Stuff no one tells you...

Options
VelociMama
VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
before you get pregnant...

GO!

- Morning sickness doesn't always happen in the morning.
- You will not see your girly bits for a long time, but everyone who ever worked in the maternity ward of the hospital will!
- Your boobs will rival Dolly Pardon shortly.

Replies

• katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You'll have the frame of mind of an early Alzheimer's patient...
    You'll pee your pants if you sneeze too hard, laugh too hard, or feel even the slightest breeze...
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How incredibly odd it feels to have no energy! There's tired, and there's, "Wake me up in two years."
  • VelociMama
    Options
    - Flatulence is a way of life while you're pregnant.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh man the pregnancy brain! With the last one I lost my car keys for THREE DAYS. Found them in the garage lol.

No one told me....the after birth stuff -
    - the bleeding that last forever
    - sitting hurt!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no one told me that my stomach would feel like a science experiment and that I would be able to out-fart my husband AND his brother.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am very fair skinned so when DD was born I almost had a heart attack when I saw that my once pinkish areolas were dark chocolate! And that the bright red tiger like scratches were actually stretch marks!! Found it hard to believe that with time both colors would fade lol Also the hair loss after giving birth!!!! But this time around I'm actually shedding during the pregnancy hopefully I won't go completely bald after I give birth lol
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That you have the craziest, most vivid dreams
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    -That it will feel like your vag is getting struck by lightening

-That you WILL pee your pants. Even if it's just a little.

-Getting out of bed is a chore

-When you try to sit yourself up, your belly looks freaky and scary!

-Not just heartburn.... but HEARTBURN
  • VelociMama
    Options
    - You have earned a gold medal in farting.
  • aya619
    aya619 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that epidurals can stop working on HALF of your body right before you have to push! (I laid on that side that was feeling pain to "start it back up") Thank goodness it kicked in a bit after and RIGHT before push time. Good thing too because I had always planned on getting epidural and not going drug free!
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    That braxton-hicks contractions start so soon... I've had them since 15 weeks, up to 15 per day (got checked out many times, nothing is wrong, its normal-for-me). 27 weeks now and sick of em!
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    - that constipation can hit badly even if you eat TONS of fibre, exercise and drink plenty of water
    - that nasal congestion and nose bleeds are actually normal!
    - that you favourite scented candles, perfumes and husbands aftershave will smell SO bad!!
    - that you may experience a strong metalic taste in your mouth when you eat
  • staceybr01
    Options
    But on the plus side, the bigger my belly gets, the smaller my thighs look!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    But on the plus side, the bigger my belly gets, the smaller my thighs look!

Bahahahaha LOVE IT!! I think that's so true bc my husband just told me a few days ago that my legs were looking really small LOL
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Adding to this list:

- Hot flashes at night. I get one every friggin' night at 3am.
    - My ankles have gone into hiding.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

GO!

- You will not see your girly bits for a long time, but everyone who ever worked in the maternity ward of the hospital will!

I once read the "confessions" of a L&D nurse, and she was saying that they are grossed out when women come in all ungroomed down there. I am NOT about to get my hoo-ha waxed, sorry, and unless you're shaving me, you'll just have to deal with it! A lady can only do so much with a sharp object and a sensitive part of her body blindly. Mirrors don't help much, either.
  • VelociMama
    Options

GO!

I once read the "confessions" of a L&D nurse, and she was saying that they are grossed out when women come in all ungroomed down there. I am NOT about to get my hoo-ha waxed, sorry, and unless you're shaving me, you'll just have to deal with it! A lady can only do so much with a sharp object and a sensitive part of her body blindly. Mirrors don't help much, either.

LOL! Same here. I normally keep that area nice and tidy, but I can't even shave my legs on my own now. They can deal with it.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

GO!

LOL! Same here. I normally keep that area nice and tidy, but I can't even shave my legs on my own now. They can deal with it.

Question: Do you know...If you don't come in waxed, do they shave you? This is largely going to determine whether or not I make an appointment to get waxed soon-ish. The idea of someone coming near that area with a razor is TERRIFYING to me.
  • tubbs313
    tubbs313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That you have to take potty breaks to run more than 2 miles.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    -That heartburn is super bad!
    -That you can puke during labor and you feel like you're splitting in half!
    -That it's REALLY hard to put on shoes in the third trimester.
    -Hm...that people do perineum stretching to get ready for labor...
    -I'm sure there is other stuff I'm forgetting, but that's what stood out to me.