What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight?

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight?

I expected that even though I was eating 2500 calories a day, an increase of 500 calories a day for me, that I would not gain much weight, I already knew that eating fat and protein doesn’t make you fat.

... bacon has a great fat to protein ratio and if there was one food I could eat for a month it would be bacon. It also already has the salt/sodium that low carbers need built right into it. The more I researched it, the better it looked; pork has a better amino acid profile than beef even.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I was watching this guy when he did this on Facebook. To be honest, I just don't like bacon enough to make this doable for me.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yeah, he said he was craving beef towards the end. :)

Pretty amazing results, especially since he was keto for a year prior to that.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Ha maybe this would solve my sodium issue lol

Though I couldn't eat that much bacon
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    "What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight?"

Happiness. Happiness is what happens.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I could absolutely do that! No joke! I love bacon!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Interesting!
    I do love bacon but I think I'd get bored.
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think I could do it! I love bacon! Wright's brand is my absolute favorite!
  • LiftRunRepeat22
    LiftRunRepeat22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that hates cooking bacon? Tedious to cook especially if you're making a lot, then you eat the first batch while you're cooking the second .. Or that could be just me :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that hates cooking bacon? Tedious to cook especially if you're making a lot, then you eat the first batch while you're cooking the second .. Or that could be just me :)

It's so much easier to bake it on a pan in the oven.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I could do two pounds of ground beef a day, and nothing else, for a month. That's actually pretty close to some of my months in the past. I like bacon, but I don't find it satisfying enough on its own.
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I could do two pounds of ground beef a day, and nothing else, for a month. That's actually pretty close to some of my months in the past. I like bacon, but I don't find it satisfying enough on its own.

wouldn't beef have too much protein? thinking out loud because i too dont think bacon would be enough for me.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yes! I believe I could do it!! no problem, especially cooked as a slab of pork belly!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Tanukiko wrote: »

wouldn't beef have too much protein? thinking out loud because i too dont think bacon would be enough for me.

I do not restrict protein. I know some people do, but I haven't found it to have any benefit for me. I lose/maintain just as easily when eating 200 grams of protein as when I eat 100 grams. In actuality, I tend to average around the middle of those numbers.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I could do two pounds of ground beef a day, and nothing else, for a month.

Do it and blog during! It would be cool to see a collage of 30 days of MFP daily entries all listing the same thing. :)

• FIT_Goat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »

Do it and blog during! It would be cool to see a collage of 30 days of MFP daily entries all listing the same thing. :)

LOL, when I log my food, it's not unlike that. Maybe I will do that. But, I need to finish off the food that I have out right now and get to the store to buy 60 pounds of ground beef (probably go to BJ's... should run me under $170 there).

Edit: By my estimates, it would be like 224 grams of fat (88 grams of it saturated fat) and 144 grams of protein each day. Approx. 2600 calories a day. More if I am hungry and less if I wasn't. I would probably lose some weight, which I could afford to do right now. It would run me under $6 a day, which isn't bad for me.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/the-30-day-ground-beef-experiment-811345

We'll see. I will go and run to the store this weekend. I already have some ground beef, so I might be able to start sooner. But, I need to get the food I just bought eaten first. Ground beef is my "filler" when I run out of steak.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Ladies, whomever has the LOVE of bacon, anyone willing to do a week or month experiment on behalf of the rest of us eager learners? I find sometimes experiments on men do not have the same results with women. Hormones, I guess. I am traveling a lot in next 2 months so not practical for me to do a month. I love bacon but not more than 2 day to max a week worth! So... any bacon loving volunteers for a month? Alternately I am happy to do a bacon week as a fun team event. mmmmmmm bacon
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to do the hamburger for a month. I like bacon, but I don't think I love it enough to do a month. I don't know if I would be a good female candidate to pair with @Fit_Goat, but would be willing to give it a go. I can say I wouldn't be able to begin before the 21st of March (after returning from Jamaica!). Ideas?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    21 march works for me. Back from USA and not yet departing for Asia.