Stage 1

Options

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just did 7B, and I'm pretty upset.

I tossed a bar on my back and got down to do lunges, but my dumb knee started hurting. So I was like, "Fine, fine, bodyweight then", and the sucker STILL hurt. So I was like, "back leg raised?" hurt. "Front leg on step?" hurt.

Whatever, icing that crap knee now. I'm not sure what to do with it. BOO. I wanna lunge.

Oh, DEADLIFT up again. Go me.

Damn sorry to hear about your knee.. and Huzzah!! amazing on even HIGHER deadlift!!

8A for me tomorrow!! :)
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just did 7B, and I'm pretty upset.

I tossed a bar on my back and got down to do lunges, but my dumb knee started hurting. So I was like, "Fine, fine, bodyweight then", and the sucker STILL hurt. So I was like, "back leg raised?" hurt. "Front leg on step?" hurt.

Whatever, icing that crap knee now. I'm not sure what to do with it. BOO. I wanna lunge.

Oh, DEADLIFT up again. Go me.

Congrats on the deadlift. My knee is hurting today so I'm leaving my 7a until tomorrow in the hopes that I can get it done without injury :grumble:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Hi all :flowerforyou:
    Just completed my 1B workout, I just love deadlifting! Makes me feel awesome :laugh: Really enjoying the prog so far, my lunges suck but I know I will get better.
    Look forward to hearing everyones progress
    Edit: if anyone wants to add me please do so, I need more lovely lifting ladies :happy:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    8A today!!
    Squat - First time on the squat rack and not smith machine - 115lbs like it so much better than the smith and i could go heavier.
    Push up - used 3rd rung of Smith Machine
    Seated row - 90lbs
    Step up - was able to clean the 65lb barbell over my head and up on my back for the step ups.
    Prone jacknife - Done! :)
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just finished 2A and didn't find it as satisfying as 1B. I couldn't get as low in my squats as I did last time because it felt as though my quads would pull if I went too deep. Is that normal? I spent 15 minutes warming up on the treadmill, but I probably could have stretched more before starting. I also added 10 lbs to my weight. I feel like I'm still just guessing what weight to use. :ohwell:
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    8A today!!
    Squat - First time on the squat rack and not smith machine - 115lbs like it so much better than the smith and i could go heavier.
    Push up - used 3rd rung of Smith Machine
    Seated row - 90lbs
    Step up - was able to clean the 65lb barbell over my head and up on my back for the step ups.
    Prone jacknife - Done! :)

Whoa! look at you! WHO'S A SQUATTING MACHINE! That's awesome.

Epcooper, did you do warmup squats? I usually just sit in a nice deep squat to warm up and make sure my body knows we're going ATG, then I do warmup sets, then I do the final weight. I find that if I don't warm up my squats are a little on the piddly side.
    And yeah, it is kind of guesswork with the weights in the first few.. you'll soon discover where you're supposed to be at! :)
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just did 5A. I am so exhausted. Who knew that three sets would be so much more difficult than two?! Gave myself a bit of chocolate as a reward. XD
  • SweetSapphire
    SweetSapphire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, I have just completed my first Workout A1 and I really enjoyed it (once i had located everything at the gym!). I found the push-ups the hardest and just about managed 15 reps at 45-60 degree angle. I'd never done jackknifes before so that was interesting positioning myself on the ball. I'd hardly say I was ladylike or graceful on my first attempt lol They really work though don't they? Not sure how much I will ache yet because I have been doing some strength training at the gym for about six weeks - especially barbell squats. Not looking forward to the lunges in the next one.

Just completed Workout B1! I really upped the weights today. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to hate lunges (worst ones for my knee) but I did managed them (just) holding 11lb dumbbells in each hand. I already know I'm going to ache tomorrow. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea doing a pilates class first! My abs are going to kill!
  • SweetSapphire
    Options
    Just completed my 1B workout, I just love deadlifting! Makes me feel awesome :laugh: Really enjoying the prog so far, my lunges suck but I know I will get better.
    Edit: if anyone wants to add me please do so, I need more lovely lifting ladies :happy:

Strangely enough, I found the lunges the worst too! Deadlifts make you feel like you are playing with 'the big boys." :laugh: Had to go over to unchartered waters - the other rack of weights the boys use! How is your muscle soreness?
  • Pookylou
    Options

Strangely enough, I found the lunges the worst too! Deadlifts make you feel like you are playing with 'the big boys." :laugh: Had to go over to unchartered waters - the other rack of weights the boys use! How is your muscle soreness?

