My fit Pals - What's your fav. healthy snack, food, recipe?

Options

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Too funny she asked for recipies and instead she got a list of everyone's favorite snacks lol, I believe she wanted your favorite snack recipies
  • oneida_russet
    oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I was buying flavored greek yogurt, I would take LIME and mix with wheat germ for an instant KEY LIME PIE.

I also love a chocolate sugar free pudding cup with shaved raw almonds and unsweetened coconut for an ALMOND JOY!

Make mock-deviled eggs with egg whites with hummus instead of the yoke.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When I was buying flavored greek yogurt, I would take LIME and mix with wheat germ for an instant KEY LIME PIE.

I also love a chocolate sugar free pudding cup with shaved raw almonds and unsweetened coconut for an ALMOND JOY!

Make mock-deviled eggs with egg whites with hummus instead of the yoke.
    Oh my friend. I thought I was the only one that would create a snack and trick myself into thinking it was the real thing. I love Almond Joy so I will try that pudding snack.

I also oven fry chicken wings....Another good knockoff to fried chicken. I most def. will try the Mock deviled eggs...those where my favorite. THANK THANK THANK YOU!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sugarsquare
    sugarsquare Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    PB and Apple---- OBSESSED! LOL
    Greek yogurt with strawberries
    Hummus and carrots
    Almond butter with flaxseed from Trader Joe's
    Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal with Strawberries (self magazine recipe)
    Just bought some Steel Cut Oats we shall see what those are all about!
    PB on a Kashi Waffle with Bananas and Cinnamon
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My best investment for cooking in the kitchen, parchment paper! you can cook any meat, poultry or fish on it or you can use it to make pouches to bake in.

I will bake my meat, fish, poultry of choice with a very light touch of oil, lemon or lime juice and herbs, garlic, pepper, and onion etc, in low to moderate heat oven until cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.

For pouches you can add veggies to the mix and meal in a pouch, nice and moist. Be careful when you open it, as the steam is hot!

I guess the above are not really snacks!! Sorry:blushing:

Snacks are just that, I don't usually make them up from scratch but love to have lots of different things available to grab and go: my faves are unsweetened applesauce, turkey pepperettes, laughing cow light cheese wedges, greek yogourt, nut butters with fruit or celery, fruit such as pears apples oranges, watermelon.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Nuts
    Trail mix with seeds
    Full fat cheese
    Rice cake with Peanut butter
    Protein Shake with Banana and frozen fruit
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Greek yogurt
    Liberte yogurts yummmmm
    Nuts
    Chocolate protein shake, an egg, a banana, and 2tbs pb...oh heaven
    Salmon
    Wild planet skip jack tuna
    Golden valley organi beef jerky
    Kind Bars ...love it
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just out this on another thread...

0% total greek yoghurt 150g
    mixed with one scoop strawberry body supreme protien powder
    100g grapes.... creamy delish 196 cals (not inc grapes) and 35g protein...

:bigsmile:
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love fat free pretzels w/ laughing cow cheese wedges! It's an alternative to salty high fat chips!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also love homemade popcorn. I pop it in a little olive oil and put some real butter on it. SO GOOD. Microwavable tastes like crap after you're used to homemade, lol!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Other than my usual greek yogurt, cottage cheese, soy nuts, trail mix, or peanut butter, I really like an apple with cheddar cheese, or a can of smoked herring with celery sticks. The other night I got creative and put cream cheese and salsa on my celery sticks. A low carb thing I used to do was put cream cheese on celery and wrap with sandwich meat. Yummy. :)
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter
    natural almond butter (the Trader Joe's brand is AMAZING!)
    sunflower seeds
    pumpkin seeds (again, Trader Joe's brand is AMAZING!!)
    almonds
    hard-boiled eggs
    light string cheese
    hummus and whole wheat pita chips (the chips are easy to make yourself)
    kale chips
    snapea crisps
    homemade granola

Oh and I just found a recipe on Pinterest for roasted chickpeas!!! I'm totally trying these sometime next week!!

Roasted chickpeas sound yummy! Did you try this yet? If so, how did it go?
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    My middle of the night snack is raw whole almonds and crasins. My afternoon favorite snack is a citris fat free low calorie yogurt mixed with equal amount of skim cottage cheese. We dont do dinner until after 7pm and this snack about 4 pm holds me over.

