Britt’s Flirty at Thirty OMAD Journey

Options
brittdee88
brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
I really wish I could delete threads, but I hope this will truly be my last!
I am no longer focused on entering maintenance on my 30th birthday, but I am determined to get there by the first day of summer (June 21) and wear my first real bikini! I want to take it easier by allowing more time to break my diet mindset and to continue to make progress towards being binge-free and consistent with eating and exercise, but I also like having a stopping point to light a bit of a fire under me.
I won’t be at my absolute best on my 30th, but I can guarantee that I will be on the upward slope. I have learned so much from this community and am proud of what I have been able to accomplish since joining. I look forward to more success in 2018, finally ending this lifelong battle, and entering maintenance once and for all at Flirty Thirty!

The Plan
FAA-compliant OMAD with planned splurge meals on specific days (must be pre-planned unless something beyond my control arises)
HIIT on MWF
Resistance training on TThS
Active rest on Sundays
Official weigh-ins on Thursdays

Starting weight (1/1/18): 156.6
Maintenance goal: 135 or below
Days to go: 171

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Work that plan!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'll be following along and offering support, You can do it!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, Bob and Brenda!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea to give yourself time. You will do fine and I will be here cheering you along.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, Tracey!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    1/1
    Weight: 156.6
    Exercise: 10-minute HIIT
    OMAD at 5:15PM:
    eu5wioqutyb5.jpeg

Note to self: Getting to eat 6 oz of potatoes is so much better than a 1-cup serving of rice volume-wise and much less calorie- and carb-laden. Less bloating today with potatoes than with rice - might have a rice sensitivity.
  • blambo61
    Options
    How did the HIIT feel? Sounds like you did it fasted. Did you do it at the end of the fast or in the mornings?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have to say, I'm pretty jealous that you are figuring all this out so young... :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wowsie...yummy & healthy meal. You are such a busy young lady, I think that OMAD is a positive in your life as it's simple and gives you less 'on your plate'. Great job on keeping it all together.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @blambo61 I did it about 5 hours before I ate because I thought we would be leaving town for a day trip that eventually got canceled. It wasn’t too bad because I was able to distract myself with the Chapelle Show marathon and then decided to wash my hair, but I was definitely hungry. I have been drinking green tea right before exercise, and that’s really been giving me energy and focus, but I think I will still stick to working out no more than an hour before I want to break my fast. I think I can make that work even when school starts back up by using the university’s gym.

@minigrrll thank you! I’ve been on some sort of a diet since I was 5, so I really don’t feel young in that sense, but you’re definitely right. My mom is almost 62, and she still yo-yoes — she has been for most of her life. I’m really determined to break that and keep it off this time so I can convince her that I am not crazy for following this. She has seen me get super low and then balloon back up like she has been doing for years and rightfully assumes anything I try will just be a temporary quick fix. She still sends me and follows random “lose 15 pounds in 3 days” diet plans. I know OMAD/IF and FAA would work for her, so I really have to prove it and hope she follows suit.

@katjustkat thank you! I’m really trying to get this plan together before school starts back up again. I figure it makes the most sense to do the trial and error while I have time than to try to do it when things get hectic again.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Flirty at Thirty <3
  • brittdee88
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1/2
    Weight: 154.8 (-1.8/21.6)
    Exercise: 15-minute body weight resistance training workout
    OMAD at 4:15PM:
    w1dqmcefl124.jpeg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @minigrrll thank you! I’ve been on some sort of a diet since I was 5, so I really don’t feel young in that sense, but you’re definitely right. My mom is almost 62, and she still yo-yoes — she has been for most of her life. I’m really determined to break that and keep it off this time so I can convince her that I am not crazy for following this. She has seen me get super low and then balloon back up like she has been doing for years and rightfully assumes anything I try will just be a temporary quick fix. She still sends me and follows random “lose 15 pounds in 3 days” diet plans. I know OMAD/IF and FAA would work for her, so I really have to prove it and hope she follows suit.

Yeah, I've been on diets forever too and yo-yo'd up and down. For 20 more years than you though, sigh... So tiring! That would be awesome for your mom - I hope you can persuade her...

• blambo61
    Options
    You might get away with doing HIIT in the mornings and still not get too hungry later. Or maybe do it at lunch time. I know an hour of cardio will make me very hungry a few hours later.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good job on the plan so far.

I like how you're incorporating workouts in your journal. I'm like Bob. I get too hungry during and after workouts and usually have to have a snack before workouts, otherwise the workout suffers.

Have a good day today :smiley:
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @minigrrll Man, yo-yoing/dieting truly does suck, and it is SO hard to break that mindset. I know you wish you had started while you were younger, but I bet you are feeling so much liberation now!

@blambo61 I think the later I can do any type of cardio, the better. I seem to get hungry almost immediately, so I will likely just get those workouts in at the end of my fast. I wasn't hungry after resistance training, though, so I may do that in the mornings to start my day.

@jeanona Thank you, and likewise! I am finding that the green tea is really helping pre-workout. I think because my workouts are short, it gives me just enough energy to get through them without needing food, but then I definitely have to eat shortly after.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    1/3
    Weight: 152.8 (-3.8/21.6)
    Exercise: 20-minute HIIT
    OMAD at 4:45PM:
    5covm3fves8e.jpg

• blambo61
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @minigrrll Man, yo-yoing/dieting truly does suck, and it is SO hard to break that mindset. I know you wish you had started while you were younger, but I bet you are feeling so much liberation now!

@blambo61 I think the later I can do any type of cardio, the better. I seem to get hungry almost immediately, so I will likely just get those workouts in at the end of my fast. I wasn't hungry after resistance training, though, so I may do that in the mornings to start my day.

@jeanona Thank you, and likewise! I am finding that the green tea is really helping pre-workout. I think because my workouts are short, it gives me just enough energy to get through them without needing food, but then I definitely have to eat shortly after.

I think you just need to experiment and find out what works. I change my plans a lot also but I don't think that is a bad thing as long as progress is being made.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow weight is really coming off fassssst, you must be smiling :)
    PS...Don't ever feel like you need to respond to me...I know it takes a lot of extra time and you are verrrrry busy. Feel free to ask me anything tho LOL <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @blambo61 I agree!
    @katjustkat don't be silly! I'm not too busy for my OMAD fam <3