Britt’s Flirty at Thirty OMAD Journey

Options
15678911»

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    We <3 you Britt! Hoping for your sake that life calms down a bit...I don't handle stress very well, so I feel your pain.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sugar or reducing it should help a lot IMO. Especially with intuitive eating. I think eating sugar causes a lot of hunger.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @mistymeadows2005! I love you all, too!!! And I agree - stress is a real killer. I ended up dropping HIIT because it was sending my already heightened cortisol through the roof, and I am feeling MUCH better. I am doing a gentler form of cardio/strength 6 days a week now, and it is working really well!
    @blambo61 you are absolutely right! Once you get through the first few days when your body is like "WHERE TF IS THE SUGAR??" the cravings/heightened hunger pretty much disappear. I am down 6 pounds with eating intuitively without added sugar, and I feel amazing! They were pounds I gained during the whirlwind that was February, but I am so happy to see them gone again.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Intuitive Eating is working great for you, KUTGW :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, Brenda!
  • blambo61
    edited March 2018
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, @mistymeadows2005! I love you all, too!!! And I agree - stress is a real killer. I ended up dropping HIIT because it was sending my already heightened cortisol through the roof, and I am feeling MUCH better. I am doing a gentler form of cardio/strength 6 days a week now, and it is working really well!
    @blambo61 you are absolutely right! Once you get through the first few days when your body is like "WHERE TF IS THE SUGAR??" the cravings/heightened hunger pretty much disappear. I am down 6 pounds with eating intuitively without added sugar, and I feel amazing! They were pounds I gained during the whirlwind that was February, but I am so happy to see them gone again.

I notice the day after a low carb day, fasting is much easier for me. Today was one of those. I don't do very low carb though and only do LC maybe one day a week (before weigh-in). I think fruit with the fiber, beans, a little bit of whole grains are just fine. I'm not cutting those out on most days, but I do think the refined sugar is the major culprit and needs to be limited (not completely cause it's too yummy but not a lot of it).
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I agree! I just cut out the added sugar but am still eating foods that naturally contain sugar like fruits, veggies, and dairy!
  • blambo61
    edited March 2018
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I agree! I just cut out the added sugar but am still eating foods that naturally contain sugar like fruits, veggies, and dairy!

If you eat home-made yogurt or cheese, the sugars have been eaten up by the bacteria and you can get the dairy in without the carbs. I've got some "never-ending" yogurt going on that I really like. It was supposed to be never ending butter-milk but it tastes like yogurt to me.

Buy 1/2-gallon of buttermilk, bake with it or pour it down the sink except for about 1/2 a cup of it (it is not fit for human consumption IMO :s ). Fill the container back up with regular milk, shake to mix it up with the little bit of remaining butter milk and then set in a warm place overnight (I put in on the heater vent in the kitchen floor) and in the morning you will have a pour-able yogurt. When the container is about empty just refill with milk and repeat. That easy! Were on about our 6th or seventh batch of doing this with just the first starter used (my wife did use the buttermilk for some baking I believe). Cheap way to have yogurt and without all the sugar they put back in the store bought stuff and you get all the good bacteria and the benefits those provide! I like to mix it with fruit for a smoothie or just drink it plain or add a little bit of homemade jam to it for flavor (that does have a little bit of sugar)!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the intuitive eating! I think that’s one of the best methods for long term weight management. Hope your stress level has reduced for you.

And yes, relosing is a real pain!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Love the new picture, @brittdee88. Beautiful!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    Love the new picture, @brittdee88. Beautiful!

I agree, Beautiful!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    DITTO! Great new picture!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Really like the new picture.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Love that intuitive eating is working so well for you.. I'm terrible at it - my intuition pretty much tells me to eat all the time, lol....
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Love that intuitive eating is working so well for you.. I'm terrible at it - my intuition pretty much tells me to eat all the time, lol....

My intuition is eat 5000kcals/day! I used to be able to do that and not get fat but not any more!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments, everyone!
    I moved while I was away and didn't really stick to anything or care to honestly. I didn't binge but I did some comfort eating when I wasn't really hungry, had some days when I couldn't eat at all, etc. Basically, I have been all over the place. I got back to intuitive eating yesterday now that I am pretty much settled in my new place, which was OMAD and a grapefruit when I got hungry again before bed. If you all will have me, I'd like to stick around here even though I tend to need a small snack outside of my meal when eating intuitively (largely because I just cannot eat past the point of satisfaction anymore like I used to during my big meal). I am not picking up rigorous exercise again until my stress levels reduce and stabilize for a while, which I hope will be at some point in the summer. Since I will be less active, I will not need more than OMAD. I want to get back on this journey and see it through to the end.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome here Britt.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Of course we'll have you, welcome back :)<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    We love having you here Britt :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Of course we want you back. I've never been a one plate guy and have eaten in a four hour window for my whole weight loss journey. This isn't an all or nothing thing. That is my deviation. I think some deviations are just fine and if they work they work. If not then migrate closer to the stricter OMAD rules tell it is working for you!