Does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night starved?

Im glad to have found this group. It seemed like everyone else is striving to lower calories. While I am reaching up to 1200-1400. From my reg of 700 avg. Been eatting like that for years (32-34) it only made me bigger, medications helped.

I just want to let this out, it may not be the right place for that Im sorry. We set up a web cam for my in laws to join us last christmas. Yesterday my father in law told me I must have eatten at least 7,000 calories??? why do people say that. It seriously just makes me want to stop eatting all together. ( annorexic tendancies) Reminds me of my grandmas boy friend taking an axe handle to measure across my *kitten* while I was half a sleep on the couch. Im 5'3" and at that time weighed 85-90lbs. He announced I was 8 axe handles wide. God I felt so fat. so I didnt eat for days. Father in Law brought it all back. Im not going to drop my calories. I am still going to meet my goal of 1200-1400. sorry for the vent. He really hurt me.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Another snack I just love. I love pumpkin pies and shakes. I havent had any in about two years. I started growing butternut squash, I cut it in half, deseed it, spray my cookie sheet with butter flavor. Cook it flesh side down at 450 for 45 mins. the skin will look burned its ok. then mash it up, add 1 pat of butter per cup, what ever you are using for sweeting, about 2 tbls of brown sugar is good. but ive switched to Splenda no cal. and some pumpkin pie seasoning. I know its warm not cool like a shake, but it really takes care of that craving. at a whopping 82 calories per cup. I hope others will enjoy this as much as I do.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This isn't much of a recipe but its a great go-to snack:

I take two hard-boiled eggs and cut in half. I don't like hard-boiled yolks so I toss them but you could eat them if you want. Then I take hummus and fill in the egg white hollows. I use 2 Tbsp total.

You could probably mash the hummus and yolks together to make like a deviled egg but I am not a fan of deviled eggs either so I have never tried it.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    My middle of the night snack is raw whole almonds and crasins. My afternoon favorite snack is a citris fat free low calorie yogurt mixed with equal amount of skim cottage cheese. We dont do dinner until after 7pm and this snack about 4 pm holds me over.

Does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night starved?

Im glad to have found this group. It seemed like everyone else is striving to lower calories. While I am reaching up to 1200-1400. From my reg of 700 avg. Been eatting like that for years (32-34) it only made me bigger, medications helped.

I just want to let this out, it may not be the right place for that Im sorry. We set up a web cam for my in laws to join us last christmas. Yesterday my father in law told me I must have eatten at least 7,000 calories??? why do people say that. It seriously just makes me want to stop eatting all together. ( annorexic tendancies) Reminds me of my grandmas boy friend taking an axe handle to measure across my *kitten* while I was half a sleep on the couch. Im 5'3" and at that time weighed 85-90lbs. He announced I was 8 axe handles wide. God I felt so fat. so I didnt eat for days. Father in Law brought it all back. Im not going to drop my calories. I am still going to meet my goal of 1200-1400. sorry for the vent. He really hurt me.
    I hate that people do mean things to us that put all these negative thoughts in our head. Yes honey, keep pressing on and doing the right thing. Don't look back for a minute. Yes, healthy eating from here on out. YOU got this. Let that ignorance live in the past...it has NO RELEVANCE now. Great job on dismissing that nonsense.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    This isn't much of a recipe but its a great go-to snack:

I take two hard-boiled eggs and cut in half. I don't like hard-boiled yolks so I toss them but you could eat them if you want. Then I take hummus and fill in the egg white hollows. I use 2 Tbsp total.

You could probably mash the hummus and yolks together to make like a deviled egg but I am not a fan of deviled eggs either so I have never tried it.
    This is soooooooooo creative. Another way to eat hummus.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    One of my new favs is - Skippy NATURAL creamy Peanut butter and apples. I can get the fruit and the protein in. Yum.

OMGoodness, I love this snack and as a matter of fact will be eating it a little later today.
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fudgecicles - 100 cals for the regular (sugarfree probably lower)
    Peeled Cucumbers with salt, or chopped in a bowl with a tb or 2 of lite ranch salad dressing
    Dill pickles