Britt’s Flirty at Thirty OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    New plan is still working out very nicely. I weighed in at 152.4 today (I thought today was Saturday -- sick brain!).
    Since I am sick, I am going to do a very low impact HIIT for today. Thankfully the sickness came at the end of the week so it isn't messing up my exercise goals. This weekend will be yoga and OMAD.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss. It looks like you are settling into your plan and it is working out great for you. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Feel better soon o:)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss. Absolutely no harm in tweaking plans to improve on them!

Hope you recover soon. All of us seem to be down with illness at the same time!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're sick Britt :( You've had a lot of food/friend/celebration outings lately...you've done very well in spite of all of it. Happy 30th Birthday! You're still a super young chickie <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
    I am starting to feel a bit better, but I can't wait until this completely passes. So annoying being sick and on my period, too!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Today's weigh-in: 151.6

Yesterday was an unintentional OMAD day due to decreased appetite and no motivation to cook.
    Eaten around 3:45 PM:
    mckgnpfoc80s.jpg
    Not pictured: protein bar

I still have half the yucca left, so I will eat that today.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    You'll be back into the 140's soon :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I sure hope so, @Brendalea69! My original goal was to end January at 149, and I am somehow still hoping that is possible.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    1/27
    Weight: 151.6
    Active rest: 15-minute restorative yoga sequence (this actually helped me feel better temporarily, so I will probably do a longer sequence tomorrow)
    Non-FAA OMAD eaten around 2:30 PM (Saturday is my free meal day):
    is5a32d9b712.jpg
    Not pictured: gluten-free cookies and a little ice cream. After having half a scoop, I definitely have no desire to make dairy a regular part of my diet any longer (especially while sick!), but I really needed something cold. I am going to give the other half to my fiance and grab some coconut milk ice cream if I want some for next week's free meal.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I see 149 in your near future definitely before 1 February.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @tlblanksfit I sure hope so. This sick/period bloating is driving me crazy, though. I may do an LC OMAD tomorrow to try to get rid of some of it. It might be a good thing to do from now on anyway since my free meals are on Saturdays.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    So much for only weighing three times a week, but I'm happy to report I came in at 150.4 this morning. I hopped on today without even thinking. I know that since I have accepted the fluctuations I will see while exercising that daily weighing won't cause any undue stress as it has in the past, but I still don't see the point in doing so everyday now that I know my weight pattern.

My period is finally over and my illness is breaking up, so my bloating has subsided quite a bit. I am actually thinking of just returning to business as usual with a regular FAA OMAD today as intended when I created my new plan. I don't think I like the thought of having a free meal and then "correcting" it with LC as if it is some sort of punishment. I can see that becoming problematic in the future (ie. "let me eat as many carbs and sugar as possible today because tomorrow I can't have any." This will undoubtedly lead to binges for me). FAA is already a lower carb WOE so I think I just need to stick to that. I can make adjustments in the future if needed, but I think I would like to get in at least a few weeks of compliance to my new plan before switching things up again.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I hope you get into the 140's next week and I'm sure you will if you stick to your FAA plan...Good luck o:)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @brendalea69 I really hope to see 149 or below by my next WI on Tuesday. Our vacation is in about 3 weeks, and I would love to be back to pre-holiday weight (146) by then!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    1/28
    Weight: 150.4
    Active rest: 20-minute restorative yoga sequence
    OMAD at 4:00 PM:
    v3w9xwcm8scj.jpeg

• brittdee88
    Options
    Another unintentional OMAD day today. I did do a 25-minute HIIT but it was very low impact, and my sickness is still impacting my hunger even though I am almost on the other side. I had the same meal as yesterday (around 3:00 PM), but I have a feeling my normal hunger will be resurfacing tomorrow.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Doing well, Britt :) You stepping on the scale today? :wink:

Listening to your body's hunger cues is a good thing for long term. We get hungrier on some days and that's okay.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @jeanona I did! Weighed in at 148.8 today :# And I think you're right. I'm going to try to eat a more calorie dense meal that's still fairly low volume (ie. added more fat!) since I don't think I will be able to eat more than one meal again today. I think that may be a solution since FAA is fairly low fat. I may still need the yogurt later, so I have that in the wings, but I am thinking if I add more fat that I might not need the second meal moving forward.