Chubby Girls

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the guy. I've found that guys chasing one thing tend to go for the girls that "take less effort" and that would include the "pudgier" girls who they'll hope will give it up with less effort.

This is something I worry about sooo much. I don't know if a guy is genuinely showing interest or he hopes that I am insecure because of my weight to get some. Carl's words help me with this, but I know there are probably a few creeps out there who will have sex with anything.

I was really into this guy who would talk to me and dance with me at the bar, and he even told me he wanted us to have sex. He would talk to me in class if we were together, it wasn't like he avoided me, but he never made a move either. So it's one of those things that makes me wonder if he wanted me for me, or if he wanted me for a good time and that's it.

But I would like to believe that most people have good intentions.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the guy. I've found that guys chasing one thing tend to go for the girls that "take less effort" and that would include the "pudgier" girls who they'll hope will give it up with less effort.

This is something I worry about sooo much. I don't know if a guy is genuinely showing interest or he hopes that I am insecure because of my weight to get some. Carl's words help me with this, but I know there are probably a few creeps out there who will have sex with anything.

I was really into this guy who would talk to me and dance with me at the bar, and he even told me he wanted us to have sex. He would talk to me in class if we were together, it wasn't like he avoided me, but he never made a move either. So it's one of those things that makes me wonder if he wanted me for me, or if he wanted me for a good time and that's it.

But I would like to believe that most people have good intentions.

I don't think that this is true of guys.

I also believe that it has nothing to do with weight. Women who are insecure are just naturally 'easier targets' . I do believe that size plays a role, but that confidence is the majority of it.

Like Moyzilla said, it doesn't matter what size you are... You are worthy. It shouldn't matter what a guy thinks about you or whether or not your body type is good enough for him. I know how hard it is to get out of that mindset, but seeking approval outside of yourself isn't the way to go. If YOU feel sexy/attractive then you are. It doesn't matter if you don't fit into someone else's category of "attractiveness".
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i think it matters to those ppl who are shallow. so basically it wont matter to the right person. my ex was super fit and had a good body and well lets just say while we were dating i was at my highest weight (almost 200lbs) and he always told me how beautiful and sexy i was. So i was never self conscious. I'm actually more worried about my weight not (30lbs lighter) becuz when you meet new ppl u never know how biased they r or what their taste in women are.
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I saw a "chubby" girl tonight at the store and she looked amazing. Her smile was radiant and although she was wearing a simple dress with sandles, I thought she was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had said something. I love a woman with a few extra pounds but I would want her to be active. She doesn't have to lose weight unless she wanted to but I wanna be able to do active things with her like jogging or hiking or swimming. Chubby girls seem to have great personalities and I've been with big girls ever since I started dating over 20 years ago. I appreciate them more as I've gotten older.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a little extra padding at all. As long as the girl in mention is rocking it and has a personality she will attract the attention of the opposite sex!

I love curves!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When I dated in my 20's, it was VERY hard to date. The only men who were interested were men who were very obese. Now, in my 40's (and single again) it's a whole different situation. No offense to you younger guys out there....but I've found that as men get older they've learned to appreciate other qualities in a woman more than her looks/size. I have absolutely no lack of men who are interested. And it's taking me a bit of time to get used to it, especially since many of the men are in pretty good shape. I've got about 40lbs to loose.

When you're younger, I do think it's more difficult BUT I think the key factor is confidence. If you are happy with yourself and are bright, happy, confident....than that will show and will be attractive to men. (-:
  • cballiet
    cballiet Posts: 11
    Options
    Chubby girls can be hot just like skinny girls, muscular girls, or whatever other kinda girls...
    It's how you use it imo.
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    More cushion for tha pushin :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If they are working towards the best "them" then I don't see it as a problem... but if they are working the other way, it's a turn off.

This is reasonable. I wouldn't want to be with a guy who was eating his way into a housebound state and an early death, either.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think this depends on what you mean by "chubbier" and what age the woman is. If by chubbier you mean 15-30 lbs more than the the charts say a woman should weigh for her height, I usually think they look pretty good. (sometimes even more weight than that if they are athletic and/or taller than average). If you really mean morbidly obese to the point where her boobs are the fat roll on top of the other fat roll then no that is not attractive. Age also plays a factor because people tend to get heavier as they get older. A 24-year old who is on the borderline of being curvy and just plain fat is less attractive than a 35 or 40-year old on the same border. My reasoning for this is that, while both may become more active and healthier, it is more likely that the 24-year old is going to become more sedentary and eat poorer as she gets acclimated to being on her own, sitting behind a desk all day, etc.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    OK - just quick clarification. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this -- are you saying guys are only attracted to heavier women because they think they're easy? and if they're looking for a more relationship-oriented girl they go for the slim but average looking because pretty girls don't treat them well? I've probably misunderstood what you meant.
    I'm actually wondering the same thing. I've seen JJ post this opinion before, and I'm never really sure what it means -- I always took it to mean that guys only try to sleep with chubby girls because they think they're easy, but that could just be my head telling me this is yet another reason why I am single :embarassed:

