My fit Pals - What's your fav. healthy snack, food, recipe?

Options
BADGIRLstl
BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
Since we are all in this together -Veteren EM2WL family share with us your fav healthy snack, food, recipe, etc. here. I think it will help us newbies. Thanking you in advance.

Replies

• BADGIRLstl
    Options
    One of my new favs is - Skippy NATURAL creamy Peanut butter and apples. I can get the fruit and the protein in. Yum.
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    One of my new favs is - Skippy NATURAL creamy Peanut butter and apples. I can get the fruit and the protein in. Yum.

I eat the same pb with apples too. I love Fage Total, full fat, Greek yogurt. I get the strawberry or peach- its like dessert. The other thing I eat probably too much of is hard boiled eggs. They are so good and so easy.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Ground Turkey chili made with blacck beans, kidney beans, red & green bell peppers and onions. I make a big batch and freeze in couple of 1 cup size containers and freeze. Pull it out during the week or whenever and reheat. Delish and healthy. Good protein.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options

I eat the same pb with apples too. I love Fage Total, full fat, Greek yogurt. I get the strawberry or peach- its like dessert. The other thing I eat probably too much of is hard boiled eggs. They are so good and so easy.
    I will put the Greek yogurt on my list. Thanks. I do need to do better with the hard boiled eggs.
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    I make my own trailbars for breakfast and my own trail mix for my afternoon snack. I don't know how I survived without them before! :laugh:
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I make my own trailbars for breakfast and my own trail mix for my afternoon snack. I don't know how I survived without them before! :laugh:
    Sounds delish. Recipe PULEEZE!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This might not sound tasty but it is!

Cottage cheese, chopped dates, and pumpkin spices.

Helps whenever I have a sweet tooth.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Sandwiches: 1 wheat pita

a hand ful of: cauliflowe, brocoli, red cabbage shredded, shredded carrots, a hand ful of shredded cheddar cheese and dill pickle spear sliced in half. I know its an odd combination but it is so good
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I ate almonds and cranberrys today. I love the combination.
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    I have pretty much the same snacks daily. Almonds and string cheese, usually together, natural peanut butter on something, like celery/apple/banana etc. And my all time favorite snack is a greek yogurt "parfait" with mixed berries, usually from frozen, and a sprinkle of granola and chopped almonds on top, yum! A full serving is like 223cals and 25g of protein, I usually have a half serving unless I need more cals:) it's my fav snack ever! lol
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerkey
    String Cheese
    Bacon
    Peanuts
    Peanut Butter
    Dark Chocolate
    Bananas
    Apples

ect.

:)
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    You guys rock. Keep the list coming. I'm taking mad notes.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    string cheese
    luna protein bars
    kind nut bars
    left over baked chicken legs or breast
    nuts
    fruit
    apple with nutella and/or peanut butter
    banana with nutella and/or peanut butter
    beef jerky
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yogurt

Pineapple cottage cheese

Optimum Nutrition protein powder

Eggs & egg beaters

Trader Joes bran cakes (13 grams fiber)

Fruit

Kind bars

Coffee :)
  • gonzohazel
    gonzohazel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jamie Easons protein bars. They are awesome!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Yes they are. My favorite is the cinnamon swirl.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Yes they are. My favorite is the cinnamon swirl.

Where do you buy these bars? Thanks
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Any lean meat/fish recipes?
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    I eat broiled tilapia all the time. I just put about 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil on it, season with whatever sounds good (usually pepper, paprika, ground ginger and crushed red peppers) then broil on high for 5mins each side. I eat that usually with broccoli and sometimes pasta/rice depending on where my cals are for dinner.

I also love broiled chicken breast and one of my fav "recipes" for chicken I just made up recently. For one portion, I sautee a half an onion and some diced green peppers, when they're about half way done, I add about 6oz of diced up chicken breast, season that with pepper, ginger, crushed red peppers and curry powder, sautee that til the chicken is about 3/4 cooked, add a cup of frozen stir fry mix, sautee til the veggies are warmed through, then add about a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of soy sauce. It is SO good! I'll eat it alone, over salad or over brown rice! DELICIOUS! It's not super low cal (I think around 600?) But it's amazing:)
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I eat broiled tilapia all the time. I just put about 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil on it, season with whatever sounds good (usually pepper, paprika, ground ginger and crushed red peppers) then broil on high for 5mins each side. I eat that usually with broccoli and sometimes pasta/rice depending on where my cals are for dinner.

I also love broiled chicken breast and one of my fav "recipes" for chicken I just made up recently. For one portion, I sautee a half an onion and some diced green peppers, when they're about half way done, I add about 6oz of diced up chicken breast, season that with pepper, ginger, crushed red peppers and curry powder, sautee that til the chicken is about 3/4 cooked, add a cup of frozen stir fry mix, sautee til the veggies are warmed through, then add about a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of soy sauce. It is SO good! I'll eat it alone, over salad or over brown rice! DELICIOUS! It's not super low cal (I think around 600?) But it's amazing:)
    sounds delish. And I have most of these ingredients already. Thanks, I can't wait to make this.