No Scale July

Options
zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
When I first started I tossed out the scale but for this past month I have been weighing daily. I liked seeing the fluctuations, is what I kept telling myself, but I was lying to myself. It started to effect me these last few days. So I just read in a post were someone is going to do the no scale for a month thing and thought I would join in. Making this the go to post for us to support each other.

I need to focus on what is important and not let my OCD take a hold of me. This time though I need my husband to hide it in a better place. LOL.

So my here I go, as of July 2nd, I know what I weigh, and my measurements. I will focus on hitting my macros and my TDEE -15%. Make this my focus on HEALTH month!!

Who is in this with me?

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i was going back and forth on wether or not i should keep up the monthly weighing in. i think i have decided one more moth of focusing solely on the WORK isn't a bad idea...

SO IM IN!

im upping the challenge by keeping the scale in my house this time and working on resistance LOL. baby steps.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Totally in!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yay two more so far!!!
    i was going back and forth on wether or not i should keep up the monthly weighing in. i think i have decided one more moth of focusing solely on the WORK isn't a bad idea...

SO IM IN!

im upping the challenge by keeping the scale in my house this time and working on resistance LOL. baby steps.

So wish I could resist it. Maybe next month.
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!

I'm totally discouraged by my constant weighing. I'm down a pant size and a top size, but the scale doesn't show it. I'm discouraged when I should be happy. When I see the scale not budging and it makes me go eat. :(
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    im in too, i haven't weighed in a week and plan not weighing in again until the end of july and the end of stage one of NROLFW
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ShanteA13
    ShanteA13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • CamyLoo
    CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in also. I was on a diet that consisted of weighing daily so you knew if a particular food made you gain or not. It drove me crazy but I find myself still weighing each morning. So as of today, no more weighing for a month.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I just stuffed mine in the closet!
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm ....in. I hope. I have a very strong "Weigh every time you go into or near the bathroom" habit that I really need to break. I just hope I have the willpower.

I've been really frustrated losing and gaining the same 6 pounds over and over for two months now. I've come very close several times to giving up and dropping back down to 1200 calories again, even though that's where I plateaud in the first place :huh: ! I have over the same two months lost inches off of everywhere and dropped my body fat % by 4 %, so I know that it IS working, but the lack of scale movement is irrationally frustrating and demoralizing.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just remember - scale weight means nothing! It's all about the inches and how you look in the mirror. :)
  • bsinno
    Options
    I'm ....in. I hope. I have a very strong "Weigh every time you go into or near the bathroom" habit that I really need to break. I just hope I have the willpower.

the only way i was able to manage this last month was to actually REMOVE the scale from my home! i gave it to my mom so it wasnt even an option. the one time i did weigh myself was at a friends house DURING A DINNER PARTY! i have no willpower, i saw that sucker and jumped right on!! now that mr. scale is back, i know he can't go back to his spot in the bathroom or else ill be too tempted. i have heard someone suggest putting it in the trunk of your car...although i must say that the thought of hurried women in PJ's with bedhead standing on scales in their driveways at 6 am has me ROTFL
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    ...although i must say that the thought of hurried women in PJ's with bedhead standing on scales in their driveways at 6 am has me ROTFL

LOL, this would totally be me! I think giving it to my mom might work. Not sure I'll be able to resist the temptation at work , though (I work in a hospital.)
  • bsinno
    Options
    holy smokes...its meant to be!!!

look what i stumbled on just now:

http://www.niashanks.com/2012/07/stop-weighing-on-the-scale-for-weight-loss/

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!! Woo hoo! (hate that scale)
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

the only way i was able to manage this last month was to actually REMOVE the scale from my home! i gave it to my mom so it wasnt even an option. the one time i did weigh myself was at a friends house DURING A DINNER PARTY! i have no willpower, i saw that sucker and jumped right on!! now that mr. scale is back, i know he can't go back to his spot in the bathroom or else ill be too tempted. i have heard someone suggest putting it in the trunk of your car...although i must say that the thought of hurried women in PJ's with bedhead standing on scales in their driveways at 6 am has me ROTFL

Lol!! :)
  • aotto87
    aotto87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • sunshine29225
    sunshine29225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hiding my scale when I get home :drinker:
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!..i know its not going to be easy..i usually weigh myself everyday!!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    Okay, I weighed myself yesterday because I had returned from vacation and was curious. I would say the scale doesn't have a hold on me, but I guess we'll find out. No more weighing until August 1st! :)