Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I scuba dive a little (or used to) so you have to do what you have to do. Just be careful and ask locals where your going maybe.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The friends we are going with know the bay intimately. They sold their yacht (we had many fun weekend excursions on the bay in that) a few years ago because they weren't using it enough and were sad they weren't on the water any more, so bought the jet ski.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Well, decided to weigh. Thought I'd better do it rather than keep putting it off! Back to daily weighing now for me.

Not TOO bad I suppose... 167 today (Trendweight says 165.9 but I don't buy that for a second - it's not had data for ages so really isn't accurate). I had hit a low of 161.5 on Dec 4th, but then bounced up again from there for whatever reason... I'm actually lower today than I was on Dec 23rd though! Having said that, I'd not have liked to see what I weighed at the beginning of the week... :o

Definitely looking forward to seeing Trendweight on a downward trend again!

c1c0wemwts2t.png
  • blambo61
    Options
    Get back at it! You will get there.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, thanks for dropping in. Sounds like you have been working extremely hard but had a good break over Christmas and New Year.

Jet skiing sounds fun and I've read that the heatwave is continuing. Stay safe what with the sharks, heat and long route!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    So jealous of your jet ski adventures -- I am living vicariously through you!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Super jealous of where you are because it's -6 here Brrr!!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    So I keep forgetting to weigh! I'm so busy at work that I feel I should have just not taken any time off and worked through - at least then I might have managed to catch up! Sigh...

I weighed on Sunday though and I was down a tiny bit, if I get a chance I will weigh later today...

h7j1rhf15yxs.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    jeanona wrote: »
    Hi Sarah, thanks for dropping in. Sounds like you have been working extremely hard but had a good break over Christmas and New Year.

Jet skiing sounds fun and I've read that the heatwave is continuing. Stay safe what with the sharks, heat and long route!

Thanks! Jet skiing is awesome, and I didn't get eaten by sharks on the weekend, so all is well!
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    So jealous of your jet ski adventures -- I am living vicariously through you!

We are having a blast - I'm totally obsessed!
    Super jealous of where you are because it's -6 here Brrr!!!

Do not be jealous. It is TOO hot and very humid... :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    >>
    Thanks! Jet skiing is awesome, and I didn't get eaten by sharks on the weekend, so all is well!<<
    Ya...tempting but not the way to lose weight! Chomp on a chunk...nope lol :#
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @katjustkat LOL! They need to chomp on some of these trouble spots of mine :D
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear you are well!!

I'd love for them to chomp on mine too haha.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Sharks, hahahaha! Didn’t get out on the water this weekend, the wind was too high and it was far too hot...

Did a ton of cleaning and tidying etc. in our shed/bar/tv/band room over the weekend. There is no a/c in the shed and it was around 38c the whole weekend, which wasn’t exactly pleasant! Got a lot done though and got rid of a fair bit of stuff which is always good.

Darcy went back to work this morning, so it will be easier for me to stick to OMAD now with him not in the house! I’ve been doing ok, but probably having a snack too early which translates to eating more overall in the day. It also means we will go back to daily afternoon walks (when it’s not too hot) so I’ll be getting double the exercise again. Looking forward to getting back to normal and back in a routine.

Well, getting back to normal for a whole week and a half - I head to New Orealns an the 25th for 10 days. I tried so hard to get out of going - I really don’t like losing 2 weeks of my summer! Plus Darcy won’t be going so it won’t be nearly as fun. Ugh.

My weight is finally starting to trend down a tiny bit again, this makes me very happy!! I have to say, on any other “diet” I would have thrown in the towel by now and started eating again. But amazingly, the holiday gain hasn’t really phased me at all. I wasn’t even depressed when I weighed more, I just looked at the number and kind of forgot about it... Crazy stuff. I’ve been kind of looking at it as I expect to gain a bit over the holidays, that’s probably normal and I know I will easily lose the rest of the weight when things get back to usual. Plus, because I’m no longer stressing about a particular day I should weigh a particular weight, I’m not putting a massive amount of pressure on myself. Though, thinking about it now, it sure would be nice to be under 150 by my 50th birthday on the 7th June. That’s only 16 lbs away so possibly doable... Still, not going to stress, if it happens, it happens!

uoi5y4d73m0w.jpeg
  • katjustkat
    Options
    We both did a lot of cleaning! When I clean I make believe I'm moving and ask myself if I want to move whatever I'm debating to keep. It really helps me pitch stuff.
    You got your brain geared towards success so I know 100% you're going to get there. You're a strong lady Sarah :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Under 150 by June 7th, You can do it!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. You've got this!
  • minigrrll
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Darcy back at work and weight moving down again... Coincidence? I think not! Tired of being in the 160s! Have been here since the beginning of November...

Interestingly, with Darcy back at work, I'm on here more often and just generally on the internet more. When he was home if I got bored with work, I'd just go and talk to him. Now if I get bored I have nobody to talk to (at least after all my USA colleagues sign off for the day) so I surf the internet. I think I need to find something more constructive to do with my time! Like some form of exercise. Maybe I'll dust off the kettlebells and put them beside my treadmill and make myself do a minute or two of those before I'm allowed to uselessly surf the web! (Obviously, our OMAD group doesn't count as "uselessly surfing"!)

h6eoiuzkhyw5.png
  • blambo61
    Options
    Nice to get the trend turning! Keep it up!
  • katjustkat
    Options
    You're back on the horse...good job. Yeah...my hubby said he was gonna leave on a bike trip first week of February so I'm looking forward to doing stuff on my own for a bit. Still will have my son but he has said several times that he wants a repetitious meal for dinner. I'm looking forward to big salad dinners...which...really...hubby likes too. but we like some independent time...gives us more to talk about when he gets back home.
    Weights would be good given all the treadmill you accomplish. Does your belt drift a bit on the treadmill desk? Mine drifts slowly from one side to the other....I have to get off and readjust it like 2-3 times in 2 hours. Easy to adjust but a pain having to do it quickly before the 30 seconds are up and then need to restart.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    You're back on the horse...good job. Yeah...my hubby said he was gonna leave on a bike trip first week of February so I'm looking forward to doing stuff on my own for a bit. Still will have my son but he has said several times that he wants a repetitious meal for dinner. I'm looking forward to big salad dinners...which...really...hubby likes too. but we like some independent time...gives us more to talk about when he gets back home.
    Weights would be good given all the treadmill you accomplish. Does your belt drift a bit on the treadmill desk? Mine drifts slowly from one side to the other....I have to get off and readjust it like 2-3 times in 2 hours. Easy to adjust but a pain having to do it quickly before the 30 seconds are up and then need to restart.

It has never ever drifted. I just know I’m going to regret saying this, but I’ve never had a problem at all with it. I know I need to lubricate the belt as I’ve only done that once in the 4 or 5 years I’ve had it, that’s the only maintenance I’ve ever done. Maybe the belt needs tightening or something?