What Women Should Expect As We Age

Staying physically and mentally active can help you feel younger. Face it, we have all seen the gradual changes since we turned 40. Vision changes, love those reading glasses all over the house. Trying to stop the wrinkles and the age spots with all the lotions and creams. Oh, let’s not leave out Botox to that list.

A few things we can expect to happen as we age.

We are not as flexible as we once were. Our joints and muscles become stiffer, and we don’t exercise as often as we use to.

Our Hearts can become weaker. The Heart is a muscle and if we don’t preform some cardio activities on a regular basis, we can expect to have a weaker heart which can lead to fatigue.

Our hearing can change. The hearing nerves in our ear can become degenerative and we can lose hearing or the ability to distinguish tones.

Our Bone density can also deteriorate just like our muscles. This makes having falls result in breaks or fractures.

Depressed yet? We don’t have to be. We can take control with a few simple steps.
1. Start your day with some protein.
2. Choose farm/fresh foods over processed foods.
3. Move at least 30 minutes a day.
4. Stop eating after 6:30-7:00 in the evening.
5. Get at least 7 hours of restful sleep. Limit any screens in bed, phones, tv’s, iPad.

“Don’t try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won’t live long enough to find out about, but I’m still curious about them. You know people who are already saying, ‘I’m going to be 30-oh, what am I going to do?’ Well, use that decade! Use them all!”
Betty White
Owner: zondramillerLeaders: zondramillerCreated on February 20, 20249 membersPrivacy: Public

Announcements

Important stuff will go here one day.

Discussions

Upcoming Events

Aw snap, no events are coming up.

Members