Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,120 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Jackie, Glad you made it through today’s appointments. And of course you preferred the most expensive tiles. Me too!

Serviceman is here checking out my furnace. No
    air conditioner service. Cold and snowing today.

I have scheduled several additional appointments. Someone to look at my washer. It has been leaking for over a year. I would like to keep it but they aren’t certain that can happen. Paying for a service call to find out.

Eye doctor confirmed my appointment for later this month. Rescheduled air conditioner service.

I am working on cards today. Finished one birthday card yesterday. Working on a graduation card right now and then on to the next birthday card.

Need to run along so best wishes to everyone.

Welcome back Connie.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

dpiqi32bi9e6.jpeg
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    A quick afternoon check-in.

The morning was beautiful and sunny. Went to Lowes and picked up 20 bags of mulch that was on sale. Had a cook-out when we got home (Strip steak 3oz. and grilled veggies for 222 cal.). Weather ahead is typical for us – crazy! Parka and snow this Wednesday and swim weather the following Wednesday!

o3fb3q12wevb.jpg

7o3hu3qmdt1p.jpg

Jackie – You had me at hello with that early morning pic of the horses. Horseback riding is on my summer bucket list. Haven’t gone since 1991 in Arizona and then was too fat to ride. You have an amazing attitude to match that perfect clavicle. OMG – If I don’t get Line of Duty by the end of the season, I may have to do a 7-day BBC trial even though I already pay for Acorn TV. The whole “H” thing has me missing it more. As for Hydra – only one head is “immortal” according to mythology...this could go on for a while. LOL

With regards to the mouse, I am sure some people think it’s crazy and I suppose if we had lots of mice I would feel different. But we get very few, so no need to bring out the executioner equipment. We have a bit in common on the trees…the Magnolia was at age 15 when we moved to the suburbs, but from birth to 15 the street I lived on in the city was also lined with oak trees. Sorry about the “cut down” and road floods… always a consequence for each action.

Anne – Not to worry about The Serpent… I already have CAD so it should be a quick heart attack. :D …nothing like a good serial killer series before bed. Maybe I will warm up and re-watch “Silence of the Lambs”

Actually I love Anthony Hopkins in almost everything. Hope your tea and quiet time was pleasurable.

Off again… Jean is downstairs painting a garage step leading into the house. She is always on the move.

Enjoy the late afternoon! Bob :)
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Ps - meant to also comment on -- Most people know Alma Wahlberg, mother of actors Mark and Donnie Wahlberg, died with dementia at age 78 this weekend….

lryspfp3ub0l.jpg

One paragraph caught my eye that I thought was an excellent look into how she viewed herself and life:

“People know me as being the mother of famous children, and although this fact has brought many gifts into my life and has afforded me opportunities that may never have been possible otherwise, there is a whole lot more to my story than most people know,” Alma Wahlberg said in an interview with Boston’s WCVB-TV in 2018. “I’ve lived with alcoholism and abuse; struggled with poverty and experienced great wealth; lost so many that I’ve loved; struggle to raise nine children, and I love them more than anything else; watch them suffer, learn and come out on the other side; lost myself; found myself, again and again; and kept moving forward, no matter what.”
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,074 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Spending a lot of time watching the George Floyd trial, will keep my comments to myself as I don't want to start a debate. Chilly today with snow tomorrow. I have a hand appointment tomorrow and a grocery pickup before sitting for the kiddos. Lunch with friends on Wednesday with my meeting on Thursday and dinner for Bryanna, Lisa and the kiddos on Thursday. So busy week after a quiet weekend.

Bob, your weather is a lot like ours but really looking forward to summer and sunshine. You did get to my animal loving side with that cute mouse but I am so afraid of them I don't know if I could be so kind. Your cook out looks great, when do I get an invite??

Lin, wow, you are getting all caught up with all of those appointments, good for you. I am going for my first mani/pedi on Wednesday and really looking forward to it although she better have a mask and precautions in place. Will let you know.

Jackie, I also loved the picture with the horses, reminded me of our boarding stable with my first husband. ( I actually hated it there but loved the horses)
    Glad all went well with your appointments, how was the Covid test??

Annsie, wow, really, they might stop cars for non-essential workers? I agree with Jackie, Mike is your caretaker so he should be fine.

The page is flipped and it is almost time to ride my bike since I spent so much time watching the trial. Have a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Jake's new computer arrived today---three days earlier than expected. The Fed Ex driver rang the doorbell and waited for Jake to answer to hand over the box. Jake has busy most of the day working on it except tor the time he had to go see the doctor about his leg cramps. She prescribed a magnesium supplement so he stopped at the drugstore on the way home.

:) I pulled a lot of weeds.

<3 Barbie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    xdall5qbxq42.jpg
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Oh my.....pole dancing is soooooo sexy! Need I say more? Love the picture.

Today is lovely. I think I will try to do more cleanup outside. It is one of those Goldilocks days. Not too cold and not too hot. However, The jungle is alive and creeping ever forward. I feel we are in danger of being eaten alive by vicious blackberry vines and aggressive dandelions. We do live an adventurous life here on the Oregon coast.

Our state is opening up more and more at the same time we are hearing about increasing variant cases. This is a confusing situation. It would be good to go to the exercise class at the swimming pool but I am very nervous about that. Our senior center is still closed, so no line Dance classes etc. restaurants are starting to reopen and bars, of course.

I do have a major case of spring fever. I have to use every once of energy and determination to get from point A to point B. It really is like wading in waist deep mud. But I will have another sip or two of coffee and then on to the jungle.
    Have a lovely day dear sneakers. Thinking of our dear Jackie, hello to Connie, howdy to all our sneakers.
    Patsy☘️
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Quiet cold afternoon…some rain, some clouds and then some sun. Just having 1 main meal today and will “graze” for dinner…(273 cal.): Baked pork chop, bell peppers, garlic/herb riced cauliflower

gdrk2q0o42mk.jpg

Having been working on an issue with the Silver Sneakers website for 3 months now… too long of a story…they admit my sign-on issue is on their end…it’s just that no one is fixing it. Oh well…not worth more of a rant. Jean is getting a haircut tonight and that made me realize I was overdue and ran out for my own quick cut.

Sandy – I am with you… warmth, summer and sunshine can’t come soon enough. Would love to plan ahead for a getaway but need a clearer picture before I could pic a place/dates and budget. As for the cook ou – we can throw a shrimp on the barbie anytime! LOL As for Floyd trial, I haven’t watched much but have taken in some of the analysis – I’ll wait for final analysis etc …I see problems regardless. Serenity prayer time along with Acorn TV. LOL.

Barbie – Hope all goes well with the computer – so glad you mentioned Jake’s doctor/leg cramps/magnesium. I have a lot of issues with night leg cramps (despite drinking water) and often have to hop out of bed and walk in the middle of the night…tomorrow, I am going to grab a magnesium supplement and see if it helps. Thanks.

Also loved the pole dancing pic… I actually laughed thinking back to when all this started in March of 2020 and I had asked Jean to go for a ride and posted a caricature of her on a pole in our living room on social media…LOL

5rng368wzh32.jpg

Patsy – Pole dancing can be sexy and Jean does love the $1 bills. LOL. Jean has been doing a lot of clean up outside and can’t wait to lay the mulch we bought yesterday. Waiting for next weeks warmer weather and some hedging to be done first.

Glad you’re state is opening more and understand the “confusing” part. I definitely research a multitude of experts…seems to be so much politics attached. I think a lot of us have spring fever and we take advantage of every warm, sunny day to get outside. At this stage we are living life as allowed and no plans to visit packed indoor events. Coffee truly is the drug that keeps a lot of us moving.

yo0phpnshrg1.jpg

Bye for now…until tomorrow! Bob

PS – I leave you with a video I watched just this morning – “You're never too old to follow your dreams! 85-year-old Paddy and dance partner Nicko had the whole of Wembley Arena up on their feet”

https://youtu.be/_85oaykHCfU
  • NikonPal
    Options
    By the look of my typing I think I need to un-stick a few keys on my keyboard. LOL
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Day 2 and 1 to go! Nuclear medicine is fascinating but I chose to imagine someone else was being injected with radioactive material and slowly scanned as I lay very still under the humming machinery. Halfway through the process a doctor came into the room and introduced himself.... hello, my name is Brett and I’m overseeing your scan. His looks belonged in a Jane Austen or Bronte sisters brooding romance with his jet black wavy hair and neat beard behind a mask! He showed me a screen that had the same images he was viewing in his office and explained the 2 white blobs, one where they had injected the material into the scar and the 2nd the lymph node they are interested in. He described it as a bright star in the night sky so I said then I’ll call it Orion! He responded with a clever comment about Orion’s Belt so I decided to keep quiet rather than show my lack of knowledge of the night sky!
    3D images came next then a CT scan without me having to move so it was a relaxing hour after which I bought a few food goodies (mostly salads) in a small M&S food hall and headed home.
    The volunteer who will drive me to the hospital in the morning phoned to confirm 0630 start but within 10 minutes the consultant’s office phoned to tell me the operation had been moved on to 9am so no rush to get there. I called Mike the driver to make sure it wouldn’t interfere with his morning and we’re all set.
    Before I travelled to Plymouth I called out to the builders that I was going up to my bedroom to change and when I came out decided to cross into the spare room to collect a cardigan. I stroked Brady on the bed, pulled the cardi out of the wardrobe and stepped back to the door where one foot went crashing through the floorboards with a loud crack and creak! Luckily I didn’t fall through the hole but poor Dave was horrified. He said he didn’t think I was going into that room and had removed a beam supporting the floor just inside the door. We did laugh about it and while I was out he put the beam back in place.

