Introduction - New Members

Replies

• nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    My hobbit name is Lobelia Proudfoot (which I'm not going to use because it makes me think of Lobelia Sackville-Baggins).

My elvish name is Galadriel Culnamo.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    This is the greatest thing I have ever seen! And I must take part. I'm kindra. I'm from Seattle but am currently living in Virginia :)
  • hart1tm
    hart1tm Posts: 20
    My name is Taylor and I'm 21yrs old. My first goal is to hit Rivendell
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    I'm Bethea, and I'm 24. My first goal is to get to Rivendell (like most others!). I started today and I've almost entered Tookland! I will probably follow Pippin's path, because he is my absolute favorite hobbit!

This is the most brilliant thing I've ever heard, and it makes me giddy inside to exercise!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Good morning. I'm Sheelagh. Currently residing in Edmonton, AB, Canada.

I've been tracking my walking for the past few weeks and just found out about this group. Seems an awesome way to keep me motivated AND my get my geek on.

My first goal is to walk from Hobbiton to Rivendell (468 miles) and I've already managed 129.3 of those miles since Feb 6th.
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Hi, all!

I'm Sammybunny and I ADORE all things "Tolkien". I came across the Eowyn Challenge website about a year ago, but have not started to walk from Bag End to Rivendell yet. I was SO excited to see this group! Can't wait to start walking down the road in Frodo's footsteps!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hello! Just joined the group and will set out from Hobbiton this weekend! Really excited to take up this challenge!
  • squishy82
    squishy82 Posts: 17 Member
    hiya just joined today gonna start my journey to mordor right now.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    i heard about this group from my friend azsuzi. heading out from Bag End today and really excited about the trip!! maybe i will plan to reread the books as i go.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Hi! My name is Ryan and I am a 31 year old from Salt Lake City. I'm following Bilbo's route to the Lonely Mountain and back first, then I plan to go to Mordor.
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome to the journey, Ryan!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Hi I'm DanOhh, 42 from Kansas City! Not much of a hobbit myself... more of a dwarf. In fact my middle name is Oren which gave me the nickname 'Oren Oakenshild' back in the day.
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    That is awesome. Welcome to the group!
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    I joined the group back in the beginning, but I took a bunch of time off and haven't logged. But I'm back at it and pretty excited to continue!
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Just saw this and have to join! To awesome not to! Going to start with Bag End to Rivendell!
  • Hello. I'm Lauren. Im going to Rivendell. Home is behind, the world ahead, & there are many paths to tread. See you there, elves!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Hi I'm Tammy, 48 years old...just found this group and had to join. I plan on starting with Bag End to Rivendell
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Hi All! I'm SaharaZara, 38 and I am planning on setting out from Bag End to Rivendell tomorrow. I just finished reading the books this past spring, and am so excited about this challenge. I will be biking the whole way. This looks like a great challenge to keep me on my bike and moving. Looking forward to it!
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Hail and well met all fellow travellers! I'm Katie, sometimes called Key, and I've been on the road to Imladris since the last board. I'm a little over 95 miles in, but wasn't able to walk due to some health problems.

Then I discovered a hobbit-ish pasttime that I could handle, and my FitBit will help me track my steps... I'm going to finish the leg to Rivendell by dancing! And we'll see how it goes from there.

a133m4.png
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Welcome! Dancing your way is a great idea! How are you going to track it? Are you doing a specific kind of dance? (Sorry for the questions - I'm a former professional dancer, and I cannot believe it never occurred to me to dance to Rivendell, LOL.)