No Scale July

Options

Replies

• mel_rose1980
    mel_rose1980 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! The scale's got me all worked up.
    But I will take my measurements biweekly, just to keep me on track somehow.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just remember - scale weight means nothing! It's all about the inches and how you look in the mirror. :)

I try to think like this since I can visually see changes in my body since making cleaner eating choices and harder workouts, BUT knowing in the back of your mind that the world says you are 30-40 lbs overweight still makes you see yourself differently and feel like you don't look any different to the rest of the world.

I don't think I can give up my scale this month, BUT KUDOS TO THOSE WHO ARE GOING FOR IT!

That's okay, perhaps next month?
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just catching up, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! I'm in :)
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I SSSOOOOOOO wanted to step on the scale this morning to see if my vacation weight was gone yet, but I was good and I didn't. The last time I weighed, July 1, was the day after we got home from vacation and I was up almost 4 lbs. I know it was water weight, but still......
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I am a "former" every day weigher.... :noway:
  • victoria615
    victoria615 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the "game" but I am in for the rest of July!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I SSSOOOOOOO wanted to step on the scale this morning to see if my vacation weight was gone yet, but I was good and I didn't. The last time I weighed, July 1, was the day after we got home from vacation and I was up almost 4 lbs. I know it was water weight, but still......

nice willpower, Jen!!

i've been doing good myself! i moved the scale from my bathroom to the hall closet (behind a few pillows LOL) and although it isn't physically any further away or harder to get to i have resisted. out of sight, out of mind i guess :) im sort of figuring like WHY do i NEED to weigh myself? what will/can i do with that information? im not tracking anything at the moment....just plowing forward and trusting in the facts. cal in < cals out = loss
  • bsinno
    Options
    did everyone make it past the holiday?!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Yep! Didn't even look at the scale this morning and this from a person who was daily weighing for many years. Huge victory.
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I decided to try this too. My last weight in was June 30. I haven't even missed weighing in. Now I mock my scale when I walk past it. Lol
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yes I did, make it past the Holiday.
  • bsinno
    Options
    URGH -

im thinking about weighing in.....for research reasons LOL.

i adjusted my cals for last months loss and stuck with the 15% reduction so it lowered my cals by about 80. no big deal. But im starting to wonder if at this stage - 11 pounds from "goal - i should do 10% or 5% reduction. also, the past few weeks my workouts have been harder...so my brain tells me to go UP a little but..."if it aint broke, dont fix it?"

i was thinking that weighing in this weekend (after 2 weeks no scale) might be good to see how im trending now...did i flux back up or maintain, or even (please sweet baby jesus) loose more?

thoughts? Tom just ended...how might that effect the scale? I might make this a post to get some advice...
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So I am still bypassing the scale! What I did do today is measurements, happy day as I have found out I have lost 11 inches off my body. This is so fantastic. :bigsmile:
  • bsinno
    Options
    So I am still bypassing the scale! What I did do today is measurements, happy day as I have found out I have lost 11 inches off my body. This is so fantastic. :bigsmile:

awesome!!!! overall or since the last time you measured? happy for you and totally envious LOL!
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! :smile:
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Good for you!
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am excited to weigh in at the end of the month. The scale has tempted me but I've stayed away! Good thing the one in the employee bathroom here at work is broken!! I was on that thing 47 times a day!
  • jenniet04
    Options

What a great NSV!!! Congrats!

I was so tempted by the scale this morning, but I fought it. I don't know if I'll make it to the end of the month and this month will probably be awful since we have baseball games M-Th at 6 pm each night, boys have to be there between 5 and 5:30, which makes getting dinner before difficult and I hate getting dinner afterwards. Needless to say, dinners haven't been the healthiest this month.
  • bsinno
    Options
    BAH JEN! you know i cheated today :(

AND I TOTALLY REGRETTED IT! STAY AWAY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of in. I've been scaleless since the 24th of last month and am going to the 22nd. Still sort of in the same boat. The temptation is so hard to resist, I was definitely a daily weigher beforehand and it would affect my mood.

Well it's the 22nd and my month has ended! I was actually really scared for the last week to weigh in and was tempted to just not weigh in.

But I did. I went from 143.8lbs to 139.8lbs in the past month, down 4lbs!

The month was difficult, especially at first. At the beginning all I wanted to do was weigh in and I could barely fight those feelings for the first two weeks. Week three is when it got easy and didn't cross my mind much. Also during that week it was my 20th birthday and I ate a bunch of crap, definitely over my cut and probably over my TDEE too, but I wasn't concerned because I was worried about the scale - I could actually indulge, get a little crazy, and enjoy myself. Week four came around and all of a sudden I was just frightened about weighing in and wanted to avoid it. And then today came and voila.

Since I had my birthday and lost 4lbs I decided to enter my stats back in the Scooby calculator. It's still basically the same numbers for my cut and stuff, so that's good. Not sure what I'll do now, whether another month without is in order, a week, or just weigh in whenever I feel like. I just know I don't need the scale that much any more.

Hope everyone else is doing well and you finish the month strong!