Sandy, the Covid test was fine. The nurse was very gentle so I didn’t gag and when she put the swab up my nose I told her how earlier a nurse who took swabs for MRSA had brought tears to my eyes then said wait until you have the Covid test!

Bob, I’m 100% convinced you will watch Line of Duty from beginning to end in one binge because each episode has ended with a cliffhanger but we have to wait a week! I find myself glancing at the clock when things get exciting or revealing so I’m prepared for the sudden cut away to end titles!

Funny picture Barbie. Reminds me of the anvils currently holding up sections of ceiling that I suggested to a friend might be good for pole dancing. She said she’d rather not have that image in her head!!

Not sure I will ever get back to weekly swims Patsy. Our local pool left much to be desired at the best of times and not so sure I want to risk it which is a shame because it was the best and most relaxing exercise.

Washing up to be done.
    Hopefully catch you all in 24 hours
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello!

My gosh Jackie, that was a heck of a surprise....I am glad you didn’t fall through the floor. All best wishes to you tomorrow. I received a message this afternoon a friend was waiting for her husband who went to the hospital this morning for surgery on a melanoma. He had to wait 3 weeks for the surgery but it is described as an early stage cancer. I will admit I am woefully short on knowledge of skin cancers. My grandmother, mother, father and at least one cousin have all had bouts of one type or another. My cousin ran for years and also has played golf for decades. He has had a number of growths removed and does go regularly for exams. When I see a photo of him (which is not often) he is always tanned. He is still getting some sunshine!

Bob, I loved that video. Thanks, I had a rather long bout of nightly leg cramps. I was advised to purchase magnesium spray and apply it to my legs after each shower. I thought it helped. They only happen once in a while now. It is cold here as well. Yesterday’s snow has disappeared but freeze warnings are out for tonight and tomorrow night. Then a warm-up. I am ready for the warm up. High temperatures today in the low 40’s. 🥶

Sandy, I have not watched the trial. Other things on my mind I guess. I just heard the verdict is in. Hoping whatever happens no one else will be hurt in the aftermath.

Patsy, I think everything is open now. Some businesses still require a mask and some restaurants do not have much indoor seating yet.

Barbie, I hope the new computer is working well for Jake. And oh my gosh on the pole dancing.

Annsie, did anyone make it to your house today? Everything I hear about Ontario is quite strict regarding protocols to try to stop the virus.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lin💐
    ❤️❤️

gh6z0ffwg9x3.jpeg

• Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    An under the weather day for me. Think it's the allergy to certain foods that flares up once in a while when I forget to avoid.

Anyway nothing compared to JACKIE. Just enough to keep me quiet for once. Glad today's over Jackie and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Now, guess what it's actually snowing where Michael lives just a 3/4 hour drive up north. We get it overnight.

Enjoyed everyone's posts and loved the pole dancing senior and the sexy knee stockings. I think LINs teapot did as well!

Alls quiet next door. My neighbours came home wearing masks. Never seen them in masks before!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday night! Just got back from sitting. Went to the hand doctor and after an x-ray he said it is a strained ligament which could take 6 months to heal. No treatment, just let it run it's course. Then picked up groceries and a gift card for my friend who's birthday we are celebrating tomorrow although 6 months late due to Covid. The verdict is in and I will admit I am for one am a very happy person.
    I go tomorrow for a mani/pedi and then meeting for lunch so I hope I can get on to say good morning.

I hope you all had a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Annsie35
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Very early good morning from me. Mainly to tell JACKIE all good wishes for today and thinking of her.

Secondly though - rather sombre news about the virus. On the 6 am news Trudeau is finally "thinking" of following the UK by banning international flights into Canada after 6 planes from Delhi carried people suffering with the virus here. No wonder we have a huge problem! This should have been done months ago. The hot spot here is an Asian Indian area and everyone else in less infected places such as Mark and his family have been put on hold whilst everyone in the hot spot are vaccinated first.

