3nnyb88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really want to say that I am in. Well, I am in. The binge monster in me is fighting though.
    Ill take it one day at a time.... so TODAY I will not binge. Thats a big step at this point.
    I will check back in tomorrow!

I agree. One day at a time is definitely the way to go. (Smaller/short-term [day to day] goals will most likely be easier to acheive and less likely to make me feel bad about myself that I couldn't do it.. leading to more binging.) And to hold myself more accountable for what and how I am eating, I am making my food diary viewable to my friends list.. and I always try to log binges, so we'll see how this goes. :)
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot I posted this thread. I tried to read most of what was said, but I have a short attention span lol.
    I hope y'all are well, and trying to stay binge free!

I had a horrible two weeks of binging/purging. But I am pleased to say that today was my THIRD day without binging or purging! :)
    I'm going to keep this up, because I feel amazing.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Me - 12
    Ed - 8
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    me:11
    binge:9

i am so happy that i made it through this weekend. i feel very confident about getting through this week!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    A binge free Sat and Sun is great and makes me feel empowered. I really think this thread is useful in that I am tracking days binge free. When I got in tonight from a dance, I had a fruit and veggie pack and now headed to bed. I am always hyped after a good dance. I am now really focusing on my goal I set for myself for end of June.

As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 2
    BED - 4
  • ulionk
    ulionk Posts: 11
    Options
    Starting a binge free month 1 days before your birthday is definitely problematic. That being said I am not stopping and I will be honest with my short comings. Soon it will be more me and less binge.....

Me: 2
    Binge: 3
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of May 15, 2012:

ME - 3
    BED - 4
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Me - 13
    Ed - 8
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Three days under my belt and I feel SOOOOOOOOO much better! I think I've figured out, with the help of a friend :smile: , that work is a huge trigger - especially the candy dish on my co-worker's desk. Since I'm not going to get another job, I'm going to have to learn to ignore it because even on good days when I don't want it, it's there and I notice it. Yes, I've thought about asking her to not have it but I want to be able to work through this, not avoid it and I think hiding it wouldn't be the solution. Plus there's tons of other crap within short reach anyway.

I'm feeling very confident about today - I feel good and I brought all my food to work. I think for me it's important that I bring YUMMY food (but still healthy) so I'm not tempted to get something else instead.

WE can do this!! Great job to all of you! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Three days under my belt and I feel SOOOOOOOOO much better! I think I've figured out, with the help of a friend :smile: , that work is a huge trigger - especially the candy dish on my co-worker's desk. Since I'm not going to get another job, I'm going to have to learn to ignore it because even on good days when I don't want it, it's there and I notice it. Yes, I've thought about asking her to not have it but I want to be able to work through this, not avoid it and I think hiding it wouldn't be the solution. Plus there's tons of other crap within short reach anyway.

I'm feeling very confident about today - I feel good and I brought all my food to work. I think for me it's important that I bring YUMMY food (but still healthy) so I'm not tempted to get something else instead.

Good job working thru this Geekygirl!! I have the same issue at my job. I have 3 candy bowls and they do not even phase me anymore. But on top of that my department loves celebrating everything with food or nothing at all. I make sure when I treat the dept I do so with healthy options. But it is so hard for me when they bring the unhealthy options in. But I muster thru them. I have to really preplan and I make sure I have my goodies here already too because you never know when someone will bring in goodies or should I say baddies??:laugh:

Like today our president is in from Boca Raton so he is going to have a ice cream social. the last 2 business days of the month they bring in stuff from my favorite bakery!:love: So I make sure for month end I have stuff that is healthy that I really like and will not feel deprived. :noway:

So good job again on having a plan for work!! because work is very challenging indeed!:drinker:
  • greekygirl
    Options

Good job working thru this Geekygirl!! I have the same issue at my job. I have 3 candy bowls and they do not even phase me anymore. But on top of that my department loves celebrating everything with food or nothing at all. I make sure when I treat the dept I do so with healthy options. But it is so hard for me when they bring the unhealthy options in. But I muster thru them. I have to really preplan and I make sure I have my goodies here already too because you never know when someone will bring in goodies or should I say baddies??:laugh:

Like today our president is in from Boca Raton so he is going to have a ice cream social. the last 2 business days of the month they bring in stuff from my favorite bakery!:love: So I make sure for month end I have stuff that is healthy that I really like and will not feel deprived. :noway:

So good job again on having a plan for work!! because work is very challenging indeed!:drinker:

Hahaha, I don't call stuff like that goodies anymore, I've even said baddies too! :smile:

Yup, if they have something to celebrate around here, it's with food. I swear work has conditioned me to think about food. Not to blame it on this place, but I NEVER used to have a problem with eating at work. It used to be evenings and weekends.

ETA: But I'm glad I don't have a problem with evenings and weekends anymore!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options

I'm looking forward to being able to say this one day! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Me too! But we will get there too!....One day at a time. I can truly say M-Th are pretty normal evenings for me now. I still struggle with Friday evenings and Sat/Sun. I include Friday evening in my weekends because when I leave work on Friday my weekend starts! Yay!:bigsmile: Gum has been helping me out at work also and I keep hard candies on hand sometimes to and drink with a bottled water.
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in I havent binged for the entire month of May cause I really want to get things right this time. I'm super focused and I am seeking support. I have confessed to my daughter and she is supporting and I have opening myself her so I am all in.

Oh feel free to add me I am new here and the support is needed as I build my new relationship with food.
  • yamagatafan
    yamagatafan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me:1
    BED: 3

I am on my week off and struggling big time!! I even have stocked healthy food. Today I binged on almonds of all things. How can you binge on almonds? They taste fine, but they aren't pastry so why would I even bother? I am trying not to beat myself up but I am so disappointed and I am afraid it is going to set the tone for the rest of my week off, which has been my patterern for the past few weeks off.

Grrrrrrr!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Me - 14
    Ed - 8
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Today I binged on almonds of all things. How can you binge on almonds? They taste fine, but they aren't pastry so why would I even bother? I am trying not to beat myself up but I am so disappointed and I am afraid it is going to set the tone for the rest of my week off, which has been my patterern for the past few weeks off.

Grrrrrrr!

When I'm in binge mode, I can binge on anything. Doesn't really matter what it is...so that's how. :smile:

Beating myself up NEVER helps...try to put the whip away! (I know, it's hard!)

And try not to worry about the rest of the week - all we have is today. Last week it felt like I would NEVER get out of the bingeing and today I'm on day FIVE!! It's sort of unbelieveable - I haven't had five binge-free days in a row in a long time! I'm sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop but all I have to worry about is this moment. I did notice the candy around the office today...ugh. It's in the back of my mind too. *kitten*! BUT...I am eating my lunch right now rather than crap so that's a little progress!

And for some reason, I'm HUNGRY again today! Makes me wonder if I need to up my calories...that could be the cause of the bingeing...after a few days being under my calorie goal my body says "FEED ME!" So I'm considering upping to maintenance. Or I could just go over by a few and be fine with it.

Anyway, don't give up!! We're here for you! :smile:
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Me - 14
    Ed - 8

AWESOME!! :happy:
  • greekygirl
    Options

Wait, I'm fine on the weekends UNLESS someone's having a party or something with a bunch of food. I'm in trouble whenever I'm at any event where there's tons of food sitting around.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options

Wait, I'm fine on the weekends UNLESS someone's having a party or something with a bunch of food. I'm in trouble whenever I'm at any event where there's tons of food sitting around.

You and me both! Especially if it's desserts!