Hi. There's two parts to this:

1. My opinion about guys who go after chubby girls because they think (hope) they're easier comes from the guys I work with. I've had a few people in this forum say that must be particular to the military demographic I work with, and I've seen a few guys on this forum who say that rule doesn't apply to them... but... I've noticed that most guys don't touch the comment. Since people are generally quick to say I'm wrong about this and that... I take their silence to mean that (while it may not be true for them, personally) it's generally true for men who are looking for women online, in bars, or any other "popular dating method."

2. The comment about guys looking for average girls to settle down with is absolutely anecdotal and stems from a couple of conversations I had with some guys last week about why I get hit on way less since my promotion, but seem to get a LOT of male attention online. Their perspective was that in person I am too intimidating- too pretty (huh?) and have my act too much together. I'm either gonna use them and then throw them away (like the pretty girls do) or have way too high standards they can never live up to (like they say strong independent women do). But apparently online, I look like a beautiful, fun, and sweet normal girl. I'm hoping that's a compliment, lol.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I find they are alot nicer and down to earth. Way too many hot skinny girls are difficult to get along with and hard to please.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I find they are alot nicer and down to earth. Way too many hot skinny girls are difficult to get along with and hard to please.

This as well...

One of my jaded uncles once said to me

"No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her sh%t".

Not sure if that really applies to this here, but I just wanted to share it. He cracks me up!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just a quick THANK YOU to all the great guys on this site that responded positively to this post. You all made my day!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just a quick THANK YOU to all the great guys on this site that responded positively to this post. You all made my day!

For sure... I'm hoping to someday soon qualify as JUST a chubby girl so this sounds good to me... 25 more lbs to go to just being overweight, haha...who would have guessed there would be such an incentive :bigsmile:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

This as well...

One of my jaded uncles once said to me

"No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her sh%t".

Not sure if that really applies to this here, but I just wanted to share it. He cracks me up!

I like that. Im so going to remember that saying.
  • shammxo
    Options

What?! I feel like this is a really rude, narrow-minded statement. Chances are that it has nothing to do with appearance/size. If someone is rude, they are RUDE, regardless of how much they weigh. Generalizing it by saying that way too many "hot skinny" girls are difficult to get along with and hard to please is just ignorant. It's just as bad as what I've been reading on here lately about how "heavier girls" are "easier targets".
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

What?! I feel like this is a really rude, narrow-minded statement. Chances are that it has nothing to do with appearance/size. If someone is rude, they are RUDE, regardless of how much they weigh. Generalizing it by saying that way too many "hot skinny" girls are difficult to get along with and hard to please is just ignorant. It's just as bad as what I've been reading on here lately about how "heavier girls" are "easier targets".

I'm sorry you find it rude but it's been my experience too. You won't find that many high maintenance girls who are over weight. It makes sense if you think about it. The hot skinny thing is glamorized in all the magazines and guys are attracted to them en masse. They can be that way because guys will put up with it. The average looking girl is just that - average looking. If she is just as snooty and uppity guys won't put up with it because she is one of many.
  • shammxo
    Options

I'm sorry you find it rude but it's been my experience too. You won't find that many high maintenance girls who are over weight. It makes sense if you think about it. The hot skinny thing is glamorized in all the magazines and guys are attracted to them en masse. They can be that way because guys will put up with it. The average looking girl is just that - average looking. If she is just as snooty and uppity guys won't put up with it because she is one of many.

It's unfair either way. 1. Because there is now this assumption that thinner girls are going to be high maintenance. 2. The women that ARE this way are getting away with treating other people the way that they do.

I guess it's just the world that we live in, but making assumptions about people in general is ridiculous.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

It's unfair either way. 1. Because there is now this assumption that thinner girls are going to be high maintenance. 2. The women that ARE this way are getting away with treating other people the way that they do.

I guess it's just the world that we live in, but making assumptions about people in general is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree. There are a LOT of generalisations on this forum. I guess people just have to go by experience and statistics and come out with an average.

I wouldnt take it personally. Anyone can be a diva, look at Oprah! And her weight is hardly stable! :flowerforyou:

Neither is mine, come to think of it.... :bigsmile: