Replies

• IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Oh there you are!! Awesome job.. and thx for the motivation :laugh:
  • Jnh16
    Jnh16 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did my 3rd day today, shoulders and arms. I only could do 35 min cause I had to pick up my son. I was so scared to start this program but so far I really like it. I just got a full time job so I'm trying to figure out when I will make time to keep doing this!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I did my 3rd day today, shoulders and arms. I only could do 35 min cause I had to pick up my son. I was so scared to start this program but so far I really like it. I just got a full time job so I'm trying to figure out when I will make time to keep doing this!

I was scared too and I really don't know why! LOL

The workouts are longer than I'm used to and that's fine for now, but when I go back to work (in Sept.-teacher), might have to get up even earlier to do them. (Like 4:15 AM--AHHHHH!!!) I do not want to work out when I get home from school, eithe.! I am BEAT! lol I don't even know how my husband comes home from his job (usually 10 hr shifts) and does his! Some days we do our workouts together and it's fun-- when we don't kick each other during Kenpo LOL :laugh:

Good luck and just keeping bringing it the best you can!! :smile:
  • klf120
    klf120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First day of week 2--- Chest and Back/ Ab Ripper X

When will Ab Ripper get easier? I can hardly do 1 standard sit up!:wink:
  • chm2616
    Options
    First day of week 2--- Chest and Back/ Ab Ripper X

When will Ab Ripper get easier? I can hardly do 1 standard sit up!:wink:

LOL I don't know 'cause I've been doing it for 3 weeks and still have issues with my legs and the in/outs, bicycles, crunchy frog!! ahhhh! :smile:
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options

The workouts are longer than I'm used to and that's fine for now, but when I go back to work (in Sept.-teacher), might have to get up even earlier to do them. (Like 4:15 AM--AHHHHH!!!) I do not want to work out when I get home from school, eithe.! I am BEAT! lol I don't even know how my husband comes home from his job (usually 10 hr shifts) and does his! Some days we do our workouts together and it's fun-- when we don't kick each other during Kenpo LOL :laugh:

I teach, too! it personally works better for me to do it when I get home from work after 4. I'll take my breaks by getting things ready for dinner, or batch cook on the weekends to make it easier. Dh doesn't usually get home til after 5:30/6pm, so that works for me. I've done the early wake up thing. for a few weeks, and I was such a witch at home and school-I just couldn't do it! But I do prefer working out in the morning, and do so on weekends and holidays. I find that doing it after school actually gets my energy levels back up and gets me through the rest of the night until bedtime.

Did CardioX with my mom today. I don't usally so that one, so it was a nice change of pace-i forgot how short it was, and also that is has kenpo and core and plyo mixed into it. a good sweat on!
  • chm2616
    Options

I teach, too! it personally works better for me to do it when I get home from work after 4. I'll take my breaks by getting things ready for dinner, or batch cook on the weekends to make it easier. Dh doesn't usually get home til after 5:30/6pm, so that works for me. I've done the early wake up thing. for a few weeks, and I was such a witch at home and school-I just couldn't do it! But I do prefer working out in the morning, and do so on weekends and holidays. I find that doing it after school actually gets my energy levels back up and gets me through the rest of the night until bedtime.

Did CardioX with my mom today. I don't usally so that one, so it was a nice change of pace-i forgot how short it was, and also that is has kenpo and core and plyo mixed into it. a good sweat on!

I started working out in April doing the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and was getting up at 4:30 to do so. I wanted time to do the workout, shower, have breakfast, etc and be reading for my car pool by 6:45. I had A LOT more energy and I really feel like it helped me to get through those last tough months at school! Of course, by 8pm I was sleeeeepy LOL but went to bed around 8:30ish every night. I'm thankful for the Summer and being able to have a normal work out time!

I like the cardio-- I was confused with the yoga in the beginning, but did NOT complain LOL I can deal with the little bit of plyo in it and just modify what I need to.

What do you teach? I will be teaching 8th Gr. Spanish & French this coming year. Taught 7th Gr. for 10 years, but my position got cut and I'm moving up a grade. Greatful to have a job! I will have the same students again and that should be fun! (lucky for the most part with that crew! nice group of kids!)
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ok so i am not doing well with eating but the rest of the program is perfect! Week 2 Day 2 done and i feel great. i am a bit sore and think i got dehydrated looking at th puddle of sweat i left behind after plyo. oh yeah i am new here so any help, suggestions or adds would be appreciated! looks like you all are already rockin it out;)
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Made it through Plyo (didn't quit in the middle like last week)! I'm definitely sore. Arms tomorrow is going to be rough, BUT I'm looking forward to it!
  • madyncaden
    Options
    I got through plyo and loved it in the midst........but this morning I am crippled and barely able to get outta bed!!! But moving on to todays exercise.....later!!!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    I got through plyo and loved it in the midst........but this morning I am crippled and barely able to get outta bed!!! But moving on to todays exercise.....later!!!

