Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everybody! Work has finally calmed down a bit, so nice...

But now of course, we are overloaded with social events. Which is fun, but also tiring! Plus it has just got super hot out.

I went out for lunch yesterday with a friend, ended up drinking too much wine and having to get Darcy to Uber into town to pick me and my car up! Oops... My friend is a very bad influence. I was only going to have lunch and skip dinner, but I ended up having both due to the extra wine... It was totally worth it though.

This weekend we are headed to Darcy’s parents’ for Saturday and Sunday and that is bound to be a food and wine fest also. I think the best I can hope to do is to delay eating as long as possible but just go with the flow...
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great celebration lunch; you earned it! Party time now but...dang all that holiday stuff is def a bit stressful! I still haven't wrapped a thing and I'm still behind on buying any stuff to wrap. Arghhhhhh Hope you have a great time with Darcy and family. happy Holidays :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Stress at my workplace has been rising and reached a peak at the end of the year. Definitely can be a major distraction from ones mission to stay healthy. I'm off for 2 weeks now and looking to totally let go of it, while recharging. Hope you can do the same while enjoying the holidays.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sarah? long time since you've posted. Hope you're doing well.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    What's up Sarah?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Come back Sarah, we miss you!!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Sorry guys! I was taking a technology break over the holidays... Back at work now, so back on the PC... :-(

I hope everybody had an AWESOME holiday and a happy new year!!

It was actually really nice being away from the constant chatter of skype, slack, facebook, email etc. :)

We got a big jet ski for Xmas so have been out on that a fair bit too... Super fun and kind of scary!

OMAD wise, I think I did sort of ok over the holidays - I fasted pretty much every day until at least 3pm. I did have two meals most days though. So I guess I didn't really stick to OMAD!! Plus lots of very late nights with drinks...

I even sat at Xmas breakfast and watched everybody pig out. They had this giant meal of bacon and eggs etc etc and I was actually really glad I wasn't having anything (not that I would have had the meat stuff)... It was 38 degreees C (100 F) on Xmas day so hot food really wasn't something that was on my wish list! The frozen chocolate and cocktails later in the day probably didn't help my weight loss efforts though...

I haven't weighed since before Xmas... Though I just noticed that MyFitnessPal thinks I've lost weight, not sure where it's getting THAT data from - I think my friend my have stepped on my scale earlier (that's the problem with these wifi scales, anybody else who steps on your scale gets recorded and you have go in and delete data after the fact)...

Pretty sure I've gained weight, at least a few lbs. All my clothes still fit though, so that's good. Not going to weigh for a few days to let any water weight have a chance to leave the building! Back to proper OMAD today - really looking forward to getting back to a routine. Unfortunately Darcy is still on vacation until the 15th (SO UNFAIR) and it is definitely more of a challenge when he is in the house. Hopefully he will be able to get back into the fasting also, which will make it way easier on me (he's was doing it for a while but has totally lost the plot over the holidays).

Will catch up on everybody's posts over the next few days!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Welcome back! Jet ski sounds like a blast!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks Bob! I'm a bit obsessed with the Jet ski thing right now... :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice vacation time, sounds like you recharged your batteries. Good to read you again! I get tired of the puter too but I'm on it reading a lot foe my work. Here's to 2018...it's definitely going to be your year! :p
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!
    I had cocktails pretty much daily while on holiday, so I definitely understand that struggle.
    I’m so jealous that you have a new jet ski. I’m trying to convince my fiancé to buy us a kayak. Maybe he will be nice and get one for my birthday.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Glad to here from you, OMAD here we come!!! :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a super fun holiday break!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Nice vacation time, sounds like you recharged your batteries. Good to read you again! I get tired of the puter too but I'm on it reading a lot foe my work. Here's to 2018...it's definitely going to be your year! :p

Yeah, that's my issue - on the PC so much for work. Nice to just get away from it all...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Welcome back!!!
    I had cocktails pretty much daily while on holiday, so I definitely understand that struggle.
    I’m so jealous that you have a new jet ski. I’m trying to convince my fiancé to buy us a kayak. Maybe he will be nice and get one for my birthday.

Yeah, me too - cocktails and Sangria!! I'd love a kayak, but Darcy is too lazy to paddle... :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Glad to here from you, OMAD here we come!!! :)

Woohoo!!

• minigrrll
    Options
    Sounds like a super fun holiday break!

It was pretty awesome thanks... Very hard getting back into the swing of work etc...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    So yesterday I worked in the morning and then we drove out to a dam to play with the jet ski. Super fun, and I didn't eat until around 3-4pm but what I did eat was chips (and beer). And then on the drive back we stopped at some crappy pub for dinner and I had crappy pizza. Total rip off for my meal... Oh well....

Debating weighing today. Might wait until tomorrow because clearly I ingested a lot of salt yesterday. Though I should probably just suck it up and weigh already. It is what it is... :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Are crocodiles a concern?
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Not where we live - they are further north! Sharks are definitely a concern in the ocean, but this was a freshwater dam so nothing (I hope) to kill you! We were pulling the kids on tubes in the dam, probably would be hesitant to do that in the ocean, though tons of people do...

Most of our jet skiing so far has been in the ocean though (and it will be in the future) because we live close to the coast - the dam is 2 hours away so too far to go regularly. We are hopefully (if they wind is light) going to go out to an island in the bay on Sunday and have lunch (well, sparkling water) at a restaurant there that has moorings.

This will probably be our route. It will be the longest distance we have attempted so far and there are definitely sharks in that bay! We are going with friends who have the same ski as us (and who totally conned us into buying ours!) and who are long time sailors, so should all be good.

uzu2e8ensch0.png