Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello Houstonians!

Reporting in from the Northeast side of town -- way, way northeast! I have never been skinny ... so my goal is to get fit. I have roughly 20 pounds to lose to be where I was when I got married. My overall goal is to lose about 40 - 50 pounds. Happy tracking and hope everyone has a great day!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all!

My name is Kat and I live and work in the Woodlake area. I've been on MPF for about two weeks now and have about 35 pounds lo lose. I got lazy and stopped working out a couple of years ago (you know how life gets in the way sometimes). I'm getting back into it and just joined a gym this weekend. Good luck to everyone and nice to meet you!
  • bodesandmizzle
    bodesandmizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello group, I am Mayra and I live in the Katy area. I hope to lose 100 pounds and so far I have lost 33 pounds. I have been on MFP since January 2012 and it has been a great tool in my weight loss. Wish everyone the best of luck!!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    cool! had no idea there was a houston group!

my name is TJ, i live and work in the woodlands and then on the weekends im a night club dj.

i've lost a total of 60lbs but im up about 18lbs.. (wouldnt say its 18lbs of fat though!)

Nice to see that there are quite a bit of houston members here!
  • pblanks09
    pblanks09 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I live in the Missouri City/Sugar Land area and I'm always looking for workout buddies and new friends. I just joined MFP and it looks like everyone is really benefiting from the site. Feel free to add me as a friend or send me a message.
  • brendeebrew
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just started MFP about two weeks ago. I am in the Cypress area. I am 31. My husband and I work together as a real estate team in Northwest Harris County. I started using MFP because I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to lose all this baby weight. Our daughter is 7 months old now and it is time to get this weight off. I am glad to see so many Houstonians using the site. What a great group. Excited to hear from you all and motivate each other to keep losing.
  • LaurenRosePR
    LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Lauren. I just rejoined the site after 8 months and don't have as much weight to lose as just want to stay in shape and be healthy.

I want to do more activity around Houston! It's nice to see a group for us! =)

Let's connect!
  • UUZennie
    UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello new folks!!

Welcome and I hope the Houstonians group can give you support and benefit along the way.

Feel free to add me!

If anyone wants to be a moderator send me a message. I mostly log-in via Android app and so I don't see the groups very much.
  • celtic_bear
    Options
    Hey Y'all,

Joined MFP just today, came over from WWOnline. (Why pay for it if it is free?) March of last year I started hitting the gym again, and the first of this year I started focussing on portions and what I am eating. I am down to 355 from my start weight of 389, I've lost 45 points off my cholesterol which is now a respectable 138, and my BP last Friday morning was 124 over 80.

I'm an insomniac (not apnea, had it all my life) and my biggest struggle is not binging at like 1am.

Anyone else struggle with late night munchies?

Later,

Craig
  • jorben1990
    jorben1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @UUZennie If that is really you in the avatar, i dig the stash bro!

Alright guys I am Jorge, 21 and new to the message boards but not MFP! Add me guys i would really love to have some people close to me as friends! Hope to hear from you all!
  • omegamaster4040
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Jon, moved down here from Colorado to the Houston westchase area about 5 years ago and started putting on some texas weight. Last year the result of a big push to finish my masters at UH while working left my body about 20lbs heavier than my previously highest weight.

I joined MFP about a month after the MS150(~170 mile bike ride) to help continue what the bike training had started.....getting back in shape! I would really like to start doing tri's and eventually work my way up to an iron man (which coming from a guy who cant run 1/4 of a mile sounds very scary.......but good scary!)

I dont mean to impress all of you with my mad althetic skills, but i was part of kickball team that won the losers bracket (YMCA bracket as we called it) so I am probably on the surge of becoming a household name next to Foster.

Looking foward to having fun and getting not only back in shape, but in the better shape than i have ever been!

Feel free to add me as I have become obsesses with this site/app and seem to always be on! :-)
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the new Houstonians!
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

So, my fiancee (originally from Houston/Pearland) and I recently moved here (to the Spring/Woodlands area) from Springfield, Missouri. We're getting married next year.

I enjoy golf, cigars (one habit I won't give up), grilling, football, etc. We're new to the area and this is my third stab at MFP. My most recent venture ended when we moved here and I've pigged out on the local treats I couldn't get where I lived before... I've put on about 28 pounds in that time and decided it's finally time to start coming back off, particularly since I have a wedding to look good for!

Anyhow, looking forward to keeping up with other goal oriented people in the area. Please feel free to send an add request as having support and supporting others has been instrumental in my past successes.
  • jackielisa
    Options
    Hello!! I'm Jacky... just trying to meet some people that want to stay in shape.. does any of you go work out together to the gym, the park or something like that???
  • cwb2478
    cwb2478 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in the burbs of houston.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    HI, My name is Hank. I'm a 5th generation Texan but only in the Houston area the past 8 years. I live with my partner in El Lago, which is between JSC and the Kemah Boardwalk. Started this latest effort at New Years, and came to MFP about 2 weeks ago, and I really love it. I have a pretty active blog life, post lots of recipes, etc., if you're interested. Feel free to add me.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Lisa I have a 8 months baby I'm trying to lose 10-15lbs
    I'm doing 30ds and it seems to be helping I want to start running 4 days a week and if you would like to meet up please add me as friend. I live in Spring branch area...
  • DrewLundgren
    DrewLundgren Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Houstonians. I'm Drew, living in Pearland. I'm looking for and hoping to provide support to others who are on a weight loss journey. I'm glad to be here - MFP is amazing. I'm looking to lose about 75 pounds so I think I'll be here for a while. Feel free to send a friend request if you want some encouragement from time to time.
  • adokes
    adokes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am looking for someone to go to the gym with and workout. We can push each other and motivate each other. Just having someone to go with can make you feel better about going and make you want to go to the gym. I need to lose about 100 pounds total and would love to have someone to do this with.

I live in the Bellaire/Meyerland area and work in the Sugar Land area. So I am looking for someone to go to the 24 hour fitness in either of those areas.
    My preferred workout schedule is:
    Bellaire/Meyerland location between the hours of 5:00am-5:45 am or anytime after 6:30pm - Monday-Sunday
    Sugar Land location anytime after 6:15pm - Mondays-Fridays

I can go to any of the 24 hour fitness locations so if you are near to the Richmond or Rice Village locations I might be able to go to those.

Please message me if you are interested.
    Thanks,
    Amanda
  • RebeccaRivastx
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 25 and a mommy of 2 amazing kiddos. I live in the Katy area and go to school at UH. I really have been on my weight loss journey for a while now and seeing my weight increase slowly I got really serious about it recently. Add me and we can support each other. :happy: