TEAM: Run Track Minds (January)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Merry Christmas & Hapy New Year!
    Wish you have a successful 2018! =)
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • Jaynee1961
    Jaynee1961 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’m ready for this.
  • carawilson1
    carawilson1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Team run track minds for the win.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Casey0911
    Casey0911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    B) yayyyy
  • jaygirl3
    Options
    yayyyy we are in for the win!
  • CeliaGeorge1952
    CeliaGeorge1952 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve Eve to all!
  • barbiedol46
    barbiedol46 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: barbiedol46
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 194.8
    Today's Weight: 196.8

Too many treats
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    Posted in December...thought i better post here as well...

Can u all believe it's New Years Eve? Ha ha...I'm a poet and didn't even know it!!! Lol

So how are you all bring in the New Year???

We have a small party at friends house...this is our 8th year doing it...some of the griends have come and gone, new ones added but the the original 4 are still going strong...
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Run Track Minds!

My name is Kris (@DreamPhedre) and I'll be your team captain for January! I've been a part of this group for a few months now and really appreciate how awesome everyone is at encouraging each other, and helping each other stay on track with whatever goals they have. I've personally found the accountability of this group to be super helpful.

I hope everyone has had a fantastic end to 2017 and are ready to get going in 2018!!

If you need help please msg me directly, or just tag me ( @ DreamPhedre with no space).

I'll be posting a mini-challenge later today to get us started for the New Year!

• jaygirl3
    Options
    Username: jaygirl3
    PW: 240lbs
    Wk 1: 232lbs
  • luvmy4girlz
    luvmy4girlz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone! I'm looking forward to this challenge. I just started my weight loss journey late in 2017 and am hoping this challenge will help kickstart my success for 2018!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    jaygirl3 wrote: »
    Username: jaygirl3
    PW: 240lbs
    Wk 1: 232lbs

Welcome @jaygirl3 Fantastic start to the New Year!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    Username: barbiedol46
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 194.8
    Today's Weight: 196.8

Too many treats

@barbiedol46 Happens to the best of us! This week you'll rock it!
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    Posted in December...thought i better post here as well...

Can u all believe it's New Years Eve? Ha ha...I'm a poet and didn't even know it!!! Lol

So how are you all bring in the New Year???

We have a small party at friends house...this is our 8th year doing it...some of the griends have come and gone, new ones added but the the original 4 are still going strong...

Happy New Year! Hope your New Years was fun .... we also had a small get together at a friends place which was awesome.
  • DreamPhedre
    Options
    Welcome to January Run Track Minds!

I am going to be running the (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Question of the Week and Daily Check In Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in these challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. (If you take the attitude that "this is not what I signed up for", that is up to you). I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own. It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

My commitment to this group is to post my daily results for this accountability tracking (and help out where I can).

Which should look like this:
    Daily Post
    Date: (Tell us a brief description about your day or goals)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Water Intake: how many ounces? (optional--but good to help keep track)

Please post your weight on your weigh day as scheduled, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!! Your post should look like this:

Username:
    Week: January Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Looking forward to having a great month with everyone! If you have any questions please let me know!
  • jaygirl3
    Options
    so much for new year resolutions. ended up eating 500 calories over. hmmph! hopefully tommorow would be better
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,739 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes at my target, but not under
    Exercise: Yes... 20 min Yoga & 5 minutes Stretching
    Water Intake: 48 ounces

Happy New Year!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,739 Member
    Options
    Username: jm2167