JULY 2012~~~~~> (measurements,weights,goals,support)

Options

Replies

• kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    SW (July 3) 155
    CW (July 19) 153

I'm so excited to be down 2 lbs. since the start of this! :happy: I keep forgetting to check my measurements...I looked back to where I keep track of them and the last time I measured was 2 months ago so I will have to measure myself tomorrow to see.

How is everyone else doing? It does seem like our group has got smaller....
  • doziemom
    doziemom Posts: 13
    Options
    I am happy to report I am hitting my goals for July.

Lost 1 pound

Two yoga sessions Down!

So am setting New goal for end of month. 1 more pound and two more sessions.

I also have been logging everyday even when I don't eat the best, this is really helping.

Let's finish strong for July . I know we can do it. :smile:
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    KIMBERG + DOZIE! SO happy for you! Even though our group did get smaller, let's stick around and post, hopefully they are reading it and being inspired! I haven't done my weigh ins and measurements yet, but know I have "shifted" things around! LOL I am still hoping for a 5-8 pound loss by the 31st!

So happy for you! Let's keep pushing strong and then next month, new measurements, new goals, new body!

have a great weekend! Workout hard! LOL
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Exercise wise this month has been a bust.

I did manage to lose some weight though

SW: 172.2
    CW: 169.3

Loss of 2.9 lbs

This means I have made my mini goal! Woot Woot!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    hi all
    I am on track to reach my goals this month. I do limp more than I would like to after working out, but hoping in the next ten days it will be even less.
    >Abigail great job on the weight loss :)
    >Dozie congrats on reaching your goals for July :)
    >Kim shifting is great, I am sure you have lost some inches too! :)
    >Kimberg congrats on the 2 pounds so far, that rocks! :)
    >Nicci sorry about your mom being a barrier to you, maybe she is just trying to spark some competitiveness in you thinking she is helping? idk but this is your weight loss, not hers, you do what you need to do for you and if you feel comfortable tell her you are not into the competition, you are doing this for your self.
    -Donna
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.4 lbs today =D I reached the -20 mark on my 19th birthday!!! =D
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    Exercise wise this month has been a bust.

I did manage to lose some weight though

CW: 169.3

Loss of 2.9 lbs

This means I have made my mini goal! Woot Woot!

YEAH!!! HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!! Way to go!
  • dnunny
    Options

Congrats!!!! Happy Birthday, too!!! Enjoy!
  • dnunny
    Options
    I am happy to report I am hitting my goals for July.

Lost 1 pound

Two yoga sessions Down!

So am setting New goal for end of month. 1 more pound and two more sessions.

I also have been logging everyday even when I don't eat the best, this is really helping.

Let's finish strong for July . I know we can do it. :smile:

Excellent, Dozie--you ROCK!
  • dnunny
    Options
    I haven't weighed in since last time (almost 3 lb. loss); I'd like to lose 2 more by the end of the month to make it 5.

I found some videos that look like I can do them. I have an outfit that I want to wear to work (when all the staff meets for the year). I have had the same clothes for 3 years, so this is a new to me outfit and something I normally would never wear.

I have to realistic with exercise, in the sense that I MUST have a plan for home. As much as I *say* that I can get there at 5am, the reality is, I'm not there yet and I don't want to set myself up for failure. I can SAY and DO I will go 4x a week; that is doable for my schedule.

So I hope in the next 10 days I'll have a 2lb. loss!

Keep up the good everyone!!!
  • doziemom
    doziemom Posts: 13
    Options

Happy Birthday to you! Great Job on sticking to your goals!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Wahhhhh! :) Hello all! Sorry to have been MIA, just been very busy with a new workout schedule, new teaching schedule at a new studio, and still interviewing with Lululemon! :)

I have been going strong though, on day 10 of my Meta-Rev program and so far loving it! I also did hot yoga yesterday for the first time in close to two years and wow, it felt great! :) I absolutely love the people at my new studio and already am part of the "core" group that is so friendly, peaceful, loving and kind! The great thing is that my husband loves them too! :D We are going to start joining them on Saturdays. First, I will teach class at 10:30 and then we will go hike a mountain and then we come back to eat! :D This is a great group of people and I'm very excited about it! :D

Anyway, tomorrow is my interview with Lululemon for a different position than I had originally gone up for. While it sounded all great based off the job description, once I got there, the job description was very different. It wasn't what I was looking for, and I don't think I was what they were looking for that particular role. However, the current regional manager is interested in me for a new store opening and being part of that, so I will be meeting with three people flying in from Canada tomorrow at 2! I just hope that they can work around my new yoga teaching schedule and also pay me well as the job is PRETTY far from my house. Not far, but as far as you can possibly get on the hwy. Again, if the money is right, I'll take it! :D

So, pardon me if I'm not on for a few days. Between teaching, working out, taking classes at the studio, getting ready for interviews and doing regular house stuff! I'm swamped this weekend. But know I wish you all well and I can't wait for results at the end of this month! :D I will say that I already feel like a winner because I am fit, active and happy! Also, during hot yoga yesterday I KILLED IT which is amazing being I was kinda scared to go back into a 115 degree room with 40 % humidity! LOL But I did it!

Love to you all!!!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Kim~ Best of luck with the newest position! Sending good vibes your way for your interview tomorrow!! :happy:

Congrats ladies on all the weight loss so far this month!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!! :smile:

Keep up all the hard work everyone and we will for sure be looking HOT for the holidays! :wink:
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit anxious as I have had a number of days over 2000 calories and i'm having TOM right now. I am hoping to see a loss on Sunday but I'm beginning to feel as though I will not... I guess i have to prepare myself for this. Whatever it is, that is what it is. It may mean i just have to work harder.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hey guys! Just letting you know that I think my interview went great. I am about 90% sure, maybe more, that this position is mine. Honestly, i just hope it pays well! LOL I would have to drive pretty far and possibly give up my teaching position with my studio, which is a serious love. It's also only a 6 month contract as it's a "pop up" store and while that does give me work through January and the busy time of the year and in with the company, I'm just kind of in the air about it :D SO- we shall see.

I WILL SAY THIS:
    While I am always a believer in faith and positive attitude I had a RESURGENCE of positive energy two nights ago (the night before my interview). First with a meditation, then confirmed with a crazy dream about rebirth and new beginnings and then with a great note from my husband left the morning of my interview that basically stated EVERYTHING from the meditation/awakening and my dream. It was really crazy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when energy lines up that way.

I guess what I am saying is this. I am not worried about whether I get this position or a different position or I find something closer to my house, or perhaps I just build a huge client base at the studio and I work more. What I DO KNOW is that there is a plan already in motion and I am happy to allow it to be!

WEIGHT! Oh man! I feel like my weight has not been great, or as great as I want it to be. I will admit though, I have been eating too late (due to adding in the new hot yoga workout at night- man you burn 600 calories and you are HUNGRY! LOL) although, I am feeling lean! I am feeling strong! i am feeling blessed!

The other day in class, when I was teaching and introduced myself to a student she said, "Oh man, I'm glad you are a teacher, because your legs are like... Wow. They are really amazing. I was starting to feel bad about myself!" She said this last part not seriously, more like a joke. Either way though, here's what to take away from that:

That even if when we ARE NOT SEEING THE SCALE MOVE or we are eating over calories (I did last night too and a few other days this month), that how we feel about ourselves are JUST THAT... how we feel. It does not mean we "look" the way we see ourselves to others... LOL That was a mouthful. Does that make sense? LOL

Anyway. STRENGTH! HOT YOGA!

Holy crap! For those of you who know, I haven't done Bikram for about a year and a half. Long story short, the people were awful, I was harassed and got ripped off (I worked there and didn't get paid some 700 dollars), they were racist and well it just sucked! LOL However, on Tuesday I did my first class! It was great! It was not easy, but it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. I balanced in all my postures, i didn't have to drink water and I didn't fall out of any postures! :D It was overall very good! And very energizing!

Then the class I took last night! WOW, it was really truly amazing! I recognized my strength in positions I had NEVER attempted, some I had never seen and well- I got a great compliment from the teacher! I guess why this is so pivotal, is because I forgot my strength. I forgot my flexibility... I forgot my determination. I forgot what it was like to be told to do something, to have to active listen and then make your body do it.. in heat! LOL

Sure, i workout all the time and I love to push myself, but this teacher, was really amazing! So amazing that I will be going to his class tonight, Sunday, Monday and Thursday! :D I really feel like I could learn new yoga from him. Which back to the beginning of this long post (Sorrrrrry- I feel the need to get out all my exciting energy! LOL), is something I have been hoping for and wanting for about 2 years. It's not that I am the best at yoga, hardly, and it's not that i'm a beginner. But I am somewhere in the middle and would like a teacher to challenge me and to work with me in new postures.... and I can happily say that I have found it! :D

:heart: Okay, enough rambling! We have 3-4 days to get our goals for July done and in! Start thinking of your new August ones! I see somebody already made a thread for it so that is where we will be for August!

While I may not have had the weight loss I wanted (not sure yet), I do know I have toned up, can't wait to do my measurements (I know lost weight) and most importantly, haven't missed a day of my logins or me Meta Rev! Looking forward to August! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!
  • newhabit
    Options
    I really want to do yoga more but don't have time to get to a gym as I work full time and have a 2 year old. So I do a lot of exercise dvd's and running on my home treadmill or around my neighborhood. But i was wondering if there are any good yoga dvds that burn a lot of calories that you would recommend that are anything like hot yoga.
  • newhabit
    Options
    I really want to do yoga more but don't have time to get to a gym as I work full time and have a 2 year old. So I do a lot of exercise dvd's and running on my home treadmill or around my neighborhood. But i was wondering if there are any good yoga dvds that burn a lot of calories that you would recommend that are anything like hot yoga.

oh and yeah, i made that thread because i am ready to think about August now! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    @New Habit- love it! We are almost to August! Thanks for starting the thread! As far as hot yoga goes, not there is really not a way you can do that at home. I do recommend doing yoga though . Even just one a week! I would google yoga journal yoga challenge and there you will find about 30 some workouts! Some are 15 some are 30! :D
  • newhabit
    Options
    Well I didn't gain weight! Still right at my starting weight, 132 but waist is down about 0.4 inches it seems! So i'll take that to start off august right
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Okay, while there are still two days left in the month today is a measurement/weigh in day for me so here are my results for the month.

CW: 167.1

Total weight loss of 5.1 lbs. This makes me soooo happy!

SM: Neck 13.5 ..... No change here

SM: Waist 35 ...... No change here

SM: Hips 41 ....... No change here

SM: Thighs 25 ..... 23.5 (I measured 4x because I could hardly believe the difference)

SM: Upper Arms 14 ..... 13.5

The other goals for this month did not go as well as I had hoped but I will continue with the same goals for the next month and hope to improve what I had going.