Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,088 Member
    Options
    Hello. Survived another night of storms. Winds, hail, and a tornado or two. The storms came in waves this time 3 waves passed through this area. One was particularly frightening to me as the weather folks were tracking a heavy storm and they kept giving roads and locations. Argh! It was coming right at this neighborhood and then thankfully it became less damaging and we had a strong thunderstorm with a bit of wind and hail. I am very thankful.

The temperature has dropped from near 80 degrees F yesterday afternoon to 33 degrees F and windy. I may do a bit more laundry and then I plan to work on making cards to send to the card charity and yes, I need a couple more birthday cards.

Sandy, I hope the doctor finds the solution to getting you back to 100%. 🤞🏻

Patsy, glad to hear that you have a protocol to address your a fib. ❤️❤️ I am a YouTube fan as well. Anything and everything is available there. The commercials bother me a bit but I always skip if I have the option. I know that probably causes the person/company who created/uploaded the video to make less money. Oh well. What a wonderful neighbor. The blackberries will stay under control! Sending best wishes to John. I hope the upcoming appointment with a neurologist will produce some answers.

Time to finish my coffee and run along.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

90vcbrrcwt3a.jpeg

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello All. Wow Lin, what weather. Now I really feel guilty complaining. Cold and windy tho for us here in the San Joaquin Valley. I had my first PT session. It was long but good. I have a lot of exercises to start on. My daughter Debbie drove me and they invited her back with me. I like having someone with me, as if I forget to mention something, they pop up and say😲. It was actually fun as she watched me do all the tests, and then the exercises. Afterward we went by a Mexican restaurant and they had a Lent menu. I tried the grilled shrimp salad. It was very flavorful and no dressing came with it. MFP showed me all the protein and veggies I got in for lunch. Of course, we ate way too many chips with the salsa.
    Sandy, hope you are finding out about your health. Did you know there is a man on TikTok who is on a eat nothing but McD for 100 days but….eat only half. He just had his labs done and they improved! Interesting.
    Lin, do you have a teapot collection? Luv the Easter Bunny.
    Off now to eat breakfast and do my crossword.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Hello! The site is still slow for me but I will plod along and see what happens. Back to cool and wet weather but I grocery shopped early to avoid crowds then, when I was about to walk George and Betty, my friend who had a recent dementia diagnosis, phoned and we chatted for half an hour because her husband was out playing golf and I guessed she wanted human contact, even if over the phone. The dogs had enjoyed a long walk in yesterday afternoon’s sunshine so were not bothered to go far today, just long enough to do what was needed and once home I decided to drive to the nearest garden centre, about 20 miles away to find a birthday gift for Jill that George and I once walked with regularly. Knowing she loves Lupins I bought her a couple of plants to pot up for the summer, whenever it arrives! David phoned while I was there because he had seen a pretty Scottish cottage for sale online on the west coast that he thought might suit me but when I got home and checked I saw it was one I had looked at but decided it is too remote…. Perhaps if I was 20 years younger!!

I lit my main fire in the dining room as soon as I got home and have spent a couple of hours catching up with internet business mostly connected to my efforts to open a new bank account. The app I downloaded refuses to recognise my user name even though I received a new bank card and paperwork in today’s post but I have to be in the right mood for any phone discussion!
    Lin my passport expired at the start of the lockdowns and because we were told it would only last about 3 weeks I didn’t bother to renew but then of course we rolled from one to the next and two years on, here I am! My only concern is if I have to suddenly travel to Spain where my brother lives, although he does have 3 daughters in England to help him if needed.

YouTube is my favourite source of entertainment too whether it is dog rescue videos or investigations into any number of naughty goings on. Scamming scammers is always fun and tarot card readings if not taken seriously! I click on the skip ads box as soon as it appears!

I bought hot cross buns this morning but another customer who was acting like he had forgotten to take medication was behaving bizarrely in the dairy section so in avoiding him I forgot to buy butter and a hot cross bun without a dollop is not the same! A lone cup of tea then! 🫤

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,040 Member
    Options
    Bronchitis it is, now on a zpack, inhaler and codeine cough medicine. Should be fine by Easter and feel hopeful I will be back to normal soon. Thank goodness.
    Sandy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    zn7rvbxyf1qu.jpg
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Wow, what a day yesterday was. We woke up in the early hours to a tremendous thunderstorm. Lightening constantly making it look like day in the early hours and tremendous thunderclaps which had Jilly crawling under the bedding. Then it never stopped pouring lashing rain all day. Quite frightening so I can imagine how you felt LIN. We had the tornado warnings but nothing occurred here at least. Gorgeous teapot. Who can resist a beautiful bunny.

Glad you saw the doctor SANDY. Bronchitis is not good. My mil was a sufferer every year.

So it was a very much stay at home day yesterday. I caught up on recordings of “All Creatures Great and Small whilst trying to see out of the rain pouring down the windows. Grocery delivery day today which should liven things up a bit. I wonder how the delivery folks coped with yesterday? It is plus 8C right now, so we are warming up and thank goodness it wasn’t snow.

