October 2012 due dates?

Options

Replies

• Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    We are finding out...our appointment's next Thursday, but we won't officially find out til our Pink and Blue Party next Friday evening (if baby cooperates, that is). I'm super excited, and more clueless about what this one is. With my daughter, I knew- but this one I've had both feelings- so will be interesting to know for sure! I just can't wait to start calling him/her by name:)
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    We had our anatomy u/s this morning, followed by a visit to the doctor. U/S was great, neat to see the baby again. Tech said everything looked good and on schedule.

At my doctor's appointment I was up 14lbs (18w3d), but she didn't bring up my weight at all. Funny how the doctors are differing on weight. A few of you with less weight gain are being told to watch the calorie intake, but I remember reading a post a while back from someone who's midwife, like my doc, wasn't weight focused, either. My doc said she fully expects me to gain the whole 35lbs given my height/starting weight, maybe she'll say something later if I creep up too much.

On a non-weight related note, all of my test results are good. No red flags for any health issues for the baby. Also had a chat with my doc about tearing vs. episiotomies. *shudder* I know of two people who had worst-case scenario type of tearing, she reassured me that those stories are absolutely not the norm (one had a baby with an abnormally large and wide head, the other mother just had 3 terrible pregnancies/deliveries and a lot of bad luck by the sound of it!) Even with what she told me today, it will be on my mind until the baby is out!

Liann - we are not/did not find out the gender, either. I like the surprise! Even if we had wanted to, our baby wasn't cooperating at the u/s this morning. It was facing my back and had its legs in a way that there was no way to get a good peek.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Js - I am 19w 1d and up 15lbs (or so haven't weighed in a few days) and my OB isn't too concerned either. He said his main concern is me getting enough exercise. He said if I exercise enough he doesn't care if I gain more than the 20lbs we discussed. I had to take a break from exercise due to uterine pain and cramps. But so far this week I have been on the elliptical 3 times! Hoping to do more tonight.

Glad to see someone else who doesn't find out lol. Most of my family hates it and most of his family loves it lol. I like the surprise too. Great motivator during labor!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    jls - I had my check-up yesterday at 18wks 5days and I'm up 14 pounds too :( Doctor said she preferred a 10 pound weight gain at 20 weeks so I'm trying to hold steady for awhile. Trying not to stress about it too much but I want to stay as healthy as possible during the pregnancy!
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    It IS funny how the Drs are different- I've gained 9/10 thus far at 18 weeks 5 days. But with my daughter I gained 8 the first trimester and my Dr never said anything...I don't know which I prefer!:)
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Would anyone be willing to keep going with a weight loss/in-shape challenge post-delivery in October? I plan on breast feeding so won't be able to do any dieting but I definitely want to get back in awesome shape before my maternity leave ends!
  • Lainn
    Options
    Would anyone be willing to keep going with a weight loss/in-shape challenge post-delivery in October? I plan on breast feeding so won't be able to do any dieting but I definitely want to get back in awesome shape before my maternity leave ends!
    I would be! I am REALLY wanting to shed the weight as soon as possible. I also will be BFing, so no dieting, but I can watch my calories and nutrition. I also plan on uping the exercise like a mad woman. So are you thinking of like challenges or just accountability?
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Not sure, I've done a couple of challenges on here but wanted to get a consensus on what people were thinking. I want to definitely do P90X (since it takes 90 days and that's how many I'll have at home!) and maybe even Couch to 5K as well. I love the idea of being able to run with a stroller in a 10K once the winter is over!
  • Lainn
    Options
    I have no idea what P90X is lol
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    It's a set of workout videos from Beach Body company - I got mine previously owned (they are EXPENSIVE brand new)

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Those are the two programs I'll be using post-pregnancy!

After I complete those two...I guess we'll see which one I'll go to next. My goal is to be in better shape at 32 with a baby then at 22 :bigsmile:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm in for something after the baby's here. I was on a Jillian Michaels kick for a while so I have a bunch of her dvds. I will probably use those and mix in running/walking. I love th C25K program and will definitely incorporate that. If I could find p90x cheap, I would be in but there's no way that's in the budget brand new.
  • dq1479
    dq1479 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Faughorn and others - I will be in for losing the baby weight after having my son. Would love the support of other mom's.

I will say this though. Be kind to your bodies in the first month or so after giving birth. Everyone is different but I didn't allow myself to heal or rest the way I should after my first son and it took its toll not only on my recovering but losing the weight. So I am taking the month after my sons birth OFF!! I will still track but no exercise. Just enjoying my new boy!

My plan is in month 2, if I am feeling ready, to start walking. My goal at 3 months PP, as long as the walking went well, I am going to start running, Zumba, and continue a nice walking routine. This is what I was doing before I got pregnant and it worked really well for me.

I will be breast feeding too so eating healthy and reminding myself to drink water!
  • jls8209
    Options
    I know I'll be eager to lose the weight and get back into shape quickly, but I agree with dq1479. Good to get lots of rest and let your body heal for a bit getting before jumping back into exercise. My mom said she went for a short walk not long after I was born (about 1.5km/1mile total) and she said she barely made it home because she was so sore/tired (and I was a vaginal delivery, not a c-section). I'm also planning to take it easy for the first month, then probably start exericising again with walking and weights/dvds at home, then maybe start to try some short trips to the gym when my parents visit around xmas (unsure at the moment about the child-minding service at my gym, and I know when DH gets home from work in the evenings I'll likely be too pooped to go for a workout).

I'm also planning to breastfeed (hopefully my giant pregnancy boobs and coming from a family of successful breasfeeders will guarantee me success!), so food-wise I'll be trying to focus on healthy food and staying hydrated.
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    dq and jls - good points! the primary goal is definitely going to be staying healthy! How about we all stay motivating post-baby but do a more gradual return to the exercise program? I think everyone will be different on what they feel comfortable with :)
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    I'm all for keeping each other accountable/staying healthy post-baby. And like the others, I'm not going to rush it. With my daughter, I took the 6 weeks after her birth (that the doctor recommended) "off". I still would leisurely walk, and I didn't eat too horribly- but I wanted to just enjoy my maternity leave/time with my newborn. Eventually the weight did all come off- right in time for baby number 2:) But I'll for sure need accountablity to not go completely crazy when I'm enjoying my maternity leave!
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hey y'all im due oct 15!! yay! im totally trying for a vbac :)))
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Need to comment in here to bring the topic back to the top of my discussion list :laugh:

<--- check out the pic of Baby S suckin' his thumb at my 20 week ultrasound yesterday, ain't he CUTE! :flowerforyou:
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    Need to comment in here to bring the topic back to the top of my discussion list :laugh:

<--- check out the pic of Baby S suckin' his thumb at my 20 week ultrasound yesterday, ain't he CUTE! :flowerforyou:

Faughorn, I don't have a nifty scanner or anything- but we got a pic of ours doing the same today!! SO cute:) Finding out the gender at our party tomorrow evening- can't wait!
  • jls8209
    Options

Awesome picture! I got a new pic at my u/s last week, but it didn't turn out very well. Boo!
  • FaugHorn
    Options

Faughorn, I don't have a nifty scanner or anything- but we got a pic of ours doing the same today!! SO cute:) Finding out the gender at our party tomorrow evening- can't wait!

I ended up using my camera phone close-up and avoided a glare to get it. My mom needed a picture IMMEDIATELY lol