I'm a moron, and I make horrible decisions

Options
So I went on a date last night with a young lady, who when texting asked all the right questions, had great conversation skills, and even seemed cute in her pictures.

Unfortunately she was nothing like that in person. She acted like a 14 year old hyper child, spouting off random things at random times, using horrible catch phrases and weird terms to get her point across, she also didn't indicate that she was a hippy, or that she partook in certain illegal substances. Also, on her dating profile she says that she is in the hospitality industry, and she's actually unemployed. Why, oh WHY, is it so hard to just find someone who is on a similar level as me? That doesn't have a ton of habits, and has their crap together. This is driving me insane...

I also made the additional sin of letting things go too far, way too fast. It had been like 2 months... that's an eternity for me.

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Is there any chance this could turn into a funny date story in a few weeks or months? :flowerforyou:
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Ha! Welcome to my world!

Sorry about your evening... I think!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Hopefully she was at least good in bed
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    We've all been there! I feel your pain. Last night I went out with a guy I had GREAT chemistry with online but kinda eh in reality. We got our locations mixed up so I thought he stood me up then he turned out to be shorter than me. I get stretching the truth. But he said 5'7" and was probably 5'3"!!! Still, we still talked for several hours comfortably and I let it go further than I should have... Your 2 months is nothing compared to my draught, haha! It'll work eventually right?!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    lol you aren't a moron.
    It was a bad date. Ok move on from it and try again :)
    We are all wondering if you banged the chick!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping it would go better. Well at least you got laid! :)
  • NNAhuja
    Options
    We've all been there! I feel your pain. Last night I went out with a guy I had GREAT chemistry with online but kinda eh in reality. We got our locations mixed up so I thought he stood me up then he turned out to be shorter than me. I get stretching the truth. But he said 5'7" and was probably 5'3"!!! Still, we still talked for several hours comfortably and I let it go further than I should have... Your 2 months is nothing compared to my draught, haha! It'll work eventually right?!
    Dang! That sucks. Oh well. On to the next one!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your date. It is hard for anyone to find the right person. Believe me, I have been disappointed on numerous occasions myself. It does not make you a moron because you had a bad date. You just chalk that up to experience and move on.

The right person is out there for you and the rest of us on this site.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Aww, too bad about him. And I hear ya on the drought. 2 months is nothing at all for me, either. At this point, two years is looking like shorttime to me now.

OP: Drugs is always something I've double checked about before even meeting someone I hear about from a friend or discover online. That drama I'm just too old for!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Yes, there was humping. No, it wasn't good.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

If it was good would the date have been better?
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Damn it Bryan stop internalizing what you can't control. Did you know she was going to be an inappropriate, fibbing hippy when you set up the date? nooooooooo Well you could have controlled the humping but we have all made bad decisions where that is concerned.

So, love, brush it off. Crappy dates suck but there will end up being dates that aren't crappy at all.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options

^^This
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

LMAO -- Good humping always makes the date better...
  • NNAhuja
    Options

LMAO -- Good humping always makes the date better...

There probably would have been plans for a second date if the first one (humping included) was better.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

This is the saddest part of your story.... Time for you to ghost my friend.... It'll get better eventually
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Jax - How can you bang someone you had zero attraction for?? I really can't get my head round that one!! :huh:

As for the lies and dating sites and meeting people that you are even remotely compatible with?? I'd say it's now 1 in 10!! I dont know why I plucked that figure out the air, but I suppose I did like 1 in 10 of the men I ever met.

Keep trying :wink:
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    you are certainly NOT a moron!!! i am from the school of thought that it's very very easy to go to far once you get started.

kissing almost ALWAYS leads to something more. it rarely stops with kissing.

please don't be so hard on yourself!!!! :-)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You just had a bad date.......only problem is ---since things went too far---does she think there will be another date?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

HC!!! WTF?? YOU aswell???????????? :laugh:

So, apart from the height disappointment, are you attracted to the guy? :huh: