CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    10% cut.. I was 154 when I started. I'm about 163lbs. I haven't check my weight a bit more than a week due to being out of town for funeral. Ate out everyday. So now I think I'm about 163lbs.. I started teh cut last Thursday, but went to chinese buffet on friday.. wrong choice, but now I'm back on this and been 3rd day at cut. I'm just feeling bumemd out due to my pants being tight.. I hate it. 15% seems like a great solution, but sometimes not because my body needs food to fuel the energy.

I want to be 140 in the past, but now I think I'll be ok with whatever my body wants at least I am fitting into pants/shirts as I want to fit into them. I'm wearing size 6 and small/med shirts.. but now size 6 is kinda tight...some fits ok.. sucks :(

If you feel better at 10% then that should be fine...When you are ready go to the 15% if you want to...One thing I am wondering as well is have you recalculated your numbers since going from 154 to 163 b/c you are supposed to redo your numbers for every 5lbs...So you would want to recalculate your numbers with the 163lbs weight (current weight at the time) to make sure that your figures are right...It may not be too much of a difference but it all adds up...So run your numbers again with your current weight and make sure to run them again for every 5lbs which is what is recommended...I hope this helps you some as well!!

ETA: I just read where you put that you were at 20% cut for 3wks and you are now at 10% cut....20% is when you have quite a bit to lose to reach goal...10% is if you don't have as much to lose or if you are coming from reset and 15% cut is too little for you at that time....15% is the recommended cut to be at for most people and I am not sure how long you have been at the 10% cut but you went from 20% to 10% which is a pretty big jump and you really need to give it more than 3wks at a time to let your body adjust to whatever cut you decide to do...So personally I would just go to 15% for at least 6-8wks and see how that goes and you can tweak it from there...I know why you started at the 20% but instead of jumping to 10% give the 15% a chance first...But the decision is yours to make though...Either way you decide to go just stick with it and remember to be CONSISTENT and have PATIENCE with this process...You CAN do this!! :)

Who ETA is for? I haven't done 20% :( I've been doing reset. no I did not re-set my numbers becaue i felt it was all water retention. I just don't want to increase numbers. lOL.... Well do I really have to?

missdimpley: (So I don't confuse anyone else..lol)

Oops...So sorry about the ETA...I was looking at something someone else was answering for someone and thought it was from you...lol Okay, lets take out that ETA part b/c that is too confusing now...My fault...Sorry again...My opinion is you should recalculate your numbers with the 163lbs and 10% cut if that is what you are more comfortable with right now until (like I said above) you aren't as hungry and can handle the 15% cut....Whichever you do, just stick with it for at least 6-8wks and of course recalculate once you get back down the 5lbs (You WILL get there) and after 8wks or so then you should go back to TDEE for 2wks and then back to cut again (15% is recommended but if you are comfortable with 10% still at that time - Go for it)...Sorry about the confusion up there in the other post...Next time I need to stick with what OUR conversation is...lol But, I hope this helps you a little bit...I know it is scary to up your numbers some but it won't be by much at all...Just go for it and remember Patience and Consistency - I tell EVERYONE that b/c that is the key!!! You CAN do this!!! Let us know your updates and progress with it!! :)
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am new to this. Currently doing NROL4W. I am currently half way through Stage 3. Going to take a week vacation break after before starting Stage 4. During a "cut" should you omit exercise, increase cardio? Confused on this part of it. Thank you.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Just popping in to say hi, and let you all know that I've been keeping my eyes on these threads (and trying my best not to bombard them with rambles, lol)

Just a few notes/suggestions for everyone:

1) YES, track your starting weight.

2) YES, track your measurements.

3) YES,YES,YES, take PICS!!! <<<<<this is THE most important YES. lol. I've found to be true for clients as well as myself that the pics will tell the story long before the other 2 will. Some people don't measure themselves in the same spot every time, so even the tape may not be as accurate. You need to SEE the progress, and if you're brave enough, SHOW others. They will be able to truthfully tell you if you need to "tweak" because something is not working, or "stay" because it is.

Many of you have seen, but for those who have NOT, here are pics from 8 weeks into my last cut when I was feeling like I was making NO progress. I was only eating at about a 7% deficit (too hungry to go any further :blushing: ), but the scale was laughing at me, and so was the tape. So I broke out the trusty old cam and started snapping to get a more complete picture of what was going on, so that I knew what to tweak, if necessary.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/31prvrbs/view/8-weeks-cut-progress-pics-258821

I find that clients who take pics are probably 3xs more likely to stick it out and see results, than those who don't. Take the pics in the same clothes, in the same location, and under the same circumstances every 4 weeks or so for best results (NOT the day after lifting, NOT after a weekend of sodium/carb mania, etc)

4) YES. Breathe, and continue to enjoy your journey. You've just started your cut, you still have a long, and ultimately fulfilling, journey ahead of you. This is STILL not the biggest loser. This is STILL the slower road. For those that are able, re-watch the "Fat Rambles pt 1 &2", and the "Losing weight slowly" vids for reminders and reassurance on WHY you are doing what you are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtQ9Ey8_2M&amp;list=UUf8RfR03b9IrzNZWkp2HnfA&amp;index=11&amp;feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj_95HyC6bY&amp;list=UUf8RfR03b9IrzNZWkp2HnfA&amp;index=10&amp;feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvJDMi7KTk&amp;list=UUf8RfR03b9IrzNZWkp2HnfA&amp;index=8&amp;feature=plpp_video

5) YES, Continue to lean on one another and remind each other of YES 1-4 :flowerforyou:

6) YES, the new forum is live and active :bigsmile:, so feel free to post your questions over there (there's even a section for each person to have their own personal journal - I've already started mine!), so that you can better keep track of everything, without us needing 1235658 stickies here :laugh:

Forums.eatmore2weighless.com :wink:

Best wishes on your journey! :drinker:

Kiki

Your pics are AWESOME! Thank you for posting the link. And YES - everyone - come to the EM2WL forums! Also, your rambling is welcome anytime Kiki. You always have such great wisdom to share!

Who else has taken pics? I took some shortly after starting my journey. That was back in March. I definitely look better, even since then. I have yet to do any after photos though. I want to wait until four weeks into cut! I'm not taking pictures during reset!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Kiki, Thanks for your post and all the great reminders!!

Friday will be my week one of cut first weigh in and I'm not expecting much. With being sick I've not worked out at all in 12 days. Ugh... I feel like a slug.

So, eating at a 10 % cut with an activity level set for 1-3 hrs of light activity I may even show a gain. But, what can you do? If I could have exercised, I would have. So, no problem. I'm feeling better today, so I'm hoping my energy stays up enough for a Chalean Extreme lifting session tonight after work.

Hang in there everyone!! We have to give this time and I really believe it will work for EACH of us!:flowerforyou:

Becky
  • pmanco2009
    pmanco2009 Posts: 76
    Options
    BUMP
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    After doing 6 weeks of the TDEE Reset today is day 4 of my CUT. I am doing 15% and STARVING!!! The first 2 days weren't bad but then I lifted on the 2nd day so yesterday (day 3) I was starving all day and today I am starving also.

Not sure if I should just hang tight and stay at 15% hoping that I get use to it or go to 10% CUT. I don't need to lose weight, just recomp my body. I do NROL4W so I get some heavy lifting in which always make me hungry the following day.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    After doing 6 weeks of the TDEE Reset today is day 4 of my CUT. I am doing 15% and STARVING!!! The first 2 days weren't bad but then I lifted on the 2nd day so yesterday (day 3) I was starving all day and today I am starving also.

Not sure if I should just hang tight and stay at 15% hoping that I get use to it or go to 10% CUT. I don't need to lose weight, just recomp my body. I do NROL4W so I get some heavy lifting in which always make me hungry the following day.

If you want to recomp, you should eat at maintenance
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options

If you want to recomp, you should eat at maintenance

I still have a lot of fat around my belly and my thighs. Eating at TDEE for 6 weeks only increased both of those...
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    After takling to Lucia, I have decided to keep 10% for now.. for 4 weeks. I have not took any pictures of myself since April I think.. I hate how my stomach looks.. it used to be more flat, but now it is ROUND like Im preg or something.. whatever :) Thank god for Lucia and Kiki who kept me sane.. sigh!

Kiki you look great in those pictures.. I WANT TO BE LIKE YOU lol.

and yea I feel like I GAINED in my stomach and thigh like you.. anyone experience that too?
  • tenpets
    Options
    Day 7 of 10% cut and suddenly I'm feeling SUPER fat and ugly! Probably because I've not been able to exercise for nearly two weeks.

Even so, my mind is trying to convince me to eat NO carbs and drop to 1400 (or fewer) calories! Ugh! Old habits are coming back with a vengance today. I think bringing such little food today (not much at home- need to shop!) is only making it worse. I'm finding myself enjoying the hunger and not feeding myself much. A very slippery slope, indeed!

Strange timing for this... I would have thought it would have hit more during reset! Still hanging, but **struggling** today. Sigh
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am at day 6 of my cut and hit my starting weight of my reset today :) So i gained 3 pounds over the reset...and have lost that over the last 6 days....will be very interested to see if i actually go down tomorrow too...this is the real test now...getting below my reset start weight
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of my cut and I have consistent headaches. I used to get them whenever I slashed calories, and I didn't get them at all while on reset. Of course not! Doing some research on it and it's not a lack of nutrients, it's not caffeine (gave up Coke over a year ago), but it could be dehydration (blood vessels shrinking in the head, throbbing). So I'll up my water. Took some ibuprofen too, because these weight loss headaches just SUCK!

I'm about 1.4 lbs down from my reset high, and hope the trend will continue downward. It's been tricky re-balancing my calories again, at 2000 calories. Geez! Kind of funny how that sounds. I eat 3 main meals and 3 snacks, so if each time I eat roughly 300 calories a meal, I have some wiggle room to fit some things in before going over 2000. I have a renewed dedication to working out hard, but I have to lower my visual expectations or I'm going to keep being disappointed. My belly is covered with fat and I'm so anxious to see my abs. I guess I just want this post-reset cut to work so badly! I did take pictures the morning of Day 1, and I hope I get to use them after a month or two.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of 10% cut and suddenly I'm feeling SUPER fat and ugly! Probably because I've not been able to exercise for nearly two weeks.

Even so, my mind is trying to convince me to eat NO carbs and drop to 1400 (or fewer) calories! Ugh! Old habits are coming back with a vengance today. I think bringing such little food today (not much at home- need to shop!) is only making it worse. I'm finding myself enjoying the hunger and not feeding myself much. A very slippery slope, indeed!

Strange timing for this... I would have thought it would have hit more during reset! Still hanging, but **struggling** today. Sigh
    ((HUGS)) It has shocked me even after doing just the cut how quickly those old voices and habits start creeping in. It's really hard to push through them. I hear you! Struggling with this too!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am at day 6 of my cut and hit my starting weight of my reset today :) So i gained 3 pounds over the reset...and have lost that over the last 6 days....will be very interested to see if i actually go down tomorrow too...this is the real test now...getting below my reset start weight

That is awesome! I can't wait to see how this works for me. I'm Day 3 cut right now.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I'm not at cut yet, I have a little over a week to go, but this is exactly what I'm afraid I'll be tempted to do. I know that I will have to be careful not to try to lose weight too fast after the reset....Such a temptation I tell you!! And I haven't even started cut yet!
  • tenpets
    Options
    Tomorrow morning I weigh in for the first time since starting cut (it will be 9 days tomorrow). NERVOUS!!!

If I see a gain, I will change from 10% to 15%. We've had a really tough time sticking to regular workouts getting home so late and then having all the chores of the night to do. It gets us to bed SO late! We are not good at getting up at 4 am and working out either. Feel like a failure!

I'm seriously considering setting my TDEE to an activity level of sedentary.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I'm not at cut yet, I have a little over a week to go, but this is exactly what I'm afraid I'll be tempted to do. I know that I will have to be careful not to try to lose weight too fast after the reset....Such a temptation I tell you!! And I haven't even started cut yet!

Fight those old thoughts that are tryin to take you back to the old counterproductive yo-yoing. Why drop it quick to gain quicker. Slow and steady. Patience is key and perserverance. We want to remember this is a life journey, one day at a time...lose fat, keep lean muscle...that is the goal.

Be encouraged!! You can do it!

And Nicole, no dropping nothin quick lady:tongue:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This is my first week. Since I have never "dieted" before, I did not bother with eating at TDEE. I did a 30% cut from TDEE and lost 11 pounds my first week. I think it is because my body was used to eating so much food and being full all the time that I tricked it into burning off some fat. I have also noticed that I have not had any GI issues this week, even without taking any probiotic or aloe vera juice, which I had been taking due to cramping and gassiness. I feel wonderful, and I haven't even started a fitness routine yet.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning I weigh in for the first time since starting cut (it will be 9 days tomorrow). NERVOUS!!!

If I see a gain, I will change from 10% to 15%. We've had a really tough time sticking to regular workouts getting home so late and then having all the chores of the night to do. It gets us to bed SO late! We are not good at getting up at 4 am and working out either. Feel like a failure!

I'm seriously considering setting my TDEE to an activity level of sedentary.

Don't be nervous! You can only do so much. I put mine at sedentary because I sit at a desk all day and other than cooking, I am usually seated at home too. Wait and see what your weigh-in shows, then see if you need to tweak it. I imagine that with this type of diet, regular tweaking of numbers and such will be necessary as we burn off the extra pounds.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

Fight those old thoughts that are tryin to take you back to the old counterproductive yo-yoing. Why drop it quick to gain quicker. Slow and steady. Patience is key and perserverance. We want to remember this is a life journey, one day at a time...lose fat, keep lean muscle...that is the goal.

Be encouraged!! You can do it!

And Nicole, no dropping nothin quick lady:tongue:

I don't think I could get away with it if I tried! Too many people keeping me accountable! lol!