Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    Options
    Hello friends.

I did go to the doctor today and had blood drawn. After being questioned and well prodded, it turns out my increasingly troublesome cough is apparently asthma. After I got home and had some lunch, I spent most of the rest of the day trying to do research on options other than prescription drugs. Have ordered some supplements and will give them a whirl along with some changes in my diet. I hope to avoid steroids and similar drugs. At this point it is sort of what option will produce less permanent lung damage since I didn’t actually tell the whole truth. He wanted to know if I had these severe coughing episodes more than a couple of times a month. I actually have them a couple times a day……shhhhhh…..don’t tell my secret.

If I don’t see any improvement in a few months, I will have to surrender to prescription drugs I guess.

Sorry to not respond to all of your posts today. I have my tax appointment tomorrow morning and I am reviewing the information so I will be able to answer questions.

Hugs. Be safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

hb1ql4hm88pj.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) It must be tax day, I am picking up Babe later to bring our taxes to accountant. My friends also said they were doing taxes today and now Lin. I am not sitting today so it was a good day to go even though it is rainy.
    Lisa was home by noon yesterday and was not selected for jury duty. It was a beautiful day in the 70's and sunshine. When I got home I sat on my balcony and fell asleep for about a half hour. I must have been really tired. I am not used to getting up at 7am.

Lin, please be careful with that asthma so you don't damage your lungs. I can understand why you don't want to take steroids' but an inhaler might be your best option. Good luck with the taxes, I am sure yours are complicated with the farm.

Patsy, thank you for the encouraging words, it will be a change after living alone for almost ten years but we will make it work. He knows I sit on Tuesday and Wednesday and movie night on Saturday. He can either come with or just stay home, it will be his choice. Since I have three more trips planned before May, he will probably not move in before the end of May. My biggest job is finding closet and drawer space so will have to buy another dresser. It will be an excuse to go through all my clothes and shoes and get rid of what I don't wear even though I hate that job.

Anne, poor Mark, I do hope his back mends. I have a bad back and his sounds much worse. It might be a good idea to hire someone to finish the work if you can afford to do so. I am with you on the news, Putin has gone over the deep end and is another Hitler.

Jackie, like everyone I am so sorry about Chrissie. Katie sounds like an amazing person. It is so sad as we get older and our friends and relatives get sick or leave us. Can I ask how old Chrissie is, not that that matters. Robby told me Saturday he was going to take my birthday as he doesn't want me to get any older and I can still be 79. Out of the mouths of babes.

Barbie, birthday will be here in three days, I hope you figured out a delightful gift.

Have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I echo SANDY. Please be very careful with asthma LIN. An inhaler sounds right. As you know I hate taking drugs so it sounds weird coming from someone who's just got over everything without drugs, but asthma is something else. Lungs are our lifeline and with this Corvid doing the rounds please take extra care.

Lovely day here before winter returns at the weekend, briefly I hope. My big news is I finally got my 8 hours of shut eye after existing for months on very little. I think constant lack of sleep makes me cranky so when I woke this morning I was whispering "thank you, thank you, thank you". So was Jilly I'm sure who had to put up with me.

Mike, who is no handyman is feeling very pleased with himself. He managed to find a replacement piece for his fairly new dishwasher which was leaking and he also fixed the problem of no electricity/lights in his apartment. He said both relatively simple to do but as I said A START.

Lovely peaceful day and I'll trundle off while peace here at any rate reigns.

Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Today is a mild day and it is spring break. I guess the spring breakers are not coming this year.
    years ago the state of Washington and Oregon decided to alternate so we don’t have spring break simultaneously. It stressed the beach communities too much. That seems to be a problem that went away currently. No students. College attendance is way down. We will be a generation of barely educated people. I worry about that. Teachers? Doctors? Attorneys? Scientists? Inventors? All of these people need advanced learning.

Sandy: you may have the best kind of husband-room mate. Too much togetherness can be a problem. John goes on errands and spends uninterrupted time in his shop or in his office. I would never impinge on that time. I spend time in my dungeon. He often knocks before he walks into the dungeon. The time Babe is not with you, he can nap, watch his favorite tv programs or call any friends or family he chooses. Etc. you will work it out. Life offers us some interesting opportunities.

Anne: it is a great feeling to solve a problem oneself. I understand Mikes satisfaction in doing his own repairs. I would be hopeless doing any repairs. I do hate that. Many women my age pray for a handyman service. There is a waiting list for these services. I know how territorial John is about his repair or renovation projects. It might be difficult for Mark to feel confident in anyone picking up where he left off on the downstairs redo.

Barbie: we are having Costco salmon patties for dinner tonight. Had to giggle because this is John favorite food right as well. I try to change it up a bit by using them in various ways. I like them but John is obsessed with salmon.

Jackie:I wonder if we are dealing with that internet hacking we were warned about? We have noticed some anomalies in other internet sites. Our President Biden warned us about this in a speech yesterday.

Lin: asthma associated with allergies..headaches, watery eyes, congestion, sneezing and coughing! Seasonal and stress related also. Of yeah. I can relate. I also resist taking yet another prescription drug. I have considered a home oxygen situation but have not done any research. I do have an air purifier. Might need another one for our bedroom. Not sure. I guess we must be our own medical consultant. Good luck.

Sun is breaking through the clouds!!!!!
    Patsy☘️🎾🦮🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, Tuesday afternoon and my phone call with the tax preparer/attorney is over. On the plus side, we calculated quarterly estimates well last year and the additional tax I owe is almost nothing! Yes!! We talked over a few things regarding deductions and itemizing and spent the remainder of the time working on this year’s quarterly estimates. Now I just have to wait for the paperwork to return to me via USPS, return the permission for electronic filing and send my checks. Pleased to have that finished.

Anne, I am so sorry that Mark’s back is so bad once again. I also hope the physical therapy will help. He really did accomplish a lot at your house. Maybe when he is feeling better he should consider smaller bits of work and more days off? And well done Michael, fixing some things on his own. Excellent. And back to my friend with dementia, yes, she had someone checking on her once a day to give her a daily allotment of pills to take. But her granddaughter went on vacation and I don’t know who was suppose to check on her but at worst, she was on her own for 4 days but that is long enough to get in a lot of difficulty. The water in the basement, I have no idea but I doubt anyone goes down there regularly. Anyway, the granddaughter is hunting for a facility for her grandmother to move to but she has one complication, her sister lives in Colorado and doesn’t actually help with anything but wants in on decisions. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Jackie, I am sorry for all of the bad news of recent days. I hope Chrissie is comfortable at least and thank heavens for dear Katie. She seems to be an angel pitching in as she has in so many ways. It sounds like a very full season of gardening is upcoming. Now where is this marvelous hoop house being constructed? I hope the growing season is favorable. The Danfam has lots of administrative chores to do. I can imagine it will take a lot of time and patience to get set up with doctors, dentists, changing a driver’s license, applying for a different type of visa for Victoria and Veronica, and I think he said they were hoping to get accommodation. I am not sure what is involved there. I am sure they would prefer their own place to stay. So many things to think through. But you are right, he seems to have lots of family so hopefully their circumstances are better now.

Patsy, it is interesting that your son is more supportive and helpful than your daughter. It has been pretty traditional for daughters to step up but with your daughter’s problems, it is wonderful that your son has taken that spot. Are you already planning your Easter dinner? Have you started getting estimates for new siding?

Barbie, it is lovely that you are content with life. 🌻🌻

Diane, hello! What’s new on your patch of the world?

I think we could all use a few fresh flowers but maybe with my allergies and asthma, I should stick to silk!

Be safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

yq56ofwfgex7.jpeg

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    A beautiful teapot Lin!

Our weather has settled into sunny and dry although there’s still a keen wind. I took George and Betty on a short local walk because my friend Linda was visiting for coffee and cake before I showed her a video on Facebook of a council meeting when the allotments were discussed, one member lost his temper while our bullying man has obviously misled them about how he has been running things but didn’t put his hand up and admit it. When I first saw it I was very cross and Linda today was much the same so time to take action… plans are afoot! We did enjoy an hour in the sun on my deck sipping cups of coffee and shooting the breeze before the viewing so a nice day.

