One Day at a Time, One Meal a Day (ODAT-OMAD)

Options

Replies

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    FOOD I LIKE TO EAT

Lamb Stroganoff

n38mcdadznvt.jpg

BBQ lamb ribs with spinach

puxqy0uuz0oj.jpg

• Abm4n
    edited November 2015
    Options
    MY TWO FAVOURITE FOODS

When I open the fridge, my two favourite foods stare back at me:

1) Water.
    2) Pork. Roasted and cut into 300g (2/3 lb) portions.

Here's the plan - if I feel thirsty I drink; if I'm hungry I eat.

Gazing at a piece of fatty meat like this seems to clarify the options = eat or drink. It is surprising how often I think I am hungry when in fact I am really just a bit bored and want to be distracted. So I close the fridge again and say, "I don't feel hungry so I don't need to eat right now!" Dinner can wait!

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You got it..sometimes it is just boredom and how our society has taught us to eat to gratify boredom.

And ohhh are your food choices smokin!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great job sir, I appreciate the thread!
  • ishasharma0704
    ishasharma0704 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    WHERE I'M AT RIGHT NOW

Previously on ODAT-OMAD....

Height 5' 10"

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 180 lbs
    Initial Target Wt. 175 lbs

Now that I have reset my goals:

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 173 lbs
    New Target Wt. 167 lbs

Wow! Great work!
  • blambo61
    Options
    WHERE I'M AT RIGHT NOW

Previously on ODAT-OMAD....

Height 5' 10"

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 180 lbs
    Initial Target Wt. 175 lbs

Now that I have reset my goals:

Starting weight 200 lbs
    Current Weight 173 lbs
    New Target Wt. 167 lbs

Wow! Great work!

Nice!

I've recently left the fat/obese catagory at about 220lbs. 200 will get me to the fit catagory. That is my next goal. Your where I hope to be in a couple more months. Good job!
  • Abm4n
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A GREAT DAY ON OMAD

Today was the first day in a few days that I actually managed to go OMAD. I had my main meal for lunch after a 24 fast. I enjoyed a delicious lunch of sweet and sour pork, using up some leftovers from a roast dinner. It was enough to keep me going all day and to sustain me through an long session of tennis without having snacks.

They always put fruit and cake out for the tennis players but I did not take any of the tempting fruit snacks or biscuits or chocolate brownies dusted with sugar icing. This was the first time that I didn't have any snacks. It just didn't occur tome to eat!

Also today was the first time in a while that I managed to stick to my one plate rule. In the past I have been tempted to go back for seconds, but not today.

8cej98xk3gms.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Can't go wrong with s&s pork!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    BOXING DAY UPDATE - LOWEST WEIGHT EVER AFTER FEASTING YESTERDAY

I didn't want to weigh myself this morning after yesterday seeing as how I "let myself go" yesterday and permitted myself to eat anything I wanted provided I kept to a simple rule - one meal only. Usually I would eat a full breakfast on Christmas Day; this year I held off from eating until lunch at 1.00 pm.

Then I dug into roast turkey and roast pork with crackling, two massively rich desserts including chocolate ice cream cake and chocolate pavlova with cream and cherries. It was a feast for sure. This morning, the day after, I just weighed myself, and the verdict? I needn't have worried, in fact I actually lost weight!! OMG it is unbelievable and yet this has happened to me so many times I know that it is not a freak event.

Sometimes you just have to let yourself go mad - provided there are guidelines. I ate essentially for 1 hour so it was a 23:1 diet, almost. The only cheat was that I had some Christmas cake with custard as a light supper about six hours after the main meal. Even so, it was a good day eating almost "on plan" in terms of keeping within my feeding window and sticking to lower-moderate carbs. Fact is that I ate freely but within time limits.

So now I am my lowest weight in a long, long time and feeling great. I have proven to myself that after a while the body will re-set itself to a new set point and slight variances in input will become accommodated by your body's internal weight-stabilising mechanism.
  • arguablysamson
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You, sir, are the man of the hour!

It feels good to be in control and to see the results therefrom, no? That's what it takes to move forward and accomplish your goals. It's the personal victories that we experience that give us fuel for yet greater ones.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good job!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - congratulations!!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Thanks Joe And Bob. I have always believed in this method as an aspirational way of eating even if I wasn't posting every day. Now the results speak for themselves! Keep up the good work. When we really believe we ARE enough we get to HAVE enough in so many areas of our lives.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing @Abm4n!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nice job sir!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Time for me to give you an update on how I am going. I am still within 1 kg my target range = often I am just over and then I get back down again within the "healthy" range for a while.

I am trying to make a new start this year and have been juicing again for the past two weeks - mostly vegetable juice with an apple thrown in for sweetness.

I am eating one meal a day when I can. If I can eat one meal a day twice a week then I am happy with that. On the other five days I will usually eat two meals. So it is a kind of modified 5:2 diet, with the exception that I don't control my calories when I eat 1 meal a day. I am happy just to control the number of meals I have. Eventually, I would like to make 1 meal my usual routine but don't want to rush it.

Recent successes include a new low waist measurement (since then I have rebounded) and a new low neck measurement. I have read that your waist measurement is in some ways is a more reliable indicator of health risks than your weight.

I am emptying out my cupboards and simplifying my eating routines. Here is a picture of my fridge.

f7rkuyseij8d.jpg
  • blambo61
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Time for me to give you an update on how I am going. I am still within 1 kg my target range = often I am just over and then I get back down again within the "healthy" range for a while.

I am trying to make a new start this year and have been juicing again for the past two weeks - mostly vegetable juice with an apple thrown in for sweetness.

I am eating one meal a day when I can. If I can eat one meal a day twice a week then I am happy with that. On the other five days I will usually eat two meals. So it is a kind of modified 5:2 diet, with the exception that I don't control my calories when I eat 1 meal a day. I am happy just to control the number of meals I have. Eventually, I would like to make 1 meal my usual routine but don't want to rush it.

Recent successes include a new low waist measurement (since then I have rebounded) and a new low neck measurement. I have read that your waist measurement is in some ways is a more reliable indicator of health risks than your weight.

I am emptying out my cupboards and simplifying my eating routines. Here is a picture of my fridge.

f7rkuyseij8d.jpg

Great report! Sounds like your doing well. When I hit goal weight, I've thought of doing about exactly what your doing. You might not need more omad days if your at target. Let the scale be your guide I guess.

My fridge has tons of food in it. Doesn't make weekends easy!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Thanks Bob, looks like you are making good progress too.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2016
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

f7rkuyseij8d.jpg

Great report! Sounds like your doing well. When I hit goal weight, I've thought of doing about exactly what your doing. You might not need more omad days if your at target. Let the scale be your guide I guess.

My fridge has tons of food in it. Doesn't make weekends easy!

I meant you might not need more than two omad days a week. I think I will always do omad for at least once or twice a week even when hit target to help maintain and I really think the fasting is good for us.