Britt’s Flirty at Thirty OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1/12
    Post-SD Weight (hopefully accurate): 152.8 (-3.8/21.6)
    Exercise: 20-minute HIIT
    OMAD at 6:30PM:
    hod191xzo3zb.jpg
    Looks kind of gross, but it is a shrimp quesadilla without the tortilla.
    Not pictured: a side order of potatoes
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I can't open up the link to see the picture :(
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I just changed it to put it straight into the post. It's not much to look at, though!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I can't open up the link to see the picture :(

Nevermind It's showing up now :p
  • brittdee88
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I wasn't supposed to weigh while on my trip, but my friend has a nice scale that I think is accurate since she has been using it during her pregnancy and confirming at the doctor's office. I was able to weigh post-SD and this morning, but I won't be able to again until Tuesday since I know my parents' scale is always horribly inaccurate.
    After getting straight back to OMAD yesterday, I am back down to 150.3 (-2.5), so I am super happy. I usually only see that type of loss after a water fast, and I was determined not to do that because I know it is not sustainable for me in the future, and I don't want to start a cycle of eating a lot and then fasting as if I am punishing myself as I have done in the past. I think that might be a trigger for me. Anyway, I think the exercise really helped with getting it back off faster, especially because it wasn't a resistance training day.
    I am not planning to go through with today's non-FAA meal after all since I am fairly certain the cake/cupcakes will not be gluten-free anyway. Since we are going to an actual cidery in a hipster city, I think I can score a dry cider without added sugar, which would put me in compliance with my version of FAA (I allow alcohol without added sugar while the plan does not).

ETA: Just found out that this cidery doesn't add sugar to any of their ciders!!!! YESSSSSS!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting back down, Britt.

The binge and restrict cycle is all too familiar with me. I would binge, then fast and go hard on exercise as a punishment. Glad you can see through this. Did you enjoy your cider :)?
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Nice work :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting back down! BTW, I know I’m responding to something you said a few days ago, but I do actually usually weigh every day. I just took a weighing break over the holidays (actually kept forgetting as I wasn’t in my usual routine and then didn’t want to face the music!). I’m trying to get back to daily weighing again. Hopefully this week I will remember every day, now that Darcy has gone back to work and things are back to normal!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    Sorry I haven't updated! I will be posting tonight while at the airport.
    Happy MLK Day!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Happy MLK Day to you also! Safe travels, looking forward to your post.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Happy MLK Day indeed! So that's why all our government/CDC clients aren't working today... I was going to look it up - can't keep track of the different holidays between countries...
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Happy MLK day ladies. Britt I bet you're excited to get back in your very own kitchen <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Hi, everyone!!!
    I’m finally back from my trip, and it was a complete whirlwind! From splurge day to multiple celebrations with treats (baby shower and unexpected early birthday celebrations with my parents and friends while visiting), I only managed to follow OMAD once. I did stick to an eating window almost everyday, and I got in all of my workouts with the exception of missing yoga on Sunday. I don’t have pictures, but I had lots of yummy food (including gluten-free treats that were made especially for me at everything!). I am undoubtedly up on the scale, but I don’t mind all that much because I had a blast just living and enjoying time with loved ones. I didn’t eat anywhere near how much I ate over the holidays because I was eating pretty freely but still remained somewhat cognizant of portions and didn’t allow myself to eat all day. I didn’t let the guilt of not being perfect get me down, and I am so proud of myself for sticking to exercise while away. This upcoming weekend is actually my 30th birthday weekend, so I know it will be another round of celebrating. At this point, I have decided not to try to over-plan on special occasions like these. They don’t come around all that often, and I figure that as long as I stick to exercising and making my best attempts at following OMAD/IF while away, I am satisfied. I know that I will be up on the scale afterwards, but I know how to get back down and will spend the majority of my time complying with my WOE. I finally feel like a “normal” person who follows a plan on a day-to-day but allows non-perfection when necessary. That seems like the most sustainable way to live, and it is definitely much more enjoyable than planning to be perfect, freaking out when I’m not, and binging as a result as I have in the past. After next weekend, I am home free on special occasions and trips until late February when we will be on vacation. After that, there is nothing special going on until the summer, so I will have plenty of time to meet my goal. The goal date is definitely helping me to be a bit easier on myself by allowing for more freedom/slower losses, but it is also still motivating me with a deadline. I am not planning to weigh this week because I had some treats and my period is also arriving on Thursday. I will be back on track with OMAD (non-FAA because I brought back gluten-free pre-birthday brownies!) from tomorrow until this weekend, and I will continue exercising. After my birthday festivities, I will be back on track completely for at least a month.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great outlook! I'm happy that you had such a fantastic trip.

It's good to be back and to have a plan for not freaking out with an all or nothing approach. I'm sure you will be fine for this week and the next few weeks. You do have to enjoy your birthday :) but nothing says that it needs to be about food only :wink:
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Sounds like you did awesome! It's so much better to enjoy life and not feel guilty about food. I think that IF really allows you to do that. Maybe you can't always do OMAD, but it's pretty easy to stick to some kind of fasting and eating windows.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @jeanona you are definitely right! Definitely doesn't need to be all about food at all!
    @minigrrll I agree! I can always count on skipping breakfast because I never want it, and I can always make it past lunchtime, so IF is kind of a permanent part of my life now.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    1/16
    Exercise: 10-minute upper body resistance band workout
    OMADish at 8:30PM (I did have a small starfruit and a baby apple a professor brought in from her trees to hold me over because I was getting a serious headache but couldn't eat earlier because of all-day class):
    zfxny6q6w6zi.jpg
    p6vinhftqpam.jpg
    Not pictured: a gluten-free birthday brownie
  • brittdee88
    Options
    1/17
    Exercise: 30-minute HIIT
    OMADish at 5:15PM:
    hhuudoe3so3q.jpg
    I realized after the fact that Rocher is not gluten-free :( , so I gave those away to my fiance and had a birthday brownie instead. I only took a few swigs of the tea.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! glad you had a fabulous time. Your meals look yummy again although the last one pictured looks tiny lol. Son is drinking the protein powder you told me about a while back. He's having it for breakfast on the way to school. 22 grams of protein in a scoop is a good deal. Thanxxx for the tip again :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @katjustkat thank you! That meal does look small volume-wise, but it was full of fatty tuna and avocado, so I was actually very satisfied after. It's a spicy tuna poke bowl! I am happy that he is liking the - I love it! I always have it immediately after my HIIT workouts, and it makes a huge difference.