Happy B-day!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY ;)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, everyone! I can't believe I am 30!
    After 3 days of amazingness (my surprise was that my fiance flew in 4 of my friends to help me celebrate!), I am up to 156.2. I definitely ate and drank all day everyday for those 3 days (not hard when you have 4 people buying you drinks and needing meals to soak them up), so I am not surprised at all. January will be a bust in terms of real weight loss, but I generally accept that since the holidays and my birthday are pretty close together. I do want to get back on the losing track, though, so I am tweaking my plan to ensure compliance and consistency for the remainder of my weight loss journey with new knowledge of my hunger/food needs.

MWF (8-hour IF + 2MAD):
    HIIT at/around noon
    Large post-HIIT meal
    Small LC meal at/around 8

TTh (Protein + OMAD):
    Resistance training at/around noon
    Post-workout shake or bar
    OMAD at/around 4

SS (OMAD):
    Yoga in the morning
    OMAD

I will be back to FAA meals when I finish off the small birthday cake my fiance bought from this fancy cake boutique (probably by next week's weigh-in).
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a really awesome birthday celebration. I like your new plan and look forward to reading about your progress.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, @tlblanksfit! I think this will work best for me now that I am fully committed to working out and want to make sure I am eating enough!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Happy belated Birthday!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an awesome fiancé and sounds like you had a great time... :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, @sammygold2015 and @minigrrll!
  • brittdee88
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Fellow OMADers, my new plan still didn't provide enough food to fuel my hunger after working out yesterday. Again, I was starving about 5 hours after my OMAD. I think that if I could eat a large volume in one meal like I used to, OMAD would work out fine, but I just can't eat that way anymore and am not getting enough calories. I'm not complaining, though -- I am thrilled that I can't shovel in the food anymore like when I was binging near-daily.
    I will be moving to weekend OMAD since those are my rest days.
    My new plan borrows some from FAA and some advice from other forums and is as follows:

M-F
    ~ 12:00 - HIIT/Resistance training
    ~ 12:30-12:45 - FAA dinner meal (protein, veggies, starch, fat)
    ~ 4:30 - FAA lunch meal (protein, veggies, fat)
    ~ 8:30 - Unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
    Protein bar 30 minutes before bed

I don't want to confuse any newbies, so I will just come in to post my official weigh-ins on Thursdays and my OMADs on the weekends. I will still be reading and cheering you all along!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, Britt!

Good luck with the new plan. It looks very workable. I can imagine the difficulty sticking to OMAD when you simply can't eat enough on the meal (wish I had moved on to having difficulty!).
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Wishing you well on the new program. Looking forward to your updates.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, @jeanona and @tlblanksfit!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    That was a nice surprise for your birthday, he sounds like a really sweet guy!!! I hope this new plan works for you o:)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, @Brendalea69! Yeah, I guess I will keep him around ;)
  • brittdee88
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The new plan worked PERFECTLY yesterday. I felt completely satiated even with the increased hunger I experience during my period as well as on HIIT days. I also managed to drop 1.6 lbs overnight, so at least I am heading back in the right direction. I think this will be it for me! I definitely was not eating enough -- I tracked yesterday's food and ate just shy of 1000 calories, which means I was probably severely undereating on OMAD. This is fine for my weekend rest days but definitely not during the week. In eating more meals, I was also able to meet more nutrition markers (mainly fiber and magnesium, which have been consistently low for me when not following a plant-based diet.)
    I have also decided to weigh only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from now on. The scale isn't really motivating me much anymore -- I want to see inches lost/body changes and strength gained. I bought a bunch of jeans from a closeout sale in size 8 since my 10s are really loose now, and I can fit into them! I even went completely bold and bought my first pair of white jeans that I cannot wait to wear soon! I still reach for my 10s when I am really bloated (ie. now), but I hope to be firmly in a size 8 regardless of bloat by the end of next month.

Official weigh-in (1/25/18): 155.2
    Weeks to Maintenance: 21 - this is the first week where I am close to needing to lose a full pound each week to reach goal on time, so I am happy I have figured out a sustainable plan and am kicking things back into gear!
    bvn0gghb6f9m.png
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Awesome!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Great work Britt, way to bounce back, figure out what works and work it. The last two days were not good for me. We have a brownie bug in my house and I just couldn't stop eating them. I am back up to 156 today but am doing a fast day today and hope to be at least back to 154 for my official weigh in tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to getting back on plan. Resistance is key because I can't get away from the bad stuff in my house.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @Brendalea69 thank you!
    @tlblanksfit brownies are SO hard to resist! They're so good! There is this guy who blogs at Big Man's World who makes healthy low carb desserts-- maybe the key is to recreate instead of resist. That might help. I have never made any of his recipes, but he has a huge following.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I will be sure to check him out. I do believe I have a low carb brownie recipe. I will have to make those for me and let everyone else eat the not so healthy but oh so good kind.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    That is definitely what I would do! I know I used to make two versions when I first developed my wheat allergy. I didn't care so much about their "normal" brownies when I had my own :)