W2D1

Options
2»

Replies

• eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did W2d1 last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was going super slow running, but not too much huffing and puffing and I made it. I walked an extra mile after but my knees were aching at the end. Think the lunges and squats on the 30 day shred are to blame for that. It felt good being able to go that extra distance running though!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm behind you a bit (W1D3 this Sat), so it's nice to see what's coming. Yeah, there is no way I would do an afternoon until it cools off. I prefer mornings anyways as it sets a good pace for my day.

I feel you on the shin pain. Keep up the great work!!
  • greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    W1D3 today for me

I started W1D1 with ALOT of shin pain, but bought fantastic running sneakers and the pain was gone. It was well work the investment.

Today I had a lot of knee pain. I put 4 days between 1-2, but only 2 days between 2-3. I think I over did it.
    I pushed through the pain and completed anyway, and cried all the way to the showers (at the gym).
    My trainer got severely pissed at me for pushing myself too hard, and said that I need to be careful not to injure myself because it can set back my fitness goals.
    I was thinking more "no pain, no gain".
    LOL
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I had the same shin issues. It could have been just starting, but I bought new shoes and tried to concentrate on how I was running a bit more. No pain or soreness today, after wearing the new shoes last night.

No, no - if you are in pain you don't push. That will hurt you more. Something that could have been easily rested could end up being a harder fix. You are better off to slow down and walk.

So I did W2D1 last night and it wasn't too bad. I'm looking forward to longer runs but I'll do this one at least one more time. I'm surprised at how well I can do from my other workouts.
  • MarieAidan
    Options
    I've just finished WK1D3 and will be doing WK2D1 on Monday. The first time I went running I thought I was going to die! It was easier today, although sometimes I run too fast if there is a song I like on my iPod! Also, I need to make sure I stretch properly afterwards - thighs were sore after last run... but I'm getting there... slowly :-)
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W2 tomorrow and, believe it or not, I'm actually excited about it. W1D3 went a lot better than the first day, so here's hoping I'm actually improving. I think my biggest surprise is that I'm actually enjoying this. I was never, EVER a runner, but I'm finding having an achievable goal may be helping! Best of luck, everyone!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Excited about W2D1 tomorrow also. I have my new beats to listen to and my cloths laid out! Now, I can't say I'm enjoying it but I'm surprised I'm not hating it lol. To progress!!!
  • bradybugsmom
    Options
    Just finished W2D1 this morning, it was a success! I have already improved so much compared to how rough it was for me when I started. I have a long way to go but I like the way this program is paced... I definitely want to keep going!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Just finished W2D2! I can already tell the difference from day 1

HgH:drinker: