Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,090 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Oh Jackie, that looks like the place!! Stupendous!

I have been watching the Hovis bread commercial, the remastered commercial, and then switched over to the Two Ronnies 1978 take on the vintage advert. Laughing….now stuck on watching old short clips of the Two Ronnies.

I can understand some of the dialogue in the old commercial but didn’t copy it down. So the child is delivering bread to the last customer at the top of that long hill but I couldn’t catch his name. Then the boy zooms down the hill to the baker who has the kettle on and hot slices (?) of Hovis bread. Full of wheat germ….

Loved it. Thanks. I am not getting much done since I got hooked on these old YouTube videos. 🤭

Lin ❤️❤️
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Overcast day and cool. Thank goodness rain is on the way. Our wildfire isn’t huge but big enough to be a problem. It is near a local lake….Fishhook lake. I can’t even find it on the map. that’s too bad! But it is contained and in the mop up stage. However it was about 2000 acres as I remember from the news. We got smoke and ash and I got asthma!

Hoping to talk to Damon today. He is working on a big video special effect for a gigantic rock group opening in Los Vegas. I am so old and out of touch, I have never heard of this band and I can’t even remember the name! The deadline is of course, NOT negotiable! If he is under the gun, I will not be able to chat with him at all. We have much to discuss. Changes are hard and exciting at the same time. If we stay here, I will insist on a stair chair installation. It is too risky as things are now.
    John stumbles constantly. Arthritis and osteoporosis! But all in all, we manage nicely.

Our fall colors are very muted. We have some color but the hemlock variety around here stays green and the leaves just fall off. The vine maples turn as lovely orange-yellow. Our fall wet weather is to start his weekend.

Still having trouble getting into MFP. My app doesn’t work anymore. Tried fix they suggested but it made no difference.

Lin: thank you so much for the info on the cart. I am placing an order today. I love the teapots. My kind of teapot. I have several hand thrown pottery teapots from potter friends. They weigh a ton! I of course never use them. But they are art pieces….made by friends.

Jackie: Katie has the occasionally odd behavior that our vet called, The flakies. She acts like she is terrified of us and shys away from us. He said just act like you don’t notice and try to remain calm around her. Don’t overreact. She will get over it in a day or so. She does. Thank you for thinking of us. Yes, we have our emergency suitcase at the back door. John trips over it several times a day. But it will remain there until the rains come. It is lovely that sneaker friends keep track of us.

Sandy: I do marvel at all the activity in your life. Lisa is going to be quite stressed with three youngsters, a job and commute plus the usual home responsibilities. Wonderful that you can help.

Patsy☘️

• JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ah! Home of the Brontes.

Mark and Mary Jo are here. I’ve got a jar of her delicious chutney made from our tomatoes. I know I’m old now, Mark is fixing me a short banister on the wall next to the 4 stairs going down to the back door and before you turn right at the small hall to go down the 8 stairs to the basement which has a banister.
    We went to the mail box and we three (jilly as well) got soaked with rain on the way back.

The weekend is promised to be warm. Goodbye anorak which I wore today.
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) It feels like fall here. Our maple in the front yard has turned a beautiful yellow and when the storm comes this weekend, I'm sure most of the leaves will blow all over. My yard work is finished except to wait until the sunflowers go to seed, then pull them up and harvest the seeds to plant next year. Jake plans to take in the hoses and cover the faucets.

<3 Barbie
  • JillyBurg7
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Mike tried to email me and I didn't get it.
    Grocery delivery tried to email me and I didn't get it
    Yet I received Helens email from Australia.
    What a mess. Michael will try and sort it out at the weekend.
    I sort of wish he hadn't bought me a new iPad! between you and me.
    Anne.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Lin, did you find the Two Ronnies skit about four candles/fork handles in the hardware store? Everyone over 40 still laughs and quotes it if ever the subject of buying candles comes up… classic!

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Jackie, I just found that and I have seen it once before, a long time ago. The thing is I had no idea what the last item was, so I didn’t get the final joke. They are so funny! I like these little 5 to 8 minute bits. 🤭

Lin
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Sandy, I'm glad to hear that sodium is OK for Babe. Often it's the first thing that doctors suggest limiting.. When I saw Lean Cuisine and pizza on his list of what to eat while you were gone, it worried me.

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,041 Member
    Options
    Currently, treatment for pure autonomic failure focuses on managing symptoms. There is no proven therapy to reverse the underlying neurodegenerative process. Various types of therapies can improve dizziness or lightheadedness, including medications, compression stockings, and consuming extra salt and fluids.
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Golly, I thought salt was probably the culprit as well SANDY. Lean Cuisine and Pizza worried me as well.

I'm still not getting emails so if anyone happened to send me one you will know why I haven't replied!
    Its grocery delivery day and I never got the confirmation email. Cross fingers! So here I am getting into the Sneakers for once but unable to communicate with the rest of the world, ironic!

Anne.
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    JACKIE Truss the brief has resigned. WOW!

Anne.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    JillyBurg7 wrote: »

Anne.

Yes Anne and left us in even more of a pickle! Thankfully the sun is shining, it’s incredibly warm and I’m out to do some gardening while the vultures circle Downing Street. Happy days!

Jackie

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Chilly but warming up for my meeting. I agree with how you feel about salt, but the neurologist also said to increase his salt. It seems to be working his dizziness isn't as bad as it used to be with the occasional flareup.

Jackie, big news with the prime minister resignation. I agree if it's out of our control nothing we can do about it so might as well do what you love best.

Anne, sorry about your email but I am sure Mike should be able to fix it. I know nothing about Bell so I am of no assistance. My daughter had to fix my email because I use Outlook for my three different email addresses and wanted them all in one place. If your friendly grocery lady is correct your groceries should arrive safe and sound.

Hello to the rest of the sneakers but Thursdays are short mornings. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Yes, my new friend was correct. The groceries arrived.
    Mark is here fixing my toilet. He had to go and buy new fixtures because everything in this house is so old except Jilly.
    Just got to get the email fixed tomorrow and away we go.
    No peace for the wicked as they say,
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello! Overcast and rain expected, we need it badly. Our fire in the forested area that is only a few miles from us, keeps flaring up. It is in a very dense forest area with very steep ravines and cliff areas. Very hard to fight that wildfire. It is strongly suspected that it was started by people at a campground shooting fireworks! Can’t say enough nasty words about that.

John decided to ride his exercise bike waaaaaay too long and hard and consequently super stressed his knee. Now it is wrapped and he had to ice it and keep it elevated. I tell ya!!! Sometimes I am convinced he never developed past teenagerhood. He is a great guy. But as the saying goes…he ain’t easy!

When John developed an occasional heart arrthrymia, we had to pay very close attention to electrolytes balance. Salt was part if that. We need a balance to keep things operational, I guess. John declares every morning he has to glue himself together and some mornings it takes more glue than others. True story there.

This is trash gathering day. I love the feeling of discarding trash. It is liberating. That must be an American problem. We waste too much. We throw useful things away because we get tired of it.
    And we tend to buy too much.

Anne: your email issue explains why I have not heard from you on our children's story. I wondered? I love the iPad but mine isn’t a brand new version. I also dread getting new devices. The learning curve, for me, is immense. But the I love these things once I get the hang of it.

Jackie: there are times when I would love the idea of electing a party instead of a person. In our case that would be very risky. We have a lot nutty people running for office right now. I do think letting your representative know how you feel and what’s not working. Not sure how things work in England but here, if public officials get a lot of public comment, they pay attention. That means their re-election is in trouble.

Sandy: so glad you are there to help Babe with his health issues. There are times it take two people to stay upright.

Barbie: hello! Is rain heading your way too?

Lin: my wheeled cart should be here soon. It will be quite funny. Me dragging the cart and Katie following the cart and Katie dragging one of her big stuffed animal friends, and John following both of us giving us advice and warning me about falling!

Take care, one and all.
    Patsy☘️

• linder4866
    edited October 2022
    Options
    jacAth3 wrote: »
    JillyBurg7 wrote: »

Anne.

Yes Anne and left us in even more of a pickle! Thankfully the sun is shining, it’s incredibly warm and I’m out to do some gardening while the vultures circle Downing Street. Happy days!

Jackie

Shortest tenure in the history of that office! Well, that was worth all the fighting and debate right? 44 days! Now will she hang around and wait for someone new to be appointed before she leaves? Or is she packing now? Some news guy here said maybe Boris will put his hand in the air again. Oh my!

Politics are all too crazy to follow. Yipes. I hope someone more competent will be the next Prime Minister.

Busy day. A trip to the library, a long telephone call with a friend. Although she was not in a particularly good mood. I had a bit more online banking to do and I have an item I would like to send back. I corresponded with them and they are a bit rigid in their rules. Even though I kept most of my order, I am required to use the same box they used to mail to me. I have everything prepared and will take it to the post office tomorrow. If the postage is high, it will not be worth sending back. Did a little bit of vegetable container cleanup, getting down to the last of them.

Worked on another card. It didn’t turn out to be exactly what I wanted but I still think it’s cute. And while I was at it, I boxed up another card donation. These cards had more layers and not as many would fit into the box.

Anne, I hope your email is straightened out soon. And glad you got your grocery order.

Patsy, I have a vision of all of you trailing along. Cute❤️❤️ I hope John’s knee is healed soon.

Jackie, it is much warmer here now. Very good news. No rain however, bad news. It may get up to around 80 degrees with the potential for storms by Sunday. Oh yeah, severe weather watches coming back.

Sandy, Thursdays are busy days for you. Congratulations to Lisa on getting the job she wanted. It sounds as if the family schedule may be a bit hectic going forward. Best wishes to Babe. I am glad he is doing better. ❤️❤️

Barbie, hello. ❤️

Diane, a long distance hello to you as well. ❤️

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A witchy teapot!
    e6g3rvd66tjc.jpeg

• barbiecat
    edited October 2022
    Options
    :) Yes, we had a bit of rain today. It felt cold and damp all day even though the temperature was all that low. I did all my walking but wore leggings under my jeans this morning for the first time this season and a warmer jacket with scarf and hat for my walk in the afternoon.

:) You can take the boy out of junior high, but you can't take junior high out of the boy.

<3 Barbie
  • JillyBurg7
    Options
    Morning all. Ive woken up all bushy tailed and rarin' to go. Not so Bean. She ate her brekkie and went back to bed.

The new "works" in the toilet work a dream, thank you Mark! However the bidet [yes I have a very old bidet] is leaking a little now. I expect to see Mark later! but not Michael because he has to work today. So another day of a wonky iPad. What would we do without these little things to keep us busy!

There IS good news about the present British politics. The comedians will have a field day! I thought the remark about poor Liz not surviving as long as a head of lettuce rather cruel. AND Boris might return! That would liven things up further. He IS likeable and has more charisma than Liz.
    All things pass and all will be back to normal by the new year. In the meantime no-one in their right minds can call Canadian politics exciting which is why we all have our noses glued to the BBC.

So, I guess the day will bring Mark and his bidet repairing tools which Jilly Bean will find exciting. I think I'm the only person in Canada who owns a never used bidet. The bathroom would be cavernous without it.

Read everybody's posts and forest fires etc seem under control. Now if we can all survive the day without tripping up it should be a lovely warming up a bit day here at least.

Cuppa tea awaits.

Anne.

• JillyBurg7
    Options
    Just checked, It’s 32 F here right now. Anne,
  • Sandydur
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Cool this morning but getting up to 70 today. Lisa is not going to Ohio after all this weekend as Charlie has strep throat. She said she will not be contagious by Sunday so we made plans to take kiddos to pumpkin farm on Sunday, weather will be in lower 70's, so should be a nice day. Doing laundry and then going to get my teeth cleaned this afternoon. Will stop at store for a couple of things I forgot on my grocery order yesterday plus they were out of stock on one of my items.
    My friend's granddaughter had her baby a month early and the baby boy has to stay in hospital until he can feed himself. Her granddaughter is beyond upset as is my friend. This is the first great grandbaby and he weighed in at 5 1/2 pounds. She said her granddaughter hasn't been able to hold him yet so you can imagine how she feels.

Anne, my ex SIL has a bidet in her bathroom and whenever I am there I have to use it at least once. I hope Mark finds the leak and you should go ahead and use it, feels good. lol

Barbie, that time of year when layers are starting to be added. I have been in a sweatshirt this last week.
    Changed my summer clothes out for winter clothes so of course now we will get Indian summer.

Lin, I do hate when we have to pay for shipping on returned items which is why I buy most of my stuff on Amazon. Sometimes the shipping is more than the product.

Patsy, I am trying to help Babe get stronger but today he is filled with anxiety so I am making him an appointment with a psychiatrist. He has never talked to anyone about his son's death or for that matter his first wife's death. He keeps everything inside and I think talking will help him. We will see.

Hello to Jackie and anyone else reading our posts. Have a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time