Replies

• MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I don't even go on the main forums.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    the people are just uneducated and don't understand the concept. when you think about it eat more to weigh less makes since. for someone like me before starting I was eating 1,000-100 calories way under and stayed at 209 pounds. coming here I calculated my calories and and began eating more and upping my work outs and now I am losing and am down to 186 pounds.

I was starving my body so my body was storing fat because it didnt think it was going to get a next meal. well now it realizes diffferently and now I am losing. feeling great:) I even told my sister about this and she heard about the concept. she was amazed on how well it worked.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i really wish i could remember the person who posted the link that got me here. i'd been on mfp for a while, but i had never wandered into the message boards. as soon as i did, i managed to find this group, and i am so happy i did. my ONE mfp friend at the time was a proponent of eating more as well and had been encouraging me to up my cals, so i was really ready to drink the koolaid here. thanks lucyhoneychurch and thanks to whoever posted the link in the random thread i was reading!!! i would love to return the favor on the main forums, but i'm barely finding time to be active here. maybe later...
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I've been sticking to our little group as well. I avoid the forums. I am finding much more support here and a lot less crying over calories, exercise and anything else you can think of. Besides this is the most food I have ate in 10 years, I couldn't be more thrilled. I love our group!
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and am surprised at the general statements being made regarding that members that are not part of this group. Everyone is here to lose weight and all of the bashing on here is not going to help anyone. We are all the same and in this together. Let's be nice and respectful of how others decide to lose weight.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and am surprised at the general statements being made regarding that members that are not part of this group. Everyone is here to lose weight and all of the bashing on here is not going to help anyone. We are all the same and in this together. Let's be nice and respectful of how others decide to lose weight.

What the others are saying is that there are MFP members who arent being nice and respectful to those who are choosing to do the EMTWL method of weight loss/health. Just like for folks such as myself and the patients I see in the various medical offices I work for, who follow a low-carbohydrate intake often are targets just like the EMTWL members.

So far, everyone on this thread has been nice....
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think those of us who are here are all "likeminded" and are basically following the same approach which we all basically believe in.
    Some of us here tweak things here and there, but for the most part, we all agree on Eating More.

KiKi and Lucia have made it clear that we are to be RESPECTFUL & SUPPORTIVE to each other and to my knowledge, seem like the type of gals who are not going to tolerate bashing, etc.

On the General Boards there is a mixture of all kinds of philosophies and theories thrown together. With that, comes the diverse expertise and personalities of the people who post there. Added to that is the usual mis-interpretations of a person's "written words" vs how those words would have actually sounded if they were spoken.
    Most new members of MFP go there to get started and if they're like me, it'll take over a YEAR of messing around over there to even consider branching out to a "group".

So I guess it's kind of a Melting Pot and it can be cranky and downright mean at times.

We have CHOSEN to be here, are content here, WANT to learn this new method, and are battle-weary from fighting with our weight for such a long time, We are HAPPY to be here, HAPPY for everyone else that's made it here, and last, but not least:

HAPPY TO BE EATING!!!!
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    what haters are ya'll talking about?

At least I'm not hater, i'm no longer a hater because I love to eat.

I'll lose fat and get leaner when I do the cut. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    KiKi and Lucia have made it clear that we are to be RESPECTFUL & SUPPORTIVE to each other and to my knowledge, seem like the type of gals who are not going to tolerate bashing, etc.

Absolutely. If we see things get out of control, we squash it ASAP. This is a place for support, & reprieve from what is typically seen in the forums. I've been on many forums in my day, and sadly the bashing concept is very mainstream. Just as we are veering from the norm with our eating approach, we desire strongly to be set apart from that type of conduct.

Lucia and myself have been personally bashed for doing so, behind the scenes, more than people realize. But we will not be moved on that. We strive to have a warm open atmosphere, where we actually help and encourage one another. We are grateful when new members find their way to us, by whatever means. But it does make it harder to talk about EM2WL in the other areas because of how tight knit we are.

Some just need more time than others, we plant the seed and move along, knowing full well some may not take root. The larger our community gets, the more hatred I expect. It just comes with the territory. :ohwell:

In the meantime, nuthin's gonna stop me from gettin my grub on, lol. I'll never go back!

LOVE.MY.FOOD :D
    ~Kiki