Virginie's progress! Starting on May 12!

Options

Replies

• buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It is rough after dinner! LOL!! It was rainy and cold here today....so thankful I had the rec center to go to so I didn't lose momentum!
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It does feel good once you realize, you can do this. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
    But maybe just a light snack before you go. :sick:
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    2 pictures of me before running week 3 day 3...strong is the new everything!

IMG-20120601-00113.jpg

IMG-20120601-00116.jpg
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Started week 4 today! I did jog both 3 mins and 5 mins. Had to go a lilttle slower, but jogged it all and never gave up! That was really challenging! 3 mins on jogging felt short compare to the 5 min!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 this morning! Decided to jog slower from the beginning to be less exhausted during the last 5 mins. Great decision because while running that last 5 min, the 1 st time I looked at my watch, there was less then 1 min left. Plus I accidentally jogged an additional 10 sec. Very glad with what I accomplished this morning, specially knowing TOMs visit in less then 48h.
  • tigjer
    tigjer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Im going to start my W4 over this weekend...Its great to hear your experience!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Nice work! you're doing great and you also look great in your running outfit pictures!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Did week 4 day 3 this morning! Running for 3 mins not seems not long at all and my endurance really improved during the 5 mins periods. I can't wait to start this week 5... No idea what to think od that 20 min though...
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Started week 5 this morning! I can now jog for 5 mins in a row without beeing out of breath! I even jogged accidentally an additional 30 sec after the last 5 min. I really like to see and feel the endurance improvement. On w4d2 I thought I would really have to repeat week 4, but it looks like the program really works :) can't wait to see how a 8 min jog feels!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Yesterday morning was week 5 day 2! Jogged those 8 mins all the way and was less out of breath then my 1st all time 5 min in a row! Saturday is THE day, aka week 5 day 3... You all know what it means!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • tigjer
    tigjer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Youre gonna do GREAT! Make sure your playlist is awesome and crush it!!!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Yay!! Did week 5 day 3! Aka the 1st 20 min in a row! Pushed myself through it, kept the same jogging rhythm and was able to finish it, out of breath, but not dying!
  • nightnurse2
    nightnurse2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great work! I was so scared to do the 20 minute jog, I thought I would never be able to do it! And to my suprise, I did it quite comfortably!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Started week 6! Because the intervals were shorter, I noticed I was able to run faster, that's great! Also thinking of buying myself a gps watch that calculates the distance and the calorie burn. Bought myself some really short shorts, and we're them in public for the 1st time! I lost 30.5 lbs so far (only 15 to go) so anybody who judge me on my upper thighs fat giggling can go fart in the flowers as we say in Montreal!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Yay for doing week 5 d3...you guys are doing so well!! Keep it up!
  • nightnurse2
    nightnurse2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started week 4 today! I did jog both 3 mins and 5 mins. Had to go a lilttle slower, but jogged it all and never gave up! That was really challenging! 3 mins on jogging felt short compare to the 5 min!

You're doing great! It's amazing how you do improve and the 5 minutes will soon seem like a warm up when you start with 8 minutes jooging and so on - that's why this programme is so good! I did 25 minutes running non stop today (W7 D1) and I still cannot believe I'm running for that length of time! I remember other threads where people were where I am now and I didn't believe I would ever, ever, make it to there, but I have!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options

You're doing great! It's amazing how you do improve and the 5 minutes will soon seem like a warm up when you start with 8 minutes jooging and so on - that's why this programme is so good! I did 25 minutes running non stop today (W7 D1) and I still cannot believe I'm running for that length of time! I remember other threads where people were where I am now and I didn't believe I would ever, ever, make it to there, but I have!

Congrats to you! I'm in week 6 now and so far so good! Not always easy, but loving it!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Also thinking of buying myself a gps watch that calculates the distance and the calorie burn.

I like reading your progress, and I'm happy you're doing so well. I'm in Week 4 now. There are some free apps you can try while you're waiting on buying a gps watch. Some of them are endomondo.com (i use this), runkeeper.com, sports-tracker.com, etc.
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Also thinking of buying myself a gps watch that calculates the distance and the calorie burn.

I like reading your progress, and I'm happy you're doing so well. I'm in Week 4 now. There are some free apps you can try while you're waiting on buying a gps watch. Some of them are endomondo.com (i use this), runkeeper.com, sports-tracker.com, etc.

Thanks a lot for reading my progress and congrats on yours as well! I will take a look at those.