In all honesty I don't blame anyone who has family now living over here wanting to join them and escape this terrible virus devastating India at the moment. I'm sure I'd do the same but this is how it's out of control. The New Zealand prime minister had the right idea and the rest of the world leaders should have followed her action.

Thirdly, I hope you've diagnosed my problem SANDY. Our doctors office is closed and I'm not going to a hospital. When I slipped on the ice a few weeks back I did something to my left thumb trying to save myself. It's been painful ever since and I suspected I dislocated it, but maybe it's a strained ligament and not dislocated. Just will take time.....I hope!

And on that cheerful note I'll wander off to get Jillys breakfast and then mine. Oh, our premier has gone into isolation because a close parliament colleague has got the virus.

Anne.
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Did I somehow miss summer? I woke up to this !
    raoddlvju77a.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Praying for a successful procedure and a fast healing for Jackie. Amen.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome back. There are some familiar faces and for that, I am grateful. Once upon a time, we had a list of frequent contributors and their locations. I think I still have a copy somewhere in my documents. I'm sure it has changed a great deal in the past years.

We are experiencing very cold weather and had snow yesterday. The day before it was 65 degrees. The weather in the Ozarks suffers from Bipolar syndrome.

It has only been five days since I began logging my food but I am seeing results. I know it is only water weight. I've been down this road before. It is still nice to see a five-pound difference on the scale. Wish I could lose a pound a day long term.

I am trying to confirm an appointment for my husband this morning. He needs his toenails trimmed and I simply do not have the hand strength to do it for him. The spa isn't answering my messages or picking up their phone. So frustrating as it is a 15-mile drive to get there.o4m4gnuxapgu.jpg

Sorry for the size of this image but I wanted to share as it is gracing our front yard and I think it is simply gorgeous.

Sandy and I have stayed in touch on Facebook but posts are short, and not as informational as those made here.

Catch up with all later in the week.
  • Annsie35
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Connie, get your husband to sit with his feet in a bowl of warm water for awhile. This really softens toenails for cutting and saves a lot of cash and hassle. Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning. Another cold day, sunny with some snow flakes. I am sorting through lots of handouts and material on farmland, conservation practices, cover crops and more. Some things are not replaceable as I received them as part of paid seminars and new downloads are not available.

I just heard from my friend whose husband had surgery to remove a melanoma yesterday. He is taking his pain meds. She will look after him until he has the staples removed and then she goes for a shoulder replacement. He had planned to have his shoulder replaced this spring but it is not working out. Life can be complicated.

I spoke with a friend yesterday afternoon who apparently has what she calls her “annual cold”. Two weeks and counting. Lots of coughing. Poor dear. No one else in her household has caught it. So that is good.

One last illness, a friend’s teenage son has Covid and is suffering with intense headaches and has lost his sense of smell and taste. His track season is over I assume. He was doing well. I am sure he is sad. No track, no school, no job for now. The parents had Covid a long time ago. Only the teenage daughter has escaped it.

A morning surprise, one of my tiny tomato seedlings has several buds! I am astounded to see that. The zucchini plants are ready to turn into vines but it has been too cold to put pots on the deck. I hope the weather stabilizes into warm weather so I can get those plants out on the deck.

Jackie, thinking of you today. I hope you are doing well and will be home soon. May you have as much help as you need as you are recovering. Long distance hugs.

Annsie, that is altogether too much spring snow. I hope it melts soon. I did see the bits of the lilac in the photo you posted. I did not know you had a lingering problem from the fall. I hope you heal up my friend.

Sandy, I am glad you had your appointment and found out what the problem is. I hope it will not take 6 months to heal. Enjoy your day with friends today.

Connie, beautiful photo. Size does not matter to me. Years ago, I took my father to the foot doctor to have his toenails trimmed. Medicare paid for that as he took a blood thinner. If I had needed to find a spa, I do not know where to find a reliable one in his small town. Best wishes on getting something firmed up. It is uncomfortable to have longer toenails.

Well, back to sorting.

Best wishes as always.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

nzgpc0rqs5qy.jpeg

• Annsie35
    Options
    I'm hoping Jackie is safe and sound at home with the past three days behind her and a nice mug of hot cocoa in front of her.

Meanwhile back here, the snows melting and Harry is loading his truck once more with junk. Alls peaceful because Jilly has decided this is the way of life now and she's stopped barking.
    Anne.