I’m hoping to visit Chrissie on Thursday, just have to obtain a lateral flow test to use first thing. I think she is 76 Sandy and her first cancer diagnosis was about 6 years ago. Occasionally I would see her walking her dog in the woods I used to visit with Jill and Scruff and hadn’t had George long but he greeted her like an old friend when she visited at the end of last year.
    More bad news today when a friend who was diagnosed with cancer about 10 years ago emailed to tell us friends she collapsed Boxing Day and remained in hospital until a week ago. She was unconscious on a ventilator because her body couldn’t dispel carbon dioxide. Her husband was called in twice to possibly switch off life support but he, their son and her mother refused to give up and slowly she regained consciousness. She’s our miracle girl because she was given a terminal diagnosis about 5 years ago! She’s home now and receiving help from a physiotherapist to walk again so in a way not all bad news.

Lin, I haven’t had a chance to check in on Dan yet today but will see what they’re up to once I sign out of MFP. He should be able to drive on his Ukrainian driving licence for about 6 months, maybe a year and hopefully family connections will find them somewhere to live. I feel the older we get the more we understand our bodies and what medications we are prepared to take. Personal choice!

Anne, that certainly is great news that you got a full night’s sleep. I remember how grumpy I became when pain in my old hips disturbed my sleep pattern hourly. Back problems never seem to quite go away and I bet poor Mark thought he was fine for a while as he worked on your basement. I think if I could afford it I would try to find someone to finish the work although I can see Mark has high standards so wouldn’t be happy!

Almost bedtime so let’s see if this post flies in the right direction. Patsy, I did wonder if I had been hacked when initially I got those strange messages about checking my posts and wouldn’t put anything past that evil man! It’s a strange and rather brutal world we’re living in right now.

Jackie
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Early good morning from me as I eat my porridge and blueberries after a second pain free night. I'M BACK SNEAKERS! Everything suddenly left me, eczema and all.

We've had so much bad news lately I thought I'd tell you about my rather odd dream last night.

I dreamt I was rubbing MARMITE into Marks face so he could pass as an Indian. Why?

Well I was thinking of our PM just before I fell asleep and he was in trouble recently for going to a fancy dress party wearing black face and a turban.

Time for a shower, greetings to all from
    "The flowers that bloom in the Spring" old Thing,
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Another gloomy day, where is the sun? Sitting later today and will get some cards out, order some groceries and pay some bills. We took our taxes to the accountant and then stopped for a light lunch. I don't know if I mentioned that Babe has a benign nodule in his throat that makes him talk hoarse. The doctor said it would be an easy surgery but did not recommend at this time. He goes back in four months for a recheck. I will go with him to see what the risks would be if he did have surgery.

Anne, it is funny how we dream of silly things after watching the news. Some of my dreams are so strange they amaze me. I am so happy you have recovered from all that has hindered you for six months. I am sure you feel like dancing.

Jackie, wow, your friend is a miracle coming back from a near death experience. Poor Chrissie, cancer is just an ugly beast that takes so many people. They have come a long way but still need to find a cure. It sounds like the bully is still being a jerk but I have a feeling that you are going to put a stop to that asap.

Lin, I bet you are glad those taxes are done, such a pain the neck. I hope your able to control your asthma with herbal medicine but please be careful.

Patsy, we will see how having a roommate works out after ten years of being alone. I think he is just grateful to be able to come here and will be happy with any of my rules. He keeps saying we should get a puppy but although I would love one, it is too hard with taking a pup up and down 14 stairs to train her.
    I also hate walking outside during the winter. I did think about puppy pads on my balcony but again I am not home enough and I think we are too old at this point. (am I trying to talk myself out of getting one)

Hello to Barbie and Diane.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello. A cold and drippy day here again today. We had enough rain yesterday that my sump pump is running once in a while. Wow. It could stop any time now and come back another day.

