Ahem. Boobs.

Options

Replies

• LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Straight up, you have absolutely no position from which to judge a woman's choice to surgically alter her body. Other than your personal preference, you haven't actually given a good reason why a woman changing her body simply because she'd like it better is somehow less correct than any other reason.

It's kind of like those people who say it's okay for women to take birth control for non-sexual reasons like acne or PMS control but not for preventing pregnancy when she has sex because that is a slutty slut reason. Either a woman is empowered to make choices about what medical alterations she makes to her body, for her own reasons, or she isn't. Comments from the peanut gallery really aren't part of the equation.

Signed,

Someone who got a breast reduction 12 years ago for no reason other than she prefers small breasts
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight 14 years ago, I went from a 36C to a 34A. I've kept all the weight off. For my 30th birthday present I went ahead with cosmetic surgery and had a breast augmentation. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I feel really good and balanced now.

I'm glad that you feel happy with your body now, but I think it is really sick and sad that we live in a culture where women feel like they have to undergo SURGERY to get PLASTIC put into their bodies so that they feel like they look good. :sad:

We shouldn't need unnaturally big boobies to feel beautiful and sexy.
    There is something to be said about being proud of the way you were made, and everyone is made differently. We are all beautiful. :flowerforyou:

I think this is a nice goal for some people to strive for, but I have never heard a good reason for "being proud of the way you were made" as if it were somehow better than being proud of MAKING YOURSELF what YOU WANT. Personally, I find the former a little passive and I dislike the implication that we are powerless to change our lot in life.

Good perspective. I personally am not happy with "the way I am" so I am making myself what I want by getting my fat lazy *kitten* in shape. If you're doing the same, you know as well I I do that getting in shape/healthy is NOT passive. And there are SOoooooo many other things you can change about yourself that are HEALTHY to "change our lot in life." I agree with you, we shouldn't just accept the way we are if it makes us happy....but TO A POINT.

Going under the knife to change the basic way we look with implanted synthetic materials is BEYOND that point as far as I am concerned. Frequently it's not a true improvement (unless you are getting your boobs fixed to where they were before you had kids); it's a bona fide change (if you just DON'T LIKE your boobs' size and want them to look different). And that is what I tend to be against.

We aren't powerless, we are powerful. I just think that feeling inadequate because society tells us big tits are preferable to our body's natural shape (if you are in a healthy weight range) is heartbreaking and inane.

Why assume that it is a feeling of inadequacy that leads to the decision? I don't like the way my boobs look. It doesn't make me any less awesome. I just don't like looking at them or feel that they are a good fit for the rest of my body. No one else see's them, except my husband and he is fine with them. I can only change them through surgery. Believe me, if there was an exercise I could do or a diet adjustment I could make I would do it. I do what I can to make the changes that I can make to be stronger, more fit, healthier and - yes - more attractive. I don't see why it is wrong to want to like what we see in the mirror. After all, isn't that one of the reasons we are all on this journey? Sure, it's about health and fitness, but it is just as much about being happy with how we look.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hum... I haven't lost that much weight yet, but I'm pretty sure my boobs will shrink a bit, because they got bigger when I got bigger xD

I'm now a 36B, i think I might go to a 34 A when reaching my goal weight, 'cause that was the size I used to have before gaining the 25 extra lbs.
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love it, a whole topic on boobs. Mine shrunk and now my goal is to shape my upper body to make my boobs look bigger. Yup, that's the plan.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I went from a 36c to a 32c but they look a lot smaller
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    on paper mine havnt shrunk that much - 32G to a 30F but they FEEL much smaller. I have always had larger breats - so its VERY weird to me. I think they are still proportionally large and they stick out more than my belly (which is the defining point in my world). They 'feel' less full though, although the chap doesnt seem that phased and in the bras they look pretty much the same.

If I lost much more I would consider surgery - more alone the lines of a donut lift than implants to make them feel a bit fuller. But I'm not at that point yet as I am waiting to see what my skin does / if lose more.
  • elizabethdc89
    elizabethdc89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're all giving me hope haha. I've been a 38D for...well forever. Ultimately I would be comfortable at a C cup. In fact, I would LOVE a C cup. I'd settle for a smaller D...which will ultimately come I'm sure, but man oh man...I would LOVE to be able to buy a shirt and have it fit like it's supposed to in the hips and waist, rather than what I'm stuck with now which is shirts that fit my boobs. And to only have to wear one sports bra while running would be stellar. It's gotten to the point where if I'm teaching lessons (part time job teaching swim lessons), I wear a pra in the water as well. Unfortunate.

