What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight?

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cool. I like the idea of a bacon challenge too. I don't know if I could last an entire month. I worry that I would get sick of bacon. I could definitely do a couple of weeks.

I might join in on this. I am having a hard time shaking carbs off lately even though I started out last month trying to go as carnivore as possible. Darn nuts.

My biggest obstacle would be cutting out my BPC - my favourite food at the moment.

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I can't hardly eat Bacon cooked on the BBQ grill. Its tastes so good, I want to eat the whole package in one setting.

I'm spoiled now, I hardly ever will cook it any other way.

Dan
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Cool. I like the idea of a bacon challenge too. I don't know if I could last an entire month. I worry that I would get sick of bacon. I could definitely do a couple of weeks.

I might join in on this. I am having a hard time shaking carbs off lately even though I started out last month trying to go as carnivore as possible. Darn nuts.

My biggest obstacle would be cutting out my BPC - my favourite food at the moment.

The BPC would be the hardest part for me too. Especially since I use MCT to not be a scatter brained zombie
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ladies, whomever has the LOVE of bacon, anyone willing to do a week or month experiment on behalf of the rest of us eager learners? I find sometimes experiments on men do not have the same results with women. Hormones, I guess. I am traveling a lot in next 2 months so not practical for me to do a month. I love bacon but not more than 2 day to max a week worth! So... any bacon loving volunteers for a month? Alternately I am happy to do a bacon week as a fun team event. mmmmmmm bacon

For what it's worth, my May of last year wasn't far off from just hamburger. I think I did bacon and eggs for breakfast, though. It was the best thing I ever did for my body, too. For the four or so months I did it, I actually lost weight. Not nearly the 15-20lbs the guy in the article lost in a month, but I averaged a steady 1lb or so a week (though it "wooshed" at the end of the month).

All-Meat April? I'd be in. I could use another carnivore challenge to kick my butt back to it.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ooh I kind of like the All-Meat April idea. But kind of hate it. I am of two minds. ;)
    Maybe I'll try it for 3 days first and see how it goes ...
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @Karlottap I return on 20th too. I figure my body roller coasters regardless of variables so might as well kick it off. I like the idea of an egg with breakfast @PaleoInScotland
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

For what it's worth, my May of last year wasn't far off from just hamburger. I think I did bacon and eggs for breakfast, though. It was the best thing I ever did for my body, too. For the four or so months I did it, I actually lost weight. Not nearly the 15-20lbs the guy in the article lost in a month, but I averaged a steady 1lb or so a week (though it "wooshed" at the end of the month).

All-Meat April? I'd be in. I could use another carnivore challenge to kick my butt back to it.

I second both feelings.

::flowerforyou::
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It's funny he mentioned tinkering in Fruitarianism because I definitely got a "30 Bananas a Day" vibe in the title. Maybe "30 Bacons a Day."
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I thought I missed vegetables. I had a veggie blow out today and now I just feel sick. It's back to basics for me until bacon fest '16. I don't think I felt this bad last time I had half a piece of naan bread.

So it looks like my husband is intrigued by this bacon/pork belly premise, he might join me - they are his two favourite things. I told him that I'm banning him from the experiment though if I find empty cereal bowls in the kitchen when I wake up in the mornings. He's a habitual late night carb addict.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Wait! is this a "for real" thing...I see dates flying by....lol If I could cook up some pork belly like I see on some of the food shows, it look like it melts in your melt good, then I would for sure do it...But if you ask my husband, he thinks I already keep the stock high on pork belly as bacon....Hhahaha
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Ladies, whomever has the LOVE of bacon, anyone willing to do a week or month experiment on behalf of the rest of us eager learners? I find sometimes experiments on men do not have the same results with women. Hormones, I guess. I am traveling a lot in next 2 months so not practical for me to do a month. I love bacon but not more than 2 day to max a week worth! So... any bacon loving volunteers for a month? Alternately I am happy to do a bacon week as a fun team event. mmmmmmm bacon

I was wondering what the heck to do for April. Who wants to host it. I could use a break. :wink:

I'd go meatatarian, but my husband is still a veggie pusher. Not worth the drama... Because a grown woman needs someone to police her plate...pffft.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I can jump on the "all meat April" experiment. I can't do bacon exclusively or I'll be the toilet after the third day. But all meat? Shoot, that's almost what I do now. I'm gonna miss cheese, but I can live for a month. On May first, I'd gonna be sucking the cheese out of the udder though.

Does "all meat" literally mean nothing else, not even cream? Because I will need to gird my loins for no cream in coffee.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    This is so eye opening to me about how far I've come. Last year I was getting more into the forums when you all were doing meativore may, I was so intimidated by that. As if it were impossible I couldn't believe anyone could eat only meat for a whole month.

Now I'm thinking, yeah I could totally do this, it'd be so easy!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Would this be ALL meat or meat with meat by-products?(Butter, HWC, eggs, etc)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Does "all meat" literally mean nothing else, not even cream? Because I will need to gird my loins for no cream in coffee.

I would leave that up to each individual to decide. For me, it will mean only meat (ground beef) and no dairy and eggs. I might start earlier than some. We'll see when I get the burger. I also will probably go all the way through the month of April. At the very least, I'll do it for 30 days.

I would not fault you for having dairy. I am going to do this the way Stefansson did his year long experiment.
    47jjf5xiae78.png
    The Fat of the Land (Page 63).

I will exclude eggs and dairy, on my all meat diet. I'll actually do my best to stick to just ground beef. Although, if we wanted, I could also include steaks. But, that hardly seems fair. Especially since the primary amusing part would be 30 days of food logs with only one food on it.

For those strictly attempting it as an "All-Meat April" then I would totally accept dairy and eggs as a meat, as would Stefansson (really). He said those would have been fine, he excluded them simply to "get at the facts." I would also accept light seasonings and some small amount of condiments. I caution that most commercial mayo is a plant oil and would not be a meat. You could make your own from bacon grease, though, and that would be fine. Mayo from bacon grease and egg yolks would be a meat product.

In the end, it's up to you. Just no vegetables, fruits, or plants.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Coffee?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

The BPC would be the hardest part for me too. Especially since I use MCT to not be a scatter brained zombie

Yeah... Hmm. I'll have to think about this. Maybe do research into where else I can get my MCTs from.... Or go without and see how I do. Maybe the ketones are the difference now.

Hmmm.

• karawill84
    karawill84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that hates cooking bacon? Tedious to cook especially if you're making a lot, then you eat the first batch while you're cooking the second .. Or that could be just me :)

Just cook it in the oven ; ) at like 360 for about 20 min...you kinda forget about it and it comes out nicer than frying ;)

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Coffee?

I am keeping the coffee. There is no way I could quit that during the school year.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Up for 21 march bacon week and an all meat April, well at least until mum arrives on 21 April. 21 march to 21 April could be my meat feast. Too much energy wasted if I dont eat at least some green leafy veg when my mum is here. yes, also a grown woman dodging a conflict plus keeping my mum happy.