I got a tiny grocery order this morning. Instacart has a special waiving the 35 dollar minimum order until some time in April. You need to order $10 to get delivery and of course there is still a tip to add but it is quite convenient when you don’t want much. The tip is probably not much more than gas for the car. I may place another tiny order at another store that carries different items. Maybe.

I was surprised this morning with a phone call from a friend I hadn’t spoken to since before Christmas. She said she would get back to me when things settled down. She said everything was okay but there are many days she doesn’t feel like talking to anyone. She says it is because Covid has disrupted our lives so much. Probably true. A long conversation but no plans to make it a regular thing again. Which is fine.

A couple of my library books are due soon so need to catch up on my reading. And I want to stamp some panels for card making.

Sandy, lots of settling in after so many years apart. I have wanted a dog (not a puppy) for quite a while but I keep thinking of difficulties, primarily, if I would be I’ll or and/or in the hospital, there is no one to care for a dog. I can see many reasons why a puppy would not be a great fit for your living situation, including all of those stairs. Take care and have fun with the kids.

Anne, that dream sounds a bit like a nightmare, marmite on your son’s face? Eeeck. Did your son tell you about his trip to Quebec? Or did I miss that? Could be. I am thrilled that you are feeling yourself again and are sleeping well. ❤️❤️

Patsy, I didn’t see your post yesterday even though now it shows up before mine. Sorry. So John loves the salmon patties. Since you get them from Costco should I assume the package contains a good number of them? Do you get more than one box at a time? As far as allergies and asthma are concerned, goodness, you know it inside and out!

Jackie, I have been trying to keep up with Danfam and I see now he plans for a schedule of videos. Will you be doing the borscht cook along tonight? Oh and the video of the gift opening yesterday was nice. People are very considerate. I hope the remainder of the week goes well for you and all of your friends.

Hello Barbie and Diane.

Best wishes sent along to everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A multi-layer teapot?!?

dez6mhtttbsm.jpeg
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Oh drat! The rains are here and they are cold and with wind. But I have to remind myself it is Oregon on the coast.

This is a weird time at our house. I sort of slipped and dislocated my hip. Stretches and painful walking is the name of the game. It is a very tiny bit better today. Silly thing was it happened as I was getting up from the desk after working on my computer. Why? I guess I sat too long. This will be a month long healing process of stretches and painful walking. It could be worse. I am grateful there was no broken bones. However it is quite uncomfortable and inconvenient, to say the least.

I can make it into the kitchen to clutch on to the counter as I make dinner. I will make something easy with a couple of those infamous Costco salmon patties and broccoli. And table grapes for dessert.

I guess we will try to add to our enormous dvd collection. This Sunday I will be tuning in to the academy awards but it is not John’s favorite. He will be working on his taxes. We have our appointment so that gives us a deadline.

Except for my ugly hip issue, I feel very oddly optimistic. I am not sure why. I just feel that maybe this Ukraine war might be turning around. I know I read all the horrifying news, but I see evidence that the rest of the world wants this to end. People are demanding peace. Moscow-man is not getting the support he wants…. Even though the gas prices are sky high, they actually came down 2 whole cents here. We suddenly have a lot of spring breakers here and families. A few new businesses and restaurants have opened. Damon is very excited about getting his boat refurbished. It is to be hauled out on the water next week. Then scraped and repainted. I am looking at siding colors and options. I still believe in the future and basic good in all people.

Sandy: I will say this about a puppy. I worried I was too old. But John and I believe it extends our life. If you got a small or toy breed, like Jilly, you really could use puppy pads mainly. As we have aged, we realize, for us, constantly going somewhere isn’t quite as much fun as staying home and being with each other and the doggie. Just a thought. We share Katie ownership with Damon. She is nuts about him. For us, and another couple of friends, a kitten or puppy is life affirming. Of course one must think ahead like Lin said. Maybe you have a grandkid that would share ownership. I am just rattling on because I love our crazy Katie and she brings so much to our life. Forgive my being so pushy about a puppy. I know you will do what feels right for both you and Babe.

Jackie: isn’t it beyond understanding about why some people can’t see their behavior is causing unnecessary hard feelings? The allotment chairman could be having such a wonderful experience in supporting other gardeners and helping make the gardens a really special place for those who love to plant and grow. I am so glad you are doing your own “allotment .” As they say, life is too short to tolerate toxic people.

Anne: I can’t tell you how glad I am to hear you are back! You have been a good soldier! No sleep, and so much pain and discomfort. You are strong and now ready for spring and planting your pots with carrots and potatoes. Jilly will assist!

Lin: good job on early tax prep. And that tea pot with the flowers ….ohhhhhhh my!
    Hello Diane and Barbie!
    Patsy☘️🦮

• jacAth3
    Options
    Gosh, a busy day! Beautiful sunshine so with my face covered in Factor 50 I took the pooches for a long walk on the moors. Betty seemed subdued and stayed just behind my heels but George was in mischievous mood, even rolling in fox poo!
    A variety of gardening projects were later completed. Nothing too strenuous but some plants moved and an area prepared for wild flower seeds to be scattered. It’s close to 20c during the day but zero nights so I mustn’t be too keen to remove geraniums and hibiscus plants from my greenhouse just yet. New bedding material for the hen house was delivered while I was out so the chooks are cosy and clean.
    I drove into town to obtain a couple of lateral flow tests but pharmacies don’t have any stocks so I’ll have to order online. It’s meant I can’t visit Chrissie tomorrow but hopefully another of her friends will take my place. On my way home I stopped off at the allotments and seeing Linda working to clear a raised bed, stopped to chat. We are both going to respond to the comments made at the meeting because they were made public on Facebook and I’ve spent this evening writing a first draft. Lots of points to make but I’ll try to cut down its length. As Linda and I were about to part company, my phone rang and it was the councillor who has always supported the allotments and me wanting to let me know he is standing down and guess who is getting promoted into his position? Wow, you couldn’t make it up although I said to Linda it would make a wonderful drama series! I’m not concerned because I have proof of his sculduggery so he won’t be promoted for long then, please God, I can enjoy my peaceful garden well away from the pettiness.

We will all have an opinion about a puppy for Sandy and Babe but I would only say my friends I visited a couple of days ago are struggling with their 8 month old Labrador who has grown so much she’s practically knocking them over but at least they live on a smallholding so can open the door and send her outside when she gets too boisterous! Definitely a small breed living in an apartment!

You’ll have to forgive me but it’s nearly midnight and I’m yawning constantly!

Stay safe one and all. Our Covid rates are going through the roof! 😳😷
    Jackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you for the loving thoughts about my upcoming birthday. Flowers sound lovely. I am fortunate that I have no friends or family who feel compelled to give me a gift. I don't give gifts and I started years ago telling people to not buy me a gift. Jake knows I don't want or need anything but he will probably have something. He picked up prescriptions this morning on his way home from getting the car serviced and I think he went into the store instead of through the drive through so he could buy a card.

:) The mole trapping lady came over yesterday to check the traps she had set and found a mole. We happily paid her for getting rid of the offender who has made a mess in the yard. She'll leave the traps for another week in case there is another mole.

:) Our neighbor who fixes computer problems at no charge has finally recovered from his back injury and came over yesterday to trouble shoot my computer problem.

:'(Lin, sorry to hear about your troubles with asthma. I long resisted prescription drugs but now at my advanced age have ended up with some.

:)Sandy, you are smart to take time thinking about getting a dog. It could be very satisfying and also very troublesome. You will know if you take the time to think about it.

:) Our taxes are moderately simple and we have them filed by an accountant so they are finished and filed. Our refund was deposited in our bank account this week. Now we have money to pay the property taxes that are due next month.

<3 Barbie
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Good morning dear friends.
    I would like to add a few words to the comments regarding SANDY and BABE acquiring a dog. Its a very personal choice of course and when I hummed and hahed about then baby Jilly my main concern was my age which was 80. So first I made sure she had somewhere loving to go to if I fell off my twig. Michael in my case. Today, she has brought me so much joy, kept me going during the recent shingles and I honestly dread the day should I outlive her. I found Sandy, after the age of 80, my desire to roam completely disappeared. I much prefer home, family, hobbies, and my little companion these days and in fact I turn down chances of travel.
    Jilly is perfect for apartment living. She loves to go walks but on freezing and deep snow days is perfectly happy using a pee pad which we purchase from Costco's. Just like one of my pet cats with a litter box really and she is no bigger than a cat. The pad sits near the back door and she uses it when we first get up because I can't let her out into the garden alone because of the foxes and coyotes. They killed our wild but pet bunny this week which broke my heart. We have to wait until they disappear at dawn and even then I still watch out for them and the hawks. In summary, this little girl is the joy of my life. She is awfully good at communicating with me and I'm so pleased I fell for her when she was such a wee little thing.
    Only you can decide Sandy BUT be sure to follow your instincts.

PATSY, I too feel optimistic about the European events and pray we are right. I'm so sorry for your recent hurt and pray it soon heals love, and

JACKIE, good luck with the allotment chap. Your advice is good about the size of a grown dog. Jill is a mixture of Georges breed, chiahauhua, and pom. I think I've spelt the middle one wrong! LOL
    Anne.
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    PS. Glad I don't live in Russia. Their cost of living has risen by 14%. I think here in Canada its 7% and I sure noticed when I made out my order this week!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Meeting day and then picking up some groceries. Also need to get a card for Joe who will be 98 on Tuesday. I am taking him to lunch on Wednesday. I bought him a pillow that I think he will love.
    8p326xp03hiq.jpg
    As far as a puppy, one day at a time. First I have to see how things are going to change with a roommate before making a decision like that. I know a puppy would be company for him when I am not home which seems to be often but can he manage taking care of a puppy? I have too many other decisions to make to get my place ready for his belongings. I have to think of my DIL's allergies and if she would stay here if we had a puppy. I would have to see if my landlord would let me have a pup and the additional security deposit and/or rent increase. I am a big animal lover and having a puppy would be amazing but I also have to think about the pup and if this would be a good home for her. I need time to adjust to all the changes coming in my life but it will always be in the back of my mind. I love big dogs but for this apartment a little dog would be better especially because of pee pads. Thanks for your input and will keep you posted.

Have a great day and keep staying safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    You've answered the problem of a puppy SANDY in your above post. No puppy in Sandy and Babes joint future. I think you are being very wise, much too much going on in your life right now without adding and puppies are a lot of work.
    Great gift for Joe by the way,
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    A partly cloudy day again. Warming up during the day but nights are still pretty cold.

I am beginning limited exercises today. This dislocated hip is extremely bothersome. Everything is difficult and painful. It is better, I can walk. I can stand. I can bend a little bit. Stretches…slow and no bouncing. I think I will be able to improve without professional help. But if needed………

There must be a visiting animal of some kind out in Katie’s yard. She barks her alarm bark, the kind with her head up and howling as well. That usually means someone is at the door or deer are nibbling apples on the apple tree. She has been barking for 30 minutes at least.

I am changing the place mats on the dinning room table. Spring colors are needed and a new flowering plant for the dinning room table center. We need to finish washing windows but I need to get my hip sorted out first. As I said, this hip episode is inconvenient.

Today is a mild chili and guacamole. To me Tex-Mex food is happy food. It is because it reminds me of my childhood. We lived on it. But I am used to a wild fiery chili that lets you know you are eating chili! Woah! That would put John in the hospital!

Sandy: great gift for Joe. Did you have it made for him?

Anne: we both got puppies at the same time. I , too, offered part ownership of Katie to our son Damon. He laughs and says Katie is not for amateurs. She is smart and knows how to manipulate. A dangerous combo…and she is big.! She was supposed to be about 30lbs. Hummmmm! She weighs about 65-70 lbs. she is tall and very active. Not exactly what we thought we were buying. But she is the love of our life. Damon and, of course, John and I would not change a thing about her.
    Don’t we both feel we got the perfect doggie companion?

Seeing the amazing volunteer efforts currently fills my heart with love. Most People are basically good. The rare rotten apple can cause great havoc however.
    Sun is out, yea!
    Patsy☘️🌷☕️🦮❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Another day almost over. It has been cold, overcast with light snow. Not spring weather at all. Tomorrow we may see some sunshine but there is a high wind warning out for our area tomorrow as well.

Today was a laundry day, time to start more sprouts, finished several cards I had been working with and then a terrific surprise, a friend who I’d not spoken with for a long time called and we got wound up on discussing everything……..2 1/2 hours later we wrapped it up. 😂😂 my phone is still charging.

Patsy, your hip injury sounds so painful to me. I wish you could find a quick cure. You are very resilient! You just keep working through the pain. ❤️❤️

Anne, yes, we do not need even higher increases in the cost of living. Costs are just crazy high. Each time I look at something on Amazon that I was interested in buying or have purchased in the past, I am not seeing many prices diminishing. A case of water that used to be about $31 is now almost $60. Maybe it will go back down soon. I hope dog treats are not increasing at such a steep rate.

Sandy, I love the gift you got for Joe! Just lovely, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t love it! I hope your day went well and your grocery pickup went well.

Jackie, Max, Kerry, Angela, Harry and Paddy had big news yesterday. I believe the female dog’s name is Bella? Anyway, she had a litter of pups by Paddy. Seven new little squirming spaniels. Five males and two females I believe.

q28qxmrd6ey0.jpeg

Harry has been bred to a female as well. I am not sure when those pups are expected. I think her name is Flora?

Max is still getting along but he wears a coat more often and they sometimes limit how far he can walk. He is such a lovely dog.

ss4n0nyxauyc.jpeg

Hello to Diane and Barbie.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

tonc1j6kqig6.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    Our weather remains settled which is a treat after all that rain. I took George and Betty out earlier to the moors but it was already warming up and both of them seemed to struggle a bit so after 20 minutes, we did a wide u-turn and headed back to the car park. A lovely surprise was to see Heather walking toward us with Bella and 2 whippets she takes out for a neighbour a couple of times a week. Bella did a double take when she saw me but then looked apprehensive and I wondered if she thought I was going to take her away from Heather because her young life has been so disrupted up until now. I stroked her head then ignored her while she greeted George and Betty. It was a treat to see she is now socialised, relaxed and happy and when I broached the subject of what might happen to her, Heather said that although she hadn’t wanted a young dog in her life because she was planning to travel a bit after she lost her husband and dog last year, she does love Bella and her daughter said don’t worry mum, we’ll take care of her while you’re away. So long as the charity that brought her over from Romania don’t get involved wanting to take her back, it should be a happy ending for them both.

Not only have our pharmacies run out of lateral flow tests, the NHS online setup doesn’t have any either. I’ve told Katie I will call the hospital next week to check if I can visit without testing because I can’t be the only person having this problem.

I managed to drag a large container down the garden ready to plant courgette plants in and continued to tidy areas ready for the raised beds. I even got out the parasol from the garage for the patio area so that’s a definite sign of Spring!
    She told me there are no plans at the moment to allow Chrissie to leave hospital and I hope that’s only because they are monitoring her steroid treatment.

Sandy, I’m sure you’re right, with so many changes about to happen in your life, to add a puppy to the mix could bring added pressures. You’ll know if and when it becomes feasible.

Anne, I never remember how to spell Chihuahua so thank goodness for spellcheck, that’s if I get the first few letters right! Are your Afghan neighbours still renovating their tumble down property?

I was planning an early night but it’s already gone 11pm because I decided to watch the late news… never a good idea with so many distressing images. How quickly our world turns upside down!
    In the morning I will go early to shop for groceries and be horrified by the rising prices. On the way home from our walk I stopped at our farm shop for milk and a small container of cherry tomatoes that have increased about 70% percent! Thank goodness my seeds sprouted so hopefully I will have grown plenty of my own to enjoy.

I see someone has returned to MFP and posted on the Sneakers. I’m racking my brain to remember if I knew her!

Nite, nite 🥱😴
    Jackie

• Sandydur
    Options
    eozh3bnr6tux.png