Being Single SUCKS because...

Options
12346»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I am probably going to skip my company holiday party because I hate being the only single person there.

I never go to our holiday parties either because of that. I don't have friends there either, so that makes me especially not want to go dateless.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not having someone call to see if u made it home ok.

**** I realized yesterday that I hadn't received a call in two days.... might have to skip paying my CC bill for some attention!!

What's worst then no calls is looking at your phone history and realising 98% of your phones calls are from your parents.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

Well said.
    I'd add: having someone to be there for you (and you to be there for them) through the good and bad moments life brings. That person that knows your little quirks and loves you for them...

This is what I'm starting to miss now. Just having someone to come home to who can make you forget whatever kind of day you just had
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Not having someone call to see if u made it home ok.

**** I realized yesterday that I hadn't received a call in two days.... might have to skip paying my CC bill for some attention!!

What's worst then no calls is looking at your phone history and realising 98% of your phones calls are from your parents.

I don't even get calls from my parents! I pretty much get no calls at all... :ohwell:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I don't even get calls from my parents! I pretty much get no calls at all... :ohwell:

You're 28. In that age bracket, people don't use phones for calls as much as the text message.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

You're 28. In that age bracket, people don't use phones for calls as much as the text message.

Heh, no, it's not that. I just have hardly any relationship with my parents. Haven't talked to anyone but my sister since Dec 31 when my parents dropped me off at the airport to fly back down here.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Being single sucks because it is lonely. Because the idea of having to start all over from scratch with someone new and potentially not have that work out either is scary. The more relationships you fail at the harder it is to let yourself be vulnerable to someone.. Even though the relationships you have been in weren't right doesn't mean you don't feel like a failure for not being enough to that person..
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Being single sucks because it is lonely. Because the idea of having to start all over from scratch with someone new and potentially not have that work out either is scary. The more relationships you fail at the harder it is to let yourself be vulnerable to someone.. Even though the relationships you have been in weren't right doesn't mean you don't feel like a failure for not being enough to that person..

Yeah well put!

Also no having no little spoon Lol
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i hate dating!! dating is so stupid now a days... in my age group most guys dont want a relationship... they just want you to "pay them back for the dinner they just bought u" if u know what im saying.... i miss having that companionship with someone... i was in a 5 year relationship and it was fun in the beginning hanging out with someone who was not only ur boyfriend but ur best friend... i am weird but i miss cooking for someone... i like doing the wifey things... i also miss cuddling... ughhhh
  • Ragel27
    Ragel27 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It sucks 'cause it's so damn lonesome. I barely have friends as it is. And not having anyone who appreciates you for who you are, and is there for you, and all that other stuff that goes with it.

I second this,exactly how i feel.
  • MrsT9217
    MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree it is so lonesome... I want someone to celebrate the little things with! It's hard to be surrounded by people who are getting married, having kids or just spending alone time with their bf/gfs... :cry:
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Holy crap, I can already tell that this thread is depressing as ****, so I won't bother reading it.

What's hardest for me is not having someone to look forward to after work. Not having someone to sit with on the couch watching a movie. Not having someone to hold hands with. Not having someone gazing into your eyes. Not having someone making you feel WANTED. Not having someone to cook with. Not having someone to cuddle with. Not having someone to do the little things with. Not having someone to discuss the day with. A billion things.

Ladies, feel free to PM me, lol...
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

perfect answer
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    quote:

What's hardest for me is not having someone to look forward to after work. Not having someone to sit with on the couch watching a movie. Not having someone to hold hands with. Not having someone gazing into your eyes. Not having someone making you feel WANTED. Not having someone to cook with. Not having someone to cuddle with. Not having someone to do the little things with. Not having someone to discuss the day with. A billion things

this too
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Honestly can't think of a single thing.

OH WAIT!.....................

Nope, nothing:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.

Oh really now, :flowerforyou:

:laugh: just teasing........this is my 2nd post. Just getting used to the singles life:smokin:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You guys are insane...I mean that in a friendly fun-loving kind of way. I am having the time of my life. I'll probably die alone. I just enjoy it too much.