You know you are a low-carber when....

Options

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    the first thing you can taste in something is the sugar or the salt.

I have found since starting low carb I am actually cutting down on added sugar even in my coffee in the morning 1 teaspoon now tastes super sweet. Salt same thing

Agree on the sweet taste. I remember when I had to add brown sugar to sweet potatoes - now, they are fine plain (with added butter, of course! :wink: ), and it's more of a dessert for me. Same with yogurt, I can eat it plain with just some berries now (also as a dessert!).

I tried spaghetti squash for the first time this week - I was surprised at how sweet it tasted to me!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    When you have to plan a "night out" becasue you can't eat the bar food or most resteruants your friends want to go to.
    When the "carb" count is the ONLY thing you look at on the back of the package.
    When you wonder how many veggies can I add to this dish to replace other things and still be ok on carbs (and yes, I've added so many veggies before that the carb count came out the same!!!!! Blarg)
  • shar140
    Options
    ...you actually enjoy your burger more when it's wrapped in lettuce! :laugh:
  • shar140
    Options
    When you have been known to eat slices of butter like chips....

Have you tried butter on pork rinds yet??
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You know you are a low-carber when.... you ask for no bun with your burger, but ask for bacon and avocado instead :)
  • shar140
    Options
    You know you are a low-carber when.... you ask for no bun with your burger, but ask for bacon and avocado instead :)

:love:
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep - last night I had a philly cheese steak (chicken) - hold the bun, sub the fries for a salad. Yes I want full fat ranch, of COURSE I want the cheese ... its a CHEESE STEAK :)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people look at you so funny, when you stop and think about it, bread is the most tasteless part of a burger or sandwhich and is really just meant to hold all the good stuff together!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You are dropping weight like crazy, your skin, hair, clothes all look better than ever and you have more enegery than you have had in too long!!
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    hahah amen!
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    well said
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You know you're a LC when you forget what groceries are on the inside isles because all you ever shop is the perimeter. (Dairy, Cheese, Meat then Produce.....DONE)
  • shar140
    Options
    ...when you buy 6 dozen eggs because they're on sale, and you know you'll eat them all!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When you have been known to eat slices of butter like chips....

Have you tried butter on pork rinds yet??
    I have not tried that, but that sounds delicious!!! I have been known to dip cheese in butter.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    When you have carrots or corn for dessert because they taste SWEET now!
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    You know you are a low carber when:

you eat the cheese and meat off the pizza and people look at you strange.

you can't wait the to see that dark red reading on the Ketostick and get excited!
    THIS! I was going to say this too!
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You know you're a LC when you forget what groceries are on the inside isles because all you ever shop is the perimeter. (Dairy, Cheese, Meat then Produce.....DONE)

So true! I never go down the isles anymore.... Just the perimeter, and walking as fast as I can through the bakery!
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You are dropping weight like crazy, your skin, hair, clothes all look better than ever and you have more enegery than you have had in too long!!

That's great! Glad you found something that is working for you!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When people look at you shocked and say "you don't eat bread?! I could NEVER do that!"
  • Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    When people look at you shocked and say "you don't eat bread?! I could NEVER do that!"

ABSOLUTELY! But then I tell them not to whine at me about not being able to lose weight!