Brilliant!!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just returned from a week long trip in Florida. My family and I visited 3 Disney Parks, walked a ton, but also ate lots of food. Fasting went out the window, so it's time to hit the RESET button!

Beginning tomorrow I am back to 16:8 intermittent fasting 6 days per week and OMAD 1 day per week (usually Fridays). 1500 calorie max per day. Here we go!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    All the best Arizona!!! wb!
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    First day back to 16:8 fasting. Man I was hungry when lunch time rolled around. I ended up eating a little over 1900 calories. This is still better than my diet only a few weeks ago. Before fasting I would easily eat an average of 2300-2500 calories each day.

The only real hurdle I've encountered is some constipation. This has made me reflect a little more about the foods that I am consuming. Beginning today I have been intentionally reaching for more fiber in my eating window and drinking more water.
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I don't know what's normal on a fast? I was wondering if I should take some tea that makes you go. Ha ha! Guess it's ok to talk about it!
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in Post!

6/23/17: 200lbs
    Began OMAD/Intermittent fasting on Monday 6/26/17
    6/30/17: 197lbs
    7/07/17: 195lbs
    7/14/17: 198.8 lbs (after spending a week at Disney Parks in Florida and IF went out the window)

Up almost 4 pounds.
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    Well....today marks day 20 of intermittent fasting.

In the last 20 days my weight has fluctuated quite a bit. The scale will move up and down within a 5 pound range daily. The lowest number I have seen on the scale is 195 lbs. This is a 5 pound loss from when I have started (and I'll take it!).

Last week I did spend a week in Florida walking around 3 different Disney parks. I was hoping that with the combination of intermittent fasting and lots of walking that I would lose some where weight. I even thought I felt slimmer by the end of the vacation.

Unfortunately, I didn't lose weight, but now weigh the same as my original weight 20 days ago! This was a disappointment. I am thinking this is due to the large amount of theme park food I consumed (without tracking calories), the sodas I drank and simply being off schedule.

I was still disappointed at the weight gain though. I suppose I will see within the next few days if it is just water weight or if I have truly gained weight.

Also.....something to consider is that perhaps I didn't really lose any weight to begin with? Perhaps through changing my diet that first week, I just ended up losing 5 pounds of water weight?

I am not giving up though. I am still very much enjoying fasting in order to cut calories and eat at a lower range.

So....20 days in the only hurdles I have encountered include gaining some weight after being on vacation and some constipation (which also may have caused some of the weight gain now that I am thinking about it?)

I am reaching for more fiber and water during my eating window. Hopefully this will help!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    When we start OMAD the 1st week there usually is some water/food weight loss. If you have a splurge, you will also retain water and food weight also which will come off in a couple of days of being back on OMAD. Give it a chance the next couple of days and I bet you will drop 2-3 lbs.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    When we start OMAD the 1st week there usually is some water/food weight loss. If you have a splurge, you will also retain water and food weight also which will come off in a couple of days of being back on OMAD. Give it a chance the next couple of days and I bet you will drop 2-3 lbs.

I don't think Arizona is doing OMAD in the sense it's presented in our group. Only one day is OMAD, the other six days are IF 16:8, unless I've missed something since the opening post.

@ArizonaToast, usually the first weight loss, regardless of how one went about it, is water weight. However, that doesn't mean you didn't lose fat over the past month. The gain you had on vacation is more than likely temporary, though and you should drop it fairly soon. :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @ArizonaToast and @gomissfitnes, yes, definitely add more fiber, but you can also try magnesium. I started taking 500mg daily and it rid the constipation over night. I took that same dose for a few weeks and I'm good to go now without it. :-)
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    Hi. Yes, I am doing OMAD 1 day and 16:8 the rest of the 6.
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    @wsandy8512 Thanks for the magnesium suggestion!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @wsandy8512 Thanks for the magnesium suggestion!

You're welcome :-)

• blambo61
    Options
    Hi. Yes, I am doing OMAD 1 day and 16:8 the rest of the 6.

Got it! Are you interested in doing more OMAD days?
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    Eventually, yes. I find 16:8 to be easier than OMAD, but plan to work my way up to more than one OMAD day.
  • blambo61
    Options
    16:8 is easier, but more OMAD days will surely help. Good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    16:8 is NOT the same as OMAD, bear in mind. It's good for some, depending on your goal/needs, but the OMAD I presented will be superior for losses in that insulin levels will be lower all-round. Otherwise, if you are getting too much over an 8-hour timeframe, you will just maintain or else hover.
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    You're right, omad and 16:8 are not the same and omad is more bang for your buck. I am doing what I need to make my diet work for me.
  • ArizonaToast
    Options
    Day 21 of intermittent fasting.....

Well...I didn't do any fasting today. Actually I binged most of the day.

I kept thinking "eat as much as you can because tomorrow you are going to start fasting again"!

My weight is consistently reading 200 pounds. Is it possible I have already gained back the five pounds that I have lost?

Or did I really lose the weight to begin with?

I ate more food today than I have in a while and I'm going to bed with a growling stomach!

I will try again tomorrow to follow 16:8 and 1300-1500 calories. My designated OMAD day is Friday.

On a positive note though...eating breakfast first thing this morning helped with the constipation I've been complaining about.

I also feel the need to justify why I am hanging out in an OMAD group when really I seem to be practicing intermittent fasting. I am more of an OMAD wanna be but have not taken the full leap to doing it every day.

Also, I have found this group to be much more active and supportive than other groups on MFP . I hope that it is still okay for me to participate in this group and offer my support and encouragement.