CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    This is my first week. Since I have never "dieted" before, I did not bother with eating at TDEE. I did a 30% cut from TDEE and lost 11 pounds my first week. I think it is because my body was used to eating so much food and being full all the time that I tricked it into burning off some fat. I have also noticed that I have not had any GI issues this week, even without taking any probiotic or aloe vera juice, which I had been taking due to cramping and gassiness. I feel wonderful, and I haven't even started a fitness routine yet.

Id maybe rethink the 30% Cut.. we recommend 10-15% for healthy weight loss.. 30 can take you into dangerous territory and could cause you to flatline very quickly..

Congrats on the loss:)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    After a week doing the cut I had a loss of 600 grams/1.32 pounds (a few days before my cycle im happy with that). More importantly tho I was in my pump class last night and at the end of the warm up track in front of the class the instructor says "karyn your looking good have you been working more on your arms cos they look good" - put me down for one great NSV! I then was looking in the mirror to monitor my form and thought while i may not look slimmer....I feel more streamline/toned....i have found EM2WL so hard and such a head game...but wow all those struggles and doubting were so worth it last night :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    After a week doing the cut I had a loss of 600 grams/1.32 pounds (a few days before my cycle im happy with that). More importantly tho I was in my pump class last night and at the end of the warm up track in front of the class the instructor says "karyn your looking good have you been working more on your arms cos they look good" - put me down for one great NSV! I then was looking in the mirror to monitor my form and thought while i may not look slimmer....I feel more streamline/toned....i have found EM2WL so hard and such a head game...but wow all those struggles and doubting were so worth it last night :)

Just an awesome NSV. I so feel you on the head game...I know and understand the science behind it but like you said...the mental challenge is hard sometimes. Glad you are sticking to it...it is so worthwhile!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

What an amazing NSC. Way to go girl
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Wow - such an awesome NSV!!!! And good for you for starting to come out on the other side of the headgame -- feeling more streamlined & toned is such a great thing....

I am 2 weeks away from starting my cut so I am so glad to see this group's progress....
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning I weigh in for the first time since starting cut (it will be 9 days tomorrow). NERVOUS!!!

If I see a gain, I will change from 10% to 15%. We've had a really tough time sticking to regular workouts getting home so late and then having all the chores of the night to do. It gets us to bed SO late! We are not good at getting up at 4 am and working out either. Feel like a failure!

I'm seriously considering setting my TDEE to an activity level of sedentary.

Remember this is a learning process so don't sweat a gain if it happens it happens...perserverance is the name of the game. And no feeling like a failure....you will figure it out and be an a better you!

Can't wait to hear your update....
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    EM2WL Cut Update - Week 1:

I've been with EM2WL for 10 weeks now. 3 weeks were at TDEE-15%, then 5.5 weeks at full TDEE (I was not exercising as much as I had calculated, so I was actually eating a bit too much during reset). Since starting EM2WL, I gained 11 lbs and many inches all over.

After 8 days at cut, I have lost 3 pounds of the 11 pounds I gained. I still feel, look, and am measuring much bigger than where I was 10 weeks ago. I'm still holding out hope that I will get below where I started and continue to lose weight without ever going back to VLC of 1200/day.

I recalculated my TDEE based on a more accurate calculation of my activity level and then subtracted 15%. That's where I am right now. We'll see what next week shows.

If I do workout, I will simply eat back those calories.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • sw1498
    sw1498 Posts: 13
    Options
    So I meant to start my cut this week but it hasn't happened. All that has happened is bingeing. It's TtOTM and it's been a stressful week at work with staffing issues. I need t get my head back together. Ive been wearing my BMF for two weeks and it is averaging a 2250 TEED. I had my daughter take photos tonight and will start my 15% cut tomorrow. My weight appears to have gone up again this week but I've been a TEED or thereabouts for three months so my metabolism should be working now. I am hungry a lot so am going to try to think of that as a good thing!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Two week update! I started at 168 somewhere along the way I logged a 168.6 and today after Aunt Flo left I weighed 168 again! So no drop but no gain either! (sigh)

I am however happy to say that I ran 4.5 miles today plus walked some so I guess my fitness is still good! I got a good calorie burn so I will defiantly eat well today!

How is everyone else doing?
  • ktbazzy
    ktbazzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Week 1 of my cut is done, and I've lost 3 pounds of the 4 that I gained during reset. *happy dance*. The adjustment back to lower cals has been slightly challenging but not awful. I had really bad headaches the first three days, but they're gone for now. I took measurements and I've lost 1/4 inches off the waist and hips. Things are looking good during this downward trend, and I hope it continues this way for another 3 weeks or so. My goal is to amp up my workouts to get this fat burned!

One side note: yesterday I was at a waterpark and ate crap. Individual sausage pizza for lunch, a McD's burger for dinner. And it reflected in my lifting today. I couldn't complete my sets and felt weak in the legs! It totally pissed me off since I have only two days in the gym to lift, and I don't like to waste any time with unsatisfactory workouts. So, note to self, just EAT BETTER. :smile:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Week 1 of my cut is done, and I've lost 3 pounds of the 4 that I gained during reset. *happy dance*. The adjustment back to lower cals has been slightly challenging but not awful. I had really bad headaches the first three days, but they're gone for now. I took measurements and I've lost 1/4 inches off the waist and hips. Things are looking good during this downward trend, and I hope it continues this way for another 3 weeks or so. My goal is to amp up my workouts to get this fat burned!

One side note: yesterday I was at a waterpark and ate crap. Individual sausage pizza for lunch, a McD's burger for dinner. And it reflected in my lifting today. I couldn't complete my sets and felt weak in the legs! It totally pissed me off since I have only two days in the gym to lift, and I don't like to waste any time with unsatisfactory workouts. So, note to self, just EAT BETTER. :smile:

Awesome update. Thank you for sharing! Being on the verge of completing reset and starting my cut, this is so encouraging! And good for you for being so aware of how your nutrition affected your gym performance. I think it's such a learning process. We'll never be perfect, but we can always work towards improvement!
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options

Awesome!! That's SO GOOD to hear! I'm in week 7 of my reset, going to start cut July 30th (after 8 full wks of reset) and it's SO nice to hear that people are having success....I can't wait and hope and pray that I can report the same thing in a few weeks!! =)
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi, I've not done a reset as my weights been going up over past few months due to be a little piggy anyway :)

Can I still join in this thread? I've started on the -10% cut.
  • tenpets
    Options
    Hi, I've not done a reset as my weights been going up over past few months due to be a little piggy anyway :)

Can I still join in this thread? I've started on the -10% cut.

Hello! I'm not a moderator, but this thread was set up specifically for tracking how folks are doing after doing a full metabolism reset. Perhaps jumping in on some of the other EM2WL threads would be more closely associated with where you are right now with starting EM2WL at your cut without doing a reset first.

Enjoy EM2WL, it's THE BEST forum out there!:heart:
  • tenpets
    Options

So glad to have yet another face over here in cut-after-reset-land! Congratulations on the loss of lbs and inches! Here's to more successess!:drinker:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 4 - of my accidental cut. LOL. I did a 7 week reset, planned on 8, but several speed bumps got in the way. I ended up more or less eating my 10% cut value . . . so I guess I'm going to cut! And as of this morning, I'm down a whole pound. When I started 7 weeks ago with my reset, I weighed 156, ended up at 159. (My height is 5 6 1/2) Started out at 31% body fat . . . reading 30.4 today. Hope to see that number come down! My goal is 145, a weight that is the higher end of the weight chart for my height, but I know I can maintain it comfortably and like the way I look and feel at that weight. I've bounced and yo-yo'ed the same 3 pounds off and on again since Christmas. Hoping this Christmas will show me down around goal finally. I'm using my bodymedia fit to track my activity, finally got it to show the calorie burn versus intake that I want it to show for the 10% cut numbers. Here we go! Good luck to each and every one of you.
  • FitterGill
    FitterGill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 4 - of my accidental cut. LOL. I did a 7 week reset, planned on 8, but several speed bumps got in the way. I ended up more or less eating my 10% cut value . . . so I guess I'm going to cut! And as of this morning, I'm down a whole pound. When I started 7 weeks ago with my reset, I weighed 156, ended up at 159. (My height is 5 6 1/2) Started out at 31% body fat . . . reading 30.4 today. Hope to see that number come down! My goal is 145, a weight that is the higher end of the weight chart for my height, but I know I can maintain it comfortably and like the way I look and feel at that weight. I've bounced and yo-yo'ed the same 3 pounds off and on again since Christmas. Hoping this Christmas will show me down around goal finally. I'm using my bodymedia fit to track my activity, finally got it to show the calorie burn versus intake that I want it to show for the 10% cut numbers. Here we go! Good luck to each and every one of you.

Great news, Im so pleased for you. Your story is really motivating and I'll be keeping a close eye on you, lol. I am in week 8 of my reset, starting cut on Monday. I read an article saying that if you have a deficit of more than 300 cals, your metabolism starts to slow down to compensate and you lose muscle as well as fat. 15% cut takes me down from 2500 to 2125, but given this new info Ive decided to stick with 2200 which is between a 10% and 15% cut. Wish me luck .... watch this space ....
  • tenpets
    Options

Great news, Im so pleased for you. Your story is really motivating and I'll be keeping a close eye on you, lol. I am in week 8 of my reset, starting cut on Monday. I read an article saying that if you have a deficit of more than 300 cals, your metabolism starts to slow down to compensate and you lose muscle as well as fat. 15% cut takes me down from 2500 to 2125, but given this new info Ive decided to stick with 2200 which is between a 10% and 15% cut. Wish me luck .... watch this space ....

Yeah! Two more friends have arrived here in this wonderful space!! We SO have this!!:flowerforyou:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't been in the forum as much as I would like to but I have been going through some hard times (in my mind) with certain things and I have wanted to share my progress with all of you b/c I started my 15% Cut on July 9th but as of yet, I have not lost anything but I know this is my fault and part of Mother Natures as well...Lol.. I have been having slight TOM for over 3wks so I am not sure if some of my weight sticking around is that or what plus I have fallen behind on exercise since the end of May...Not good at all!!! But, I am proud to say that as of last night I started lifting again and it felt so damn good!!! I realize that even with my son at home almost 24/7 that I HAVE to make time for ME so that I can lift and exercise b/c I really think that is why I was going through some weird funk for quite a while....

So, slowly but surely I am going to try to get on the threads more and keep on lifting to keep my spirits up (exercise does wonders doesn't it....If I had known this long ago, I would have started back then...lol) I am so glad to see that this thread is still going strong and I read the updates on here all of the time b/c they are all so motivating....Even the down sides that some people have helps others when you share b/c when advice is given it helps others going through the same thing get some answers as well!!

Once this Mother Nature thing decides to go away I am hoping to see some major results and I will definitely share it ALL with you!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!:flowerforyou: