Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    Anne, go to home page, then settings, then change username. Good luck.

Happy Thursday! :) Going to be really warm but with a shower. I have my meeting and then early dinner with friends. I am sure we will be doing some gambling as well. I managed to walk over 3 miles yesterday but was tired when I got home. My back is acting up but I am almost sure it is arthritis from my back surgeries. My vacation weight is coming off so that is all that matters. Of course eating corn beef today won't help that cause.
    The funeral is tomorrow so I will probably post when I get home as I have to be there by 10:30.

Anne, so glad to have you back and hope you can get your user name changed. Good for you getting all your spring cleaning done, me not so much. Bryanna will clean my house next week as my son and dil are coming for a few days at the end of next week.

Lin, I am sorry your allergies are acting up. Every since I had covid I have a cough every once in a while but still feel congested when sleeping. I am still grateful it was mild with the help of my vaccines. Lisa did a home test and was negative, I think it is just regular colds but one never knows anymore. Robby's school called and said to pick him up because he was congested. My birthday celebration with them on Saturday might be postponed.

Patsy, wow, 66 years is amazing. If I would have made it with my 1st. husband we would be married 60 years this year but only made it to 14 years. 44 years with Babe but married 31 but separated almost 10. I envy couples who stayed married through thick and thin, you are my heroes.

2018184ksdr98f34r.gif

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    Options
    Going to run a few errands. Was going to go earlier but a serviceman showed up and blocked my driveway. 🤦🏼‍♀️

w18rycqfaws6.jpeg

• JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I did that SANDY but the problem is I've been kicked off so often I can't remember my PRESENT password. Tried the lot but none accepted. Shame because I've got a funny tale about the perils of bread making when you are old and short sighted. Back to the drawing board or emails.
    Anne. The shingles caused a bit of hair loss. Shame, because I feel like pulling my hair out with this frustrating site. Grrrrrrrrrr, thats me, not the Bean.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Anne, trying signing out and when signing in use forgot password. Use your old username that you want and get a new password. Sorry have to run but hope it works.
    Sandy
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    SANDY, not sure as I type, but I think it has worked. Thank you. Sorry to bug you when you are so rushed off your feet.
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello friends, happy to see Anne post again. 🤞🏻that you can continue to login. I was on MFP earlier but all of a sudden I couldn’t do anything until I logged in again. Very unexpected when that pops up!

Sandy, enjoy your day and evening with friends, dinners and gambling! I was at the grocery store waiting to checkout (they have one live person now) and the gent ahead of me had Guinness and several other drinks along with a frozen pizza. Looked like he was going to celebrate the day. Sorry Robby had to leave school but it is extremely difficult now to sort out a little cold or allergies from a bout of Covid. Sorry you still have a bit of coughing remaining. I didn’t realize that.

Anne, waiting for your story!! 👍🏻😁👍🏻 I hope you can get back to us.

Patsy, how is the anniversary planning going? Has the trip to Costco been completed?

Jackie, have I missed you again? Several videos today from Dan. Pumpkin placed in another home for the time being. At least they are all safe for now. I looked into the Patreon pricing. Unfortunately that is not going to work for me. I am supporting World Central Kitchen which has the highest rating from Charity Navigator.

Barbie, I hope everything is going smoothly now. Best wishes.

Well, I must check on my laundry. How exciting!

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    What oh, I AM back with my old name. Isn't SANDY marvellous, a miracle worker. I have to admit though I am getting fed up of being booted off the site every three months it seems. Aint getting any younger either to work things out.

Mark came over yesterday because along with the shingles I lost the hearing in one ear, AND more importantly, more short sighted than ever. He came over to do my taxes. I feel sorry for the lad because he ends up doing taxes for 4 people now. We've replaced MJs parents who are no longer with us.
    Anyway, I'm to be sent a $37 refund from our government. $37 of treats for one small spoilt dog.

Ha the bread. It's been a day of EVERYTHING going wrong [except for the help of Sandy]. After spending a hour trying to get back here I decided I couldn't face kneading etc my own bread. I would use the bread machine. I carefully measured everything, and set this wonder machine a-going. Jill and I retreated to do the chores when I noticed that the gentle purring of a kneading machine sounded like a jet taking off, and it was! We dashed into the kitchen to see the wonder machine taking flight off the kitchen table. It didnt open fortunately!
    Inside wasn't a nice silky ball of dough. Instead a crumbly mass of marble sized dry bits. What on earth??? and then I realized, being shortsighted I'd added 3 and 3 quarter cups of flour instead of 3 and 1 quarter cup. Anyway into the mixing bowl it went and I did what I should have done in the first place, kneaded it with more added milk and water. Back into the machine and finally I've now got the oddest looking loaf of bread which tastes surprisingly better than it looks. Yes, had to try a slice, well buttered with marmite. NO photos by the way. I have a lot of disasters which probably explains why my marriage only lasted a surprising 24 years. Happily single for 45 years. Wow, where did the time go!

Not much else happening here except we are enjoying everyone elses past warming trend. Jilly has gone to sleep, worn out from being a seeing/hearing dog. Maybe I will join her and try to live a normal tranquil life.

I did enjoy everyones posts whilst awol.
    Anne. zzzzzzzz joining the Bean.

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Aaargh! Lost a long, long post after a horrible day. Can’t go through it all again right now but promise to be back in the morning. Didn’t even mention the invasion!!
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    A very happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all. I used to dye John’s coffee green, just for fun. But he says “YUCK! Not funny Mrs. Wubben! “. What a grouch he is when I disturb his morning coffee. Anyway. The morning is cold and cloudy.

I will fix an Irish stew with chicken instead of beef. Gran called it mulligatawny. I looked it up and her recipe wasn’t even close to the real recipe. I have a cd with lots of Irish American songs. I will play them during dinner and I know we both will get a giggle out of an Irish tenor singing “My Wild Irish Rose.” I am well aware that we celebrate Paddy’s Day in a totally different way than they do in Ireland. Truth be told, a lot of singing, dancing and drinking beer with friends is pretty darn special in my book. We can’t dye the Columbia river green like some places do to their local rivers, but it is fun to think about it. I loved to hear Gran speak a bit of Gaelic. She sang like an angel. Huge range and always on key. She knew all the songs! Sorry, I can’t help being sentimental in my old age.

Anne: so glad to have you back. Whatever name or as our son would say…whatever flag your flying. We will be very interested in all those happenings at your house. So much must have happened that we need to catch up on. Welcome home, sweet Anne!

Barbie: so glad Jake is doing okay. Modern medicine is wonderful and he seems to have a good medical team to help him. We all admire your strength. I know for a fact that having you calm and steadfast was an important part of Jakes support.

Lin: is that tea set Belleak? Our family seems to have scads of that we gave each other when younger. I can’t spell that name but when anyone from our family went to Ireland they returned with loads of it to pass around the family as gifts.

Jackie: I do hope Chrissie is doing okay. And that she will consider Bella rehoming with the foster family. Your friends, Dan Baker family, really brings the human costs of war up close and personal. There are times I want to start digging a foxhole in our backyard to hide, quaking in fear.
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Oooooops….forgot to sign at the end of the post above.
    Pats☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
  • Sandydur
    Options
    JillyBurg7 wrote: »
    SANDY, not sure as I type, but I think it has worked. Thank you. Sorry to bug you when you are so rushed off your feet.
    Anne

Yippee!! Glad it worked and glad you are back.
  • linder4866
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Oh, and now a teapot. Sorry, friend phoned as I was finishing my post. Thanks for the bread story Anne! Glad you ended up with a tasty product all in all.

Patsy, your celebration sounds good. It doesn’t have to be traditional, just what suits you. And I don’t know if that was Belleek china. Might be.

Jackie, sorry you lost your post. I saw you purchased a print. Well done. I don’t have a great printer so will pass for now.

Silly teapot to share.

dahdpf9xopyu.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jacAth3
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Another long message just bit the dust after spending 30 minutes repeating yesterday’s horrid day.
    I’ll try again tonight by which time I might think it’s not worth going on about it!
    Happy Friday!
    Jackie 🥰

PS my hair is VERY pink!!
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Oh JACKIE, so sorry about the two lost posts. Join us lost Sneakers wandering around "never never land". Do you remember the early days before new owners decided to "improve" things.
    I've got groceries to be delivered, its garbage day and Michael saying he's coming over because he has to work tomorrow on what should be his new day off. He's threatening Bean with a spring bath.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello, it is cold and rainy but no snow so far. Just stopping by to say ‘hi’—I have lots of bills to pay and I am teary eyed today. My friend with the dementia problem has gotten worse. Her granddaughter went on vacation with her family and while they were gone apparently her grandmother called the police again and by the time they got there she was out walking on the road trying to stop cars.

She was taken to a local hospital and is in a locked area. I have no details but the outcome is the state is apparently taking over her care and they are placing her in a facility a long way from here. She is not allowed any visitors or phone calls for now.

At some point her mailing address may be released by her granddaughter.

I know I should be relieved that she won’t wander, or set the house on fire or anything but right now, I am overwhelmingly sad.

I hope you stop losing your posts Jackie. So annoying.

Anne, happy grocery day. Glad you will receive a refund in your taxes. More treats for Jilly.

Sandy, I hope the day is not too stressful for you. And I hope you did have a good time lady evening.

Bye for now.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

• JillyBurg7
    Options
    Well, Mike showed up and Mikes now gone because he's had to go into work this afternoon as well. At least Bean had two long walks and didn't have her bath which I'm sure made her happy. Fast asleep in her basket right now. Mike was very helpful he brought my blue recycle bins in. The only problem I only have ONE recyclable bin. I found this out when I took beetroot tops to a brown bag in the garage for next weeks garden waste. So out I trudged with it and put it on my front again waiting for its rightful owner. He left with a promise to see us Sunday for much longer. He also left full of peas, mashed potatoes and 2 haddock fillets etc in his tum.

Yesterday was a day of minor mishaps and disasters for me. I await to see what happened to JACKIE because I think hers must have been much worse.

LIN, your friend sounds so much like Tony next door to me. One day he was out telling my poor grocery delivery man to "clear off" HIS drive. Its a terrible disease and poor Marie has definitely aged looking after him. She has to keep the doors locked now as they await a placement.

I guess SANDY is at the bereavement.

The only one seemingly having fun is PATSY making her Irish stew. Well Jilly is; having got out of a bath.

Hi BARBIE.

And that's me so far today,
    Anne.

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) I am home from funeral Mass and have started the laundry. It was a beautiful service and nice seeing the family of Babe's brother who I haven't seen in over ten years. He had five children, 20 grandchildren and even some great grandchildren. I didn't go to the cemetery or the luncheon as I just wanted to pay my respects. They all asked about Babe and told me to give him their condolences about his son which I did when I got home.
    Our dinner was fun but I am not a big fan of corn beef and cabbage only if it is home cooked. This was shredded and put of top of cabbage. We did do a little gambling but I didn't lose much as we didn't stay too long. I knew I had to get up early so wanted to get home to go to bed early.

Not sure about my birthday celebration with the kiddos tomorrow, haven't heard how they are all feeling today. Babe wants to come here Sunday so I will make dinner for him. I like the trial days to see how well I am going to cope with him here.

Anne, I am so glad you were able to get back on with your old name and new password. It is wonderful that your sons come and visit you weekly, you raised them right. Sorry for minor minor mishaps and disasters, I hope nothing too serious.

Jackie, I do hope you are able to post about your troublesome day so we don't have to worry about you.
    Is everything okay?

Lin, I am sorry about your friend, did she call you or someone else? Dementia is a terrible disease, it broke my heart with my uncle. All you can do is pray for her and be there for her if needed.

Patsy, you amaze me with all your clever meals, you make every holiday special. John is a lucky man.

Barbie, hope Jake is doing better each day.

Have a good rest of your day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    High overcast day…I think it is a marine layer that might burn off. Maybe. Just a bit chilly. A sweater and a light rain jacket against the mist in the air should keep me warm and dry.

Katie is supervising a couple of visiting crows. They squawk and Katie barks. It is a conversation that happens most mornings now. After a quick ball game Kate is ready for her treats and a nap or she goes on watch at the French door windows. That is the reason those windows are a total disgrace most of the time. Another ball game with John later. He got her a new fuzzy ball. It is one of the ruff-tuff toys that are so durable. She is in love. She carries it around constantly.

Had a nice St. Patrick’s Day dinner and music and also a long chat with Damon. Now on to Easter! Damon is coming. We are so looking forward to seeing him again. I think I will make Easter baskets for daughter and family as well as John and Damon. It will be fun to set them out at the dinner. If I can find them, I had bunny ears I used to put on. I guess I will make Katie a new kerchief. She always tries to eat her kerchiefs as we take photos. You’d think I had it tied so tight it was choking. NOT! Her kerchiefs are very loose and quite pretty.

As I have aged I seem to really value small celebrations like we used to have when we were a young family. I know it is a memory I like to revisit. Everyone seems to enjoy it or at least they like to see me enjoy it. I have the most fun because I plan and do most of the preparation. I have to have the bandage changed on my toe ulcer. Hopefully no more minor surgery or removal of dead tissue. Yuck. It is a very slow healing process. I might have to start wearing a sort of post surgery protective boot. Very uncomfortable but if it helps and protects….I guess I will pull on my big girl pants and DO IT!

No big mishaps today. I do hobble around and am slower than a snail but there isn’t any reason to hurry. This is pizza night and we are going to watch an old funny movie called “Best in Show.” And I really need to drag a stool in front of the fridge a do a purge of antique food. Seriously…
    Patsy☘️🍕🌦
  • jacAth3
    Options
    I’m in!! It’s a beautiful day in spite of a gale force southerly and we had a long, blustery walk across the moors where George chased his tail and Betty tucked in behind me, a bit scared of the strong wind. There are a lot of chores to do in my garden so I’ll get on and find my way back to the sneakers later in the day. I’ve decided not to repeat the lost posts, not because there was anything contentious in them that would make it disappear but probably ongoing events will pop up in later posts so why rumble on?

A funny thing, when I finally got myself into our forum just now I read a post with a picture of a happy Thanksgiving Turkey and thought I was going mad. Turned out I had been sent to page 1, not 1315!
    Happy Saturday
    Jackie 🥰