No jumping on the scale for a month ... who's with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've been 9 days no weighing so I am already on board with you. I just measured this last week. yes going by inches is a lot better so count me in.

Awesome!!!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I am not weighing myself until my reset is over, which will be June 30th! Then I'll be cutting just in time for my 4th of July vacation.

Great commitment ... enjoy your reset!

:flowerforyou:
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    im in...june is scale free month for me. i was going to measure every week but i've been wondering if maybe every 2 weeks would be a better judge....

i catch myself thinking about getting on the scale at least 3 times a day and wishing i hadn't given it to my mom to keep at her house till july!

i saw the scale at our daycare providers house when i dropped my daughter off today and had to use the bathroom and almost jumped on!

Yeah i walked into my bathroom and thought mmm ... something is different and it was the empty space where my scales used to sit hehehe ...

Good stuff on being so strong ... shows it is losing its grip on you already! Nice on taking to your mom's too :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Dang....I've already jumped on it. I knew I couldn't stay off of it.

thats ok ... now that its is out of your system start afresh???!??? :bigsmile:
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Hell, I'm in.

It'll be nice. Won't have to roll back the mat on the floor... Good deal.

No scale til July 5th.

Awesome ... welcome!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I am in!!! That scale can stay in the closet forever as far as I'm concerned! That flat *kitten* has caused me enough grief!! :))

hehehe ... great!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! That scale can stay in the closet forever as far as I'm concerned! That flat *kitten* has caused me enough grief!! :))

:laugh: Flat *kitten*, I love it!

I've managed to avoid weighing for the month of June so far. yipeee.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oops I just posted without reading new topics. I just made a thread talking about the scale.

I'm making a 30 day no scale commitment as of tomorrow am.
  • twoboys2012
    Options

:laugh: Flat *kitten*, I love it!

I've managed to avoid weighing for the month of June so far. yipeee.

Awesome!!!! :bigsmile:
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Oops I just posted without reading new topics. I just made a thread talking about the scale.

I'm making a 30 day no scale commitment as of tomorrow am.

Great stuff!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Well I'm failing so far, ha :( It's compulsive, I don't even think about it most of the time. Urgh!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I actually don't own a scale! :) But I visit folks who do maybe once every or every other week. So this will probably happen by default for me :) which is good as I just started maybe two weeks ago. I don't feel like I've gained but no loses for me just yet.

For folks interested in why weight is a silly measurement I would highly recommend a book (that also goes into the science of why "diets" don't work and more generally the science behind metabolism) called Health at Every Size. It's really helped me to focus less on the scale, less on feeling bad that I've always been overweight/obese and more on how to get healthy regardless of whatever my BMI is telling me.

Do not let scales own you! :)
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just seen this thread and how very timely! I decided this evening to put the scale away and not weigh myself until 30th June. So can I join in too? Please :)

It'll be one less thing to wipe the towel fluff off in the bathroom yay!
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late joining but I'm in. I haven't weighed since May 31st. No stepping on the scale till June 30th!!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I actually don't own a scale! :) But I visit folks who do maybe once every or every other week. So this will probably happen by default for me :) which is good as I just started maybe two weeks ago. I don't feel like I've gained but no loses for me just yet.

For folks interested in why weight is a silly measurement I would highly recommend a book (that also goes into the science of why "diets" don't work and more generally the science behind metabolism) called Health at Every Size. It's really helped me to focus less on the scale, less on feeling bad that I've always been overweight/obese and more on how to get healthy regardless of whatever my BMI is telling me.

Do not let scales own you! :)

Well said! :)
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Just seen this thread and how very timely! I decided this evening to put the scale away and not weigh myself until 30th June. So can I join in too? Please :)

It'll be one less thing to wipe the towel fluff off in the bathroom yay!

hehehe ... Welcome ... great less cleaning!!! :)
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I'm a little late joining but I'm in. I haven't weighed since May 31st. No stepping on the scale till June 30th!!

Wonderful! Well done