I am much weaker on my left hand side which I've never noticed before. I had to drop from 6 to 5kg dumbells for the second set. May try them weightless next time to get my form better.
    Dead lifting is my new love :heart:
    Sore but not too bad, my *kitten* is going to be a rock!
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just did 5A. I am so exhausted. Who knew that three sets would be so much more difficult than two?! Gave myself a bit of chocolate as a reward. XD

I understand where you're coming from about the 3 sets, so fully agree with a chocolate reward :bigsmile:
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm about to head to the gym for 5B - looking forward to deadlifts vs. squats. I never can get to the squat rack - it is always monopolized so I've been using the bars and that is a lot harder (for me).

So I like my B workout more than the A workout - so far at least! :)
  • ladyjoie
    Options
    Surprised I'm not more sore today, to be honest. I felt SO DEAD last night. Looking forward to tomorrow! I don't normally work out on Sundays but I have a lot of holidays coming up, so I'm working around them. Happy that I can afford to do that.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I agree with y'all about those filthy stinking lunges. I actually finally moved my dead up to a weight where I'm like, "holy hell, this is the one". I never ever ever have experienced psoas soreness in any other training. I was like, "PSOAS" when I woke up, since it's been this mythical muscle for me that has always been too tight to allow me a perfect split. Now I know it and we are going to have a damn good relationship. PSOAS! PSOAS!

I'm about to go do.. 8A - I want to bump my squats up so high grown men cry- but I'll be good for a 10 lb increase too, I guess. :)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Finally finished. Still wondering if I am doing the AMRAP next week, but here are my stats.

Workout A

Squats: Dumbbell =25 lbs to Barbell Squats: 105 lbs

Push Ups: On kitchen counter to Floor (I did have to go on my knees for 1 set though)

Dumbbell Rows: 25 lbs to 31 lbs (added little weights) I just realized that I didn't bump this up like I could have.

Step Ups: 20 lbs 12 inches to 40 pounds 9 inches (had to go lower because I started working out in our basement and I can't go to high or I will bump my head.)

Jackknife: Couldn't do them, did alternatives to do them semi with help with legs up on a angled seat.

Workout B

Dead lift: Dumbbells: 25lbs each hand to Barbell: 75lbs (actually used a curl bar)

Shoulder Press: Dumbbells: 15lbs to 25 lbs.

Lat Pull-down: Only have exercise bands but went from wide using handles to wide twisted and up higher.

Lunges: Dumbbells 25lbs both hands to Barbell: 75 lbs

Exercise Ball Crunches: Started at 8 no weight to 15 with 35 pound weight.

I will be taking my measurements on Monday. My weight went from 171 to 167.
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Okay I have another question for you ladies! I have been doing the deadlift with a curl bar....anyone know how much the bar weighs on it's own??

And holy crap do my legs hurt today...on A4 I bumped up my squatting weight from 65 lbs. last time to 75 lbs. It was HARD! I love this program SO much!
  • Pookylou
    Options
    2A completed this morning, Sunday mornings at the gym are lovely and quiet. Much prefer my B days...... Changed to using the bar for my squats only had about 10lbs on it, gonna try and work on my form for a while before bumping up :smile:
  • SweetSapphire
    Options
    I agree with y'all about those filthy stinking lunges. I actually finally moved my dead up to a weight where I'm like, "holy hell, this is the one". I never ever ever have experienced psoas soreness in any other training. I was like, "PSOAS" when I woke up, since it's been this mythical muscle for me that has always been too tight to allow me a perfect split. Now I know it and we are going to have a damn good relationship. PSOAS! PSOAS!

I'm about to go do.. 8A - I want to bump my squats up so high grown men cry- but I'll be good for a 10 lb increase too, I guess. :)
    Ok, at the risk of sounding stupid, what does PSOAS stand for? It might be an 'across the water' difference in language thing - or just me lol. I love your attitude by the way! :laugh:
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Okay I have another question for you ladies! I have been doing the deadlift with a curl bar....anyone know how much the bar weighs on it's own??

And holy crap do my legs hurt today...on A4 I bumped up my squatting weight from 65 lbs. last time to 75 lbs. It was HARD! I love this program SO much!

The curl bar weighs, according to my husband, 15 pounds. That's what I've been using too.
  • ladyjoie
    Options
    2A completed this morning, Sunday mornings at the gym are lovely and quiet. Much prefer my B days...... Changed to using the bar for my squats only had about 10lbs on it, gonna try and work on my form for a while before bumping up :smile:

I have to sink SO LOW to get my upper thighs parallel to the floor (full squat). I dropped weights entirely from my lunges for the first couple of weeks so that I could really get down to the floor as well, and I'm still doing them with light weights. It is much better to have form than weight!