Awesome! glad to hear you are getting it done, don't forget to stretch, also if i feel like i'm hurting too much I ice the area and that usually helps.

You can check a few other topics for a few tips to help make the journey a little easier.

When you said you aren't doing well with eating, what is it that you are having trouble with?
  • _SASX_
    Options
    CHM2616- you are a braver woman than me, getting up so early.:flowerforyou: I teach a combined grade 1/2 this past year and am moving up with my class [le sigh] into a 2/3 for the next year. I hear a few kids might be moving, so that will change the dynamics of the class, hopefully for the better. I was so drained when I came home at least 3 days out of 5, that I just wanted to curl up on the couch, but looking at my calendar with my workouts scheduled kept me going. I had to complete it, every day, or it would drive me crazy.

Mandycaden-just keep drinking and know that you don't have to compete with the people on the dvd for time. do what you can in the time you have. It's your form that is most important. so keep going! and for today....water water water and stretch a lot after your workout. you might even consider doing the XStretch, or rolling out your muscles a bit, with a tennis ball or foal roller, heck, even a rolling pin will work. google myofascial muscle release or self-myofascial release. you can see some youtube showing different muscle groups that get too tight. But for DOMS pain, water and movement help the best.

Today was cardio for me: and since I did cardioX yesterday, I did RushFit's Fight workout! lots of punching and kicking and now it's time to do some yard clean up and walk the dog.
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3: Shoulders and Arms + Ab Ripper X Done!! Still need to teach a kickboxing class this evening.. Burning up the calories and feeling good!
  • madyncaden
    Options

Awesome! glad to hear you are getting it done, don't forget to stretch, also if i feel like i'm hurting too much I ice the area and that usually helps.

You can check a few other topics for a few tips to help make the journey a little easier.

When you said you aren't doing well with eating, what is it that you are having trouble with?

my trouble with eating is once i start i cant stop............... :( its a mind and craving thing that i MUST tackle!!!
  • madyncaden
    Options
    CHM2616- you are a braver woman than me, getting up so early.:flowerforyou: I teach a combined grade 1/2 this past year and am moving up with my class [le sigh] into a 2/3 for the next year. I hear a few kids might be moving, so that will change the dynamics of the class, hopefully for the better. I was so drained when I came home at least 3 days out of 5, that I just wanted to curl up on the couch, but looking at my calendar with my workouts scheduled kept me going. I had to complete it, every day, or it would drive me crazy.

Mandycaden-just keep drinking and know that you don't have to compete with the people on the dvd for time. do what you can in the time you have. It's your form that is most important. so keep going! and for today....water water water and stretch a lot after your workout. you might even consider doing the XStretch, or rolling out your muscles a bit, with a tennis ball or foal roller, heck, even a rolling pin will work. google myofascial muscle release or self-myofascial release. you can see some youtube showing different muscle groups that get too tight. But for DOMS pain, water and movement help the best.

Today was cardio for me: and since I did cardioX yesterday, I did RushFit's Fight workout! lots of punching and kicking and now it's time to do some yard clean up and walk the dog.

Thanks I will look into it!!! I love this group! So much support and only 2 days :)
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Today's P90X workout has been completed! Mid way through the week yay! 3 days untill rest day, can't wait!!
  • madyncaden
    Options
    week 2 day 3...............great work out! just tired!! did lots today in general and sorness from plyo still there but getting better :) shoulders and arms was not too bad BUT ab ripper was not pretty. glad no one but the hubbs was here to see it. I do not think i did a quarter of the move that they did on each. but i did what i could, did almost 25 reps of them all and i completed it to my ability. i feel awesome right now!!!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Was really not motivated today, but I made it through. Still have to do ARX when I get home from work.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    my trouble with eating is once i start i cant stop............... :( its a mind and craving thing that i MUST tackle!!!
    [/quote]

Just put the amount you want on the plate no 2nds. Somethimes I log what i'm about to eat before I eat it to see if it's too much or not. That way I can eliminate or add.
  • _SASX_
    Options
    Chest Shoulders Triceps and ARX today. used some 15lb dumbbells on some of the moves...now my arms are shakey:smile:

later: cardio