Insanity challenge starting June 11, 2012???? Anyone! :)

Options
124»

Replies

• jeffsalyer
    jeffsalyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am finding it more and more difficult to get motivated to do the workouts. Anyone else feeling the same? I am forcing myself to get started, once I start I am fine and feel good after completing. I am happy that week 3 will be over tomorrow.

I get really cranky if I don't workout. It is difficult to get motivated some days but you just have to force yourself. I want results and think about it every time I look in the mirror. MFP helps me too because I know I need to eat the right things before and after I workout. I'm starting to see results in fit of clothes, energy, and physically so I'm pretty pumped about completing it. I also have some friends doing it that are 2 weeks ahead of me and we speak almost daily - that helps a lot!
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree Jeff, I feel guilty the entire day so it is better to go through the workout and feel guilty or anxiety about it. I watch the infomercial a lot to keep motivated. A challenge for me is that the push-ups at Shaun T's pace are sdifficult and my colleague who is about 3 weeks ahead mentioned that month 2 has a lot more push-ups.

Even with all that, we all have to encourage/push/nudge each other to push forward. Shaun T says in one of the workouts - "Being a fitness professional, I dont know why I do some of the things I do" and someone replies, "Cause I wanna look good". Though it makes me laugh every time I hear Shaun T say it, I think it is pretty true.
  • jeffsalyer
    Options
    Are you all still going strong?
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    Finished week four, yay! :D
  • bluejones
    bluejones Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm repeating weeks 3 and 4 (of month 1), because I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I want my recovery week to be during that time... so, I'll be a few weeks behind everyone starting this week, but I had to figure out a way to not ruin my workout routine, but also enjoy my vacation!!! I think this will work! :happy:
  • SharYoung0831
    Options
    Starting day 2!
    Did my fit test yesterday, and while pathetic, I know I can do this!!

Switch Kicks 34
    Power Jacks 23
    Power Knees 56
    Power jumps 20
    Globe Jumps 4
    Suicide Jumps 6
    Push up Jacks 8
    Low Plank Oblique 20
  • ofey31
    ofey31 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm starting to lose some motivation with the workouts. If I don't do them first thing in the morning then I usually won't get them done. I'm about 7 days behind now. I want to run more and go to the gym more. Do you recommend I start over??? Or just pick back up with tomorrow's workout? Thanks!
  • momar74
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way but pushing myself to get it done first thing in the morning. The recovery week is not too bad.

Ofey - If you think you have built up enough of a baseline, then you should just pick back up with tomorrow's workout. I have heard that month 2 is pretty rough, so avoiding injury would be the primary concern. Good luck.
  • ofey31
    ofey31 Posts: 15
    Options
    Who's still going strong that started on June 11th?

I think I'm just going to pick back up from today's workout and repeat weeks 3 & 4. I CAN DO THIS!!! SO CAN YOU!!! :)
  • jeffsalyer
    Options
    Who's still going strong that started on June 11th?

I think I'm just going to pick back up from today's workout and repeat weeks 3 & 4. I CAN DO THIS!!! SO CAN YOU!!! :)

I'm doing well. I'm actually repeating week 4 before going into recovery week because next week is a vacation with a lot of travel. I'm going to bring the recovery DVD and do it, but didn't want to jump into the Max stuff while on he road.

I don't like rest days because its hard for me to get going following it, but we can do it.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    How did you guys do on the Max workout? I'm taking the fit test in a bit and then doing the other work out later. I'm scared. -_-
  • momar74
    Options
    Both workouts kicked my butt, probably the toughest workouts i have ever gone through. I am waiting to do the fit test.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    Where did everybody go?

Just starting week two. Max cardio is a butt kicker, but I find I rather like it! Same with plyo and interval training. Whoddathunkit? ;-)