Britt’s Flirty at Thirty OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I did not end up feeling hungry again yesterday, so it was another unintentional OMAD day. It's so strange how I wasn't starving like usual on a HIIT day! I wonder if the real issue I was having was forcing that meal within an hour of working out? I had my protein bar right after working out, but then I didn't get hungry and have my meal until about 4.5 hours later. Very odd. Down to 148.6 today, which is just 2.4 shy of pre-holiday weight. I am hoping to see that weight again before we leave for vacation on the 16th.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    It seems that you are listening to your body and it is rewarding you by releasing the weight. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be sure to meet your goal.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I sure hope so, @tlblanksfit! I seem to still only want to eat once a day, so that's why I'm still hanging around here with you lovely people since I am still unintentionally OMADing. I guess my body really didn't like me eating when it wasn't hungry (which should be a no-brainer, but here I am...). My appetite has calmed down so much in only a couple of days despite the exercise! This is definitely the way to go for me :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @blambo61 I am usually never hungry in the morning, so I was so confused! Breakfast always made me sick, so I have been skipping it since high school with a few exceptions here and there. The most I've done is had a late breakfast/brunch, and even that has been very occasional. I am always thirsty when I wake up, though! I am one of the lucky ones whose thirst doesn't seem to ever feel like hunger for some reason. Or maybe because I am fused to a glass 24/7, I just never get to that feeling... Sorry - I am rambling!

@Brendalea69 thank you!

Your good! My problem is I get hungry all the time. Not as much with fasting, but i have an appetite. I love breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and grazing after! If I ate according to when I'm hungry, i would gain a lot of weight.

I think we eat for various reasons:
    1. hunger feelings
    2. boredom
    3. stress
    4. being tired and need to keep going
    5. depression
    6. possible psychological issues
    7. et

I think my problem in the past has been 1, 2, 3 and 4. I think my hunger regulation system doesn't quite work right and it is really easy for me to eat when I'm bored or very stressed at work or if I'm really tired. If I'm ever feeling bummed, I don't eat and don't want to eat. I have not had to deal with binging or anything like that fortunately. I grew up very lean and skinny and often would often over-eat trying to gain weight (was futile) and was proud of how much I could eat. I probably developed some not-so good habits with that. I was at a good weight until I went to grad school while working full time and would eat chips/salsa or icecream at night while doing homework in my early 30's. Then boredom or stress at work and the snack bar didn't help either (I should have bought stock in twix and grandma's cookies!). Everyone is a bit different I think and we have to figure out what works for us. Fasting has been great for me and my eating personality! I think I'm rambling now!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think listening to your body’s cues are important.

Not just hunger cues but also, how you feel - energetic/tired, happy/sad, comfort levels etc. If you feel good, that generally means your plan is working well.

Sounds like you’re getting there Britt!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @blambo61 ramble on! It's always interesting reading about other people's stories and inspiring to see their determination!
    @jeanona good point! Thank you!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I was hungrier yesterday and ate 2 meals and a snack. As decided, I am not weighing in today.
    Things are going well otherwise, and I am happy :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Gonna take a short break from MFP besides logging my workouts and weekly weigh-ins in for my challenges. I spend a lot of time on here, and I need a bit of an internet pause so I can focus on school over the 10 or so days before our vacation. Since I was out sick for a week, I am a bit behind and need to catch up or I won't be able to relax. It will also be my first time following IE on vacation (at an all-inclusive resort with unlimited food and drinks no less!), so I am interested in seeing how that goes. I will be back by or before February 20th.
    See you all soon!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Understood Britt, take care of what you need to take care of. We will be here when you get back, but know that you will be missed.

I believe you will do fine while on vacation, but if not you have the tools to get back when you return.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You’re going great! See ya when you get back...
  • jeanona
    Options
    Hope you see this post soon.

Good luck Britt! Stick to plan and you’ll be alright :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good luck! School is a challenge. Wish you the best.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Hi, everyone:
    Said I would be back and here I am.
    In the past couple of weeks, my life has completely changed for the worse, and I have been coping with near-daily exercise. As such, OMAD hasn't been working for me to adequately fuel my workouts or to reduce my stress. I am happy to say that I have maintained my binge-free streak, which I never would've thought possible in the past during such a stressful time, but I just need to eat more. I am now not as focused on weight loss as I am on my exercise performance. I do not care about meeting my weight goal by a certain deadline, and that goal might even change as I am becoming happier with my body each day due to the changes I am seeing with exercise. I am going back to the basics: weighing once or twice a month, eating 3 square meals a day, and calorie counting twice a week to prep for two menus. I am also considering making March a sugar-free month to combat cravings once and for all. I will likely be moving into a new apartment next week, so it will be nice to make a fresh start all around.
    I will still be around to cheer you all on, though I haven't spent much time on the community side. Once I am in a better place mentally, I will catch up with everyone. <3
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Britt, I am sorry you are going through right now. I hope things get better for you soon. I am happy to hear that you are still in a good place with your health plan and are working out and using the plan that is best for you. You take care of you and we will be here whenever you are ready.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a tough time darling! Thank you for keeping us updated...we're always here to support and encourage :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hope everything gets better quickly! <3
  • blambo61
    Options
    School can be rough, been there, done that! You may try the coconut oil (I feel like a coconut oil salesman or something) to fuel you. I ran a hard long 4.5-miles hill run today at 5:30pm fasted except I ate about 100kcal of coconut oil about 15-min before I went (1/2 tsp). No energy problems whatsoever.

I would weight often though. Weight problems can't sneak up on you if you weigh often. It is a major bummer to have to lose weight over again and is much better to maintain than have to lose again.

Anyways, there are a lot of ways to skin a cat and you can still have success on the three meals/day but you will have to be very careful to not overeat. Keep that exercise up! Congrats especially on not binging. Hope to hear more from you at least occasionally. Good luck!
  • jeanona
    Options
    You do what you need to Britt! Continue tweaking your plan to make it work for you.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Britt <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone. I really appreciate it. I am going to catch up on everyone's threads this weekend.
    Wise advice, @blambo61. I haven't been weighing every single day, but I have been weighing more frequently than previously stated. You're definitely right about having to relose weight being a pain. I gained last week when I stopped eating intuitively due to stress and am annoyed to have to lose those same pounds again.
    I have only had 2 or 3 days of eating 3 meals a day. I am back to following intuitive eating, which usually means a bigger meal and a few snacks here and there as hunger arises (usually only if I didn't eat enough in my meal). I started eating clean on Saturday and completely cut out added sugar and sweeteners, and I am feeling really good. It makes eating according to hunger even easier. The sugar withdrawal is NO joke, though!