As for the surgery comments, I would totally get a breast reduction. I'm self concious about my chest size, and honestly it hinders me a lot. I'm not happy with how I look, there are other things I would change...but a smaller chest alone would amp up my self confidence, and how comfortable I am in my own skin...it would be the right decision for me, and I'm sure that if I was small chested I'd be saying the opposite and want to go up. It comes down to being confident and comfortable with you body no matter what you augment/reduce/revamp....and isn't that what we're all on here for anyways?
  • kelichik32
    kelichik32 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I never lost my breasts when losing weight. But I have breast implants now, so I don't think they're going anywhere...

Here, here.....getting mine in September.
  • fleshandbonesss
    Options
    I know it's really common to lose 'em once you start exercising and losing weight... But when do they stop shrinking!? I swear, if mine get any smaller, they're going to vanish :/

Went from a 38 D to a 32 A. And the 32 band is too loose on me. What about you?

i went from a 32D to a 32B. i've always been between sizes but i think i have got smaller. i dont think it's that important though. small boobs are great, embrace them!

if it helps, a girl i know went from 34E to 28E. she's absolutely tiny but her boobs didnt get smaller.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Boobs are the first to go on me. I hold my weight in my hips, and that's where it comes from last.

I've always thought that if I could invent a machine that allows women to move fat from their hips or other "problem" areas to their boobs (or maybe vice-versa for some large chested women with skinny legs), I'd be rich!!
  • cara4art
    cara4art Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "Not to discourage anyone...but, as we age our boobs become even smaller due to lack of tissue. Sad."

Not always - often at and after menopause many women find themselves with BIGGER ones, because the denser tissue that was in the breasts before has been replaced by fat, thereby making the breasts larger, even with no change in weight or with the gain of only a very few pounds(like 5-7). Some women gain up to 2 whole cups sizes, in addition to a possible increase in band size if they are also gaining a lot of menopausal weight. I gained about 7 pounds myself(that's what I'm trying to lose now), and I wasn't happy about this at all because I was perfectly satisfied with my 34-Bs that I had for literally decades, which became full 34-Cs. That one cup size difference really influences how one's clothes look and which one's fit nicely too. I'm aiming to get back to my daintier self that I feel most comfortable with. I never wanted larger breasts at all, not even when I was young, preferring a slimmer look. I do remember getting ready for a small bodybuilding contest - that's the most extreme dieting ever, and my chest went right down to practically flat, so I know some fat weight will come off the boobs as I lose this time around. As far as perkiness, they still look pretty good(although not like someone in their 20s or 30s LOL)because I work out and do dance and Pilates which does great things for one's posture.That makes a big difference too.
  • tynybury
    tynybury Posts: 7
    Options
    Ah! I know! I wish I knew the answer because I'm worried I may lose mine altogether.
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    I often wish my boobs were bigger, but on the positive side, it is easy to make them LOOK bigger, and the advantage is that you don't have that extra weight bouncing around in activities like running.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My boobs are bigger now. I had my breast augmentation 3 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. Everyone has to follow the path that leads them to be happy. It isn't about what anyone else thinks you should do or shouldn't do. What feels right to you is the only question that matters.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well I used to have 34DDD with my bra barely containing my breasts, but I lost 17lbs and now I'm more of a 32DDD but I still wear my old 34DDD bra's even though my underbust has clearly shrunk. I don't completely fill out the DDD cup but I'm too big for a DDcup (I tried my old 34DD bras from my middle school days). So I'd say I'm a small 32DDD. I wanna lose about 12 more pounds so I kinda hope my breasts stop shrinking haha
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've only lost two inches off my chest, whew. 36c to 34c is fine by me, was worried that they would shrink down to A cups since that is what I used to be before I gained weight.
  • linzee2207
    linzee2207 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ahh this scares me about weight loss. Why do we lose weight from our boobs first and not our tummy. It sucks! I noticed when I lost about 10 lbs that my boobs went from a large D to a small D, but it didn't go down a cup size. I can't imagine going from a D to an A. Maybe it has something to do with your cycle and they will plump back up in a couple weeks?
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    boobs?? What boobs? I've never really had any expect when I was pregnant. Makes running easier. :)
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    I'm really scared of losing my boobs :/. Hopefully I won't because my whole family is large chested. Currently I am a 34DD Which hasn't changed with my current weight loss. Is there any way to keep them? Do chest workouts really work?
  • NikeBody
    NikeBody Posts: 12
    Options
    Lucky. I always wanted small boobs. The smallest my boobs went down to were a 34B, which still seemed huge to me. I'd love to have small breasts. lol I suppose I feel this way because I've been cursed with average to "big" boobs since I was in the 3rd grade. I'm currently a 38C.