Just Started Chalean Extreme today...

MandyG4557
MandyG4557 Posts: 42 Member
I just started Chalean Extreme this morning and am new to myfitnesspal would like someone to help me motivated..

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    I'm also in week one. I just did Burn 2 yesterday, so feel free to add me. I'm enjoying the workout but have to push myself harder on the push-ups :)
  • mhenkel0506
    mhenkel0506 Posts: 27
    I just started Chalean Extreme yesterday. Add me as a friend if you like! I've never done this workout before, but I love Chalean and her other programs, so thought I would give it a try. I will need some motivation too!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    I just started the push phase this week so I am only about a month ahead of all of ya! I lost 12 inches in the first month. So there's some motivation for you! Add me if you would like. I have someone who is a few weeks ahead of me and she is really helpful with suggestions and things to expect. Helps me mentally prepare for how I am going to feel! Hope you all enjoy CLX as much as I do.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    I loved this program and lost almost 20lbs in 1 month, not to mention all of the inches gone!

To chart your progress, you will want to log your weight lifting in the cardio section for calorie burn. I found this to be easiest.

Currently i'm doing brazil butt lift but want to do another round of CHX after.

Don't get discouraged, it took me about 2 weeks before I was looking forward to the workouts. (this is my first "home" style program).

you can add me as a friend :)
    hugs!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    I started on Tuesday. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    I'm starting the Lean phase on Saturday. I have loved this program so far.
  • Rhaiyne
    Rhaiyne Posts: 16
    I just started today too :) I've come to realize that i have no back muscles... lol
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    I have recently restarted this program and will be following it till the end with no excuses. My initial start a few weeks didn't get off to a very good routine and I ended up stopping for a while.
    I like it alot and can't wait to see how it changes my body these next few months.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    What weights would you all suggest starting with?? I have the program and its just been sitting in the box for like 5 months, I need to get free weights to start but unsure what to buy. Any help would be appreciated
  • Pipsg1rl
    What weights would you all suggest starting with?? I have the program and its just been sitting in the box for like 5 months, I need to get free weights to start but unsure what to buy. Any help would be appreciated

I went to target and purchased some ProForm selectable weights. it was a set of 2 weights each going to 25lbs in 2.5lb increments. They were around $70.
  • Rhaiyne
    Rhaiyne Posts: 16
    I have free weights ranging from 3 lbs to 10 lbs, and then I have my husband's PowerBlocks ranging from 15-50lbs.
  • janeen25
    janeen25 Posts: 4 Member
    I started this week. SO hard but I LOVE it!!! deff feeling results.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 191 Member
    Started yesterday and am sore today. Only burned about 70 calories with HRM. Today I did Burn it Off and only burned 85 calories and I was sweating and working hard! Each Jillian Michaels Body Revolution workout burned at leasst 200 calories, what the heck!
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    I'm starting this weekend!! I'm super excited to start this- I'll be posting with ya all-
  • samurphy23
    samurphy23 Posts: 22 Member
    This worries me too about the calorie burn, I saw a post of another one of our Jillian Michaels BR friends where her burn wasn't as high with Chalean as with BR. I have 3 weeks to go on BR and then I am joining you guys with Chalean.
  • Cclancaster
    Strength training doesn't burn as much while doing it but the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism gets which means you burn more fat all day long.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 191 Member
    Update on the calorie burn:

Somehow my HRM resting rate got changed from 72 to 129. So when I worked out at 135 - 150, it wasn't much of a difference! Now I'm finding that my cals burned are between 370 and 400.

I knew something had to be off because there was NO WAY I was only burning 70 with CLX!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Glad you figured it out!!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Started Friday, have done 3 workouts so far, Chalean is easy to follow, so far I am loving it! I did not take pictures, or measure, thinking maybe I should?
  • Cclancaster
    Started Friday, have done 3 workouts so far, Chalean is easy to follow, so far I am loving it! I did not take pictures, or measure, thinking maybe I should?

Oh yes you most definitely should take measurements and pictures.