One Day at a Time, One Meal a Day (ODAT-OMAD)

Options

Replies

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here are my figures:

Current weight 175 lbs
    New re-set target weight 170 lbs

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Got it, your still trying to lose a little. Good luck, you will get there!
  • blambo61
    Options
    How you doing?
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Hi Bob, I have been away from MFP for a while but am still in the sweet spot (sugar free). Just nudging towards my goal. I am mostly eating two meals a day but eating my dinner early - for example, today I had a full breakfast then ate my combined lunch/dinner at 2.00 pm.

Current weight 173 lbs
    Target weight 170 lbs
    Target BMI 24.3

After a while you just know where you are and what you need. I still eat like a king once every day. Sunday dinner was slow cooked (22 hrs) beef ribs with roasted corn on the cob and fresh coleslaw followed by a large serving of tiramisu topped with fresh strawberries and double cream. I am eating chorizo sausage, steak, air dried ham, all good things no restrictions except for not snacking late at night and of course no sugary soda drinks and very little beer. Maybe once a week I will have a beer; after a while you lose the taste for it. If I want to drink I will usually have a glass of red wine once or twice a week. Hope you are going well.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, dude!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That dinner sounds like heaven! Great to see u r only 3 lbs away from your goal. Good luck with those 3lbs and great job getting there.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Thanks guys. It is great place to be that's for sure, into stability now that so much has become automatic. The body resets itself and adjusts to a new reality after some initial misgivings and grumbles it settles down and accepts the new status quo. Our Inner King emerges and we accept our rightful place as Sovereign over our inner urges and distractions, our disquiet and boredom subsides, no more comfort-seeking from sugary, salty, fatty snacks and no late night urges to eat.

Demand for alcohol either goes away entirely or can be enjoyed in moderation to suit the occasion. No food is outlawed, all foods are on the menu, just not every day and not all at once at all times of the day and night. The 24/7 "all you can eat" mobile food truck has been closed down and moved out of town. The healthy food canteen opens at regular hours serving generous portions of healthy, balanced, nutritious food but it shuts early so the workers can go home to rest, relax and get some sleep.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Thanks guys. It is great place to be that's for sure, into stability now that so much has become automatic. The body resets itself and adjusts to a new reality after some initial misgivings and grumbles it settles down and accepts the new status quo. Our Inner King emerges and we accept our rightful place as Sovereign over our inner urges and distractions, our disquiet and boredom subsides, no more comfort-seeking from sugary, salty, fatty snacks and no late night urges to eat.

Demand for alcohol either goes away entirely or can be enjoyed in moderation to suit the occasion. No food is outlawed, all foods are on the menu, just not every day and not all at once at all times of the day and night. The 24/7 "all you can eat" mobile food truck has been closed down and moved out of town. The healthy food canteen opens at regular hours serving generous portions of healthy, balanced, nutritious food but it shuts early so the workers can go home to rest, relax and get some sleep.

I liked that a lot. Good insight! Glad your doing well. I hope to be in your shoes later this year.
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is incredible. I love your take on getting control of the situation and staying in control. We are after all the ones making the decisions. The Bible says "I set before you life and death, choose life". Thanks for reminding me of that.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Just reached 170 lbs this morning. I ate a roast pork lunch yesterday with fresh strawberries and cream then fasted until this morning. No hunger at all! That was enough to get me over the line to reach my second reset goal. BMI now well within the healthy range. Remember guys, no snacking or late night suppers before bedtime! I stopped tracking calories and meals now. No need cos body just knows what it needs and wants. No aches or pains, no tiredness, no need for afternoon naps any more. No loose skin. Body just reconstitutes itself to the new reality.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on achieving your target, @Abm4n!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good job!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration. Great work.
  • Abm4n
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Just dropped in to give you an update. I have been volunteering as an English teacher working with new migrants and refugees. I got a bit confused and started eating off plan. Too many pot luck lunches and international feasts etc. The students' food is so delicious and they won't take no for an answer when they invite you to eat. All excuses I know. So I came to see how one thing leads to another and a couple of days ago I found myself in the cream cakes section of the supermarket craving sweet, creamy cakes.

Normally I would even think about this sort of food. Just goes to show how we train our body to crave the things we feed it. Also I started to become hungry at certain times of the day I would not normally eat. It only takes a couple of days and then eating three or even four times a day can become a new (bad) habit.

So back to the basics for me again. I have put on two or three kilos over the past three weeks. These will fall off again slowly as I regain the good habits that became my way of life.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    I feel ya. Just so long as you fast weekly, your body will revert to your learned OMADic behavior. But yeah, it doesn't take long to build bad habits like skyscrapers, which make us have to tear them down again.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Hi guys. Back again. All good but I am having to make a decision to reject constant invitations to eat lunch from generous and well meaning friends who keep on offering me food at work. It seems so rude and culturally wrong but I don't need to eat lunch anymore and do not want to gain weight . I am still within my target of a healthy BMI and have been for months. Very stable and feel great!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Wonderful. Yep, you have to be ready to stand on your own two feet when it comes to lunch and dinner invites. I am in upper management and get a steady stream of them.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    I am using the OMAD principles more and more now and really liking the way it works. There are so many levels to the benefits that accrue when you follow this lifestyle. It doesn't happen all at once, although there are many immediate benefits.

I like the longer term benefits of stable emotions, no hunger, freedom and control. Just remember to drink plenty of water!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Good to hear, bud. There's no denying them, really.