Do you know you are being "hit on"?

Options
124»

Replies

• Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I never thought I was good at knowing if I was being hit on. But I was thinking back on meeting the guy that I had the date with Thursday night and he was very friendly the first time we met. He wanted to know everything about me, asked a lot of questions, made a lot of eye contact, smiled, sat next to me, etc. So I say if a guy is going out of his way to be nice to you and get to know you he is mostly likely interested.
  • idk if i am very good at that lol, last squat session there was a girl that was "stretching" in the squat rack right next to me for a long time while i was squatting and i kept on seeing her stare at me, maybe shes never seen someone squat that much or whatever, but i think id say she was hittin on me?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    idk if i am very good at that lol, last squat session there was a girl that was "stretching" in the squat rack right next to me for a long time while i was squatting and i kept on seeing her stare at me, maybe shes never seen someone squat that much or whatever, but i think id say she was hittin on me?
    No, she wasn't. We all have eyes, and most of us "ladies" enjoy the view at the gym.

She wasn't hitting on you though. She may have been interested or hoping you would hit on her, but I'd say that's up to you to decide if you're interested.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I work around A LOT of men, and I am clueless. I have also been told I am dense because I do not get it. Then again they didnt hit on me when I was fat, why would they hit on me now? :laugh:
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm clueless :ohwell: A guy has to be super obvious for that switch in my brain to flip that says, "Oh! He's hitting on me and not just being friendly!"
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Totally unaware, to the extent that when the man of my dreams asked me if I was going (home) with him at the end of an evening out with friends, I assumed he meant would I like to share a cab.... which I told him didn't make any sense as we were going opposite directions (why isn't there a facepalm icon on this thing?). He's now engaged to the girl he had recently broken up with when we first met, and I've regretted missing the signals since about five minutes later when I was in my own taxi, and had the proverbial 'lightbulb' moment. Doesn't make me any better at spotting them now, though. Like Anna, I assume men are being friendly, rather than showing an interest in the specific.

That sucks but wouldn't you rather have a relationship with him
    and not just a hookup? That's the way I see it at least.

Absolutely, but given how close we still are, had I not 'rejected' him then, one night might well have turned into a relationship. Sigh. Circumstances meant we didn't see each other after that evening for six months, and by that time, he'd re-united with the ex... Guess I just have to assume it wasn't meant to be. :cry: :frown: :brokenheart:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Totally unaware, to the extent that when the man of my dreams asked me if I was going (home) with him at the end of an evening out with friends, I assumed he meant would I like to share a cab.... which I told him didn't make any sense as we were going opposite directions (why isn't there a facepalm icon on this thing?). He's now engaged to the girl he had recently broken up with when we first met, and I've regretted missing the signals since about five minutes later when I was in my own taxi, and had the proverbial 'lightbulb' moment. Doesn't make me any better at spotting them now, though. Like Anna, I assume men are being friendly, rather than showing an interest in the specific.

That sucks but wouldn't you rather have a relationship with him
    and not just a hookup? That's the way I see it at least.

Absolutely, but given how close we still are, had I not 'rejected' him then, one night might well have turned into a relationship. Sigh. Circumstances meant we didn't see each other after that evening for six months, and by that time, he'd re-united with the ex... Guess I just have to assume it wasn't meant to be. :cry: :frown: :brokenheart:

I know it sucks...but you'll drive yourself crazy with the shoulda, coulda, woulda's.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My ability to pick up on this is directly affected by how many drinks I've had :laugh: