From Pulldown to Pull-Ups/Chins?

Options
2»

Replies

• getsixpack
    getsixpack Posts: 49
    Options
    Prob but my back.is pretty well developed and my lats are huge I'll.get pics up after I'm done with my cut. I went to another gym yest and did some wide grip pulldowns but I still think dumbbell rows > lat pulldowns/pull ups

I don't do pullups at all cuz I heard they make ur back look smaller.

Bro science at it's finest.
  • Shfiftyfive
    Shfiftyfive Posts: 261
    Options
    Prob but my back.is pretty well developed and my lats are huge I'll.get pics up after I'm done with my cut. I went to another gym yest and did some wide grip pulldowns but I still think dumbbell rows > lat pulldowns/pull ups

Yes, because your anecdotal evidence is clearly more superior than others' anecdotal evidence.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Yes, because your anecdotal evidence is clearly more superior than others' anecdotal evidence.
    Rows are a great back exercise, but nothing works your traps like weighted chins. Why not do both?

To OP: The advice on using a chair and/or doing negative reps is great. If your gym has a weight-assist machine, that can probably give you more assistance than the bands. Jumping chin-ups or negatives are just fine though, and will get you moving in the right direction! Just keep at it! It took me almost a year to be able to do body-weight chins when I started getting in shape, and I was pretty light (skinny-fat)... after a couple of years, I can now chin body-weight+75 pounds for reps! Just keep pushing and before you know it you'll be looking back and feeling AWESOME about how far you have come!