So breakfast time for boring old Anne and the not so boring Jilly the Beano. ❤️
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Starting to feel better every day, so glad I went to the doctor. The sun is finally shining and it looking like a great day for Easter Sunday. Things are looking up!! :)

Anne, sorry to hear your MIL suffered with this every year, I do hope this is a one time thing. Your weather sounds horrible as did Lin's, I am glad you are both okay. Hard to believe some people do not believe in Global warming.

Barbie, so true!!!

Jackie, are you interested in moving? Or are you like me and just look to see what is available?

Virruth, always nice to have someone with you for medical questions and to help motivate you with your therapy. I don't think I could eat Mc Donald's every day but if it worked for him more power to him.

Lin, again, glad you are safe from all the storms. I too, love that bunny teapot.

Patsy, glad you got good news about your AFIB which I believe is common in us elderly people. Babe had his for years along with other heart issues. Now to find out how to help John to ease your busy mind.

Have a great day and hopefully the sun will come out for all of us.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello Sneakers. It’s been a busy day starting with walking on the moors. The plan was to spend half an
    hour there before collecting my friend Christine and visiting other friend Jill whose birthday is tomorrow. Not a good start because as soon as I got out of my car with George and Betty I could hear David calling me from some distance so we met and chatted before another dog walker called Paul that I hadn’t seen since he and his wife had a holiday in the Caribbean stopped to join us. David went home and I walked a short way with Paul until I decided I needed to go in a different direction to give my pooches more of a walk but as soon as I made my excuses another dog walker came along and stopped to talk! In the end I gave up and drove to pick up Christine who had lots of jam jars to drop off for Linda then we did eventually get to Jill’s and stay for coffee while her dogs Scruff, Mischa and Cupid raced about like crazy things! I finally dropped Christine back home then returned to enjoy a pasty I bought at the local shop, then spent my afternoon gardening. I’m now about to collapse in a pile!
    Sandy, predictive text nearly always changes Pasty to Patsy or vice versa and I’m sure I do sometimes miss that it has changed!

When our weather was so awful and I was becoming stir crazy I did wonder if I would be happier living somewhere else because Cornwall has changed lots since I moved here over 30 years ago but the thought of the upheaval involved puts me off. I happened to mention to David during a dog walk weeks ago that I was looking at areas of Scotland, only because he had once told me he spent time there with grandparents during school holidays and he jumped at the chance of having something to do on rainy days by looking at properties for sale, uninvited I hasten to add! Anyway, I now feel it’s too far away to contemplate house searches but am trying to break it to him gently!

Barbie, I love the notice about an angry Winter. It is exactly like that here in Cornwall. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my county watching Escape to the Country. It’s all a bit waterlogged at the moment!

I only ever had bronchitis once in my teens Sandy but do remember it was a slow process to shake it off so go with the flow!

Washing up, then time to curl up under a throw!
    Jackie 🥰
  • virruth
    Options
    Yes, Anne, how can some not believe in climate change.
    Sandy….hope the antibiotics are kicking in and you are feeling better.
    Barbie, I also loved that post about winter.
    Jackie, wow your life sounds so romantic…as in a Bronte novel….i cant imagine walking on the moors!
    I just got back from grocery shopping with Debbie. We have a store called Food Max….is a huge warehouse and you bag all your own. My back was hurting, my heart rate was up, etc. I decided its not for me anymore. I am going back to grocery pick-up or delivery.
    Well, thats my treat! Really I have it so easy with two daughter so close…they spoil me.
  • barbiecat
    edited April 2023
    Options
    :) I squeezed in about 30 minutes of pulling weeds and spreading bark before the wind came up. Now I am riding my exercise bike and enjoying the fire Jake built in the woodstove

:) The mobile groomer came yesterday and now Bessie smells sweet her nails are trimmed and she enjoyed the session. It was money well spent

:)virruth. We have been using grocery curbside pickup for two years and love it. We go to Costco about once every two months for some products we can't get at the grocery store.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello. It’s been a day of moving from one task to another, talking on the phone and texting. It feels like the holiday has already started. The financial markets are closed tomorrow. I need to drop off a FedEx return in the morning. The downside of ordering clothing online. The sweater doesn’t fit. I am not trying another size. Just need a refund. I could use a few groceries but I think I will try to hold on until Monday. I really would like more fresh zucchini but I have other veggies.

Virruth, I like to post a photo of a teapot everyday (not mine).I like them, I have a few, my mom collected them for a while and I used to drink tea with each of the grandmothers and somehow I acquired a fondness for all things related to tea. The Sneakers have been kind enough to not object to my little hobby. 😎

Sandy, I am happy you are feeling a bit better already. I hope Easter is a good day!

Jackie, my gosh, I can not believe how many acquaintances you ran into today! Did you ever get the butter needed for the hot cross buns? And I had no idea you’d not had a valid passport for so long. I just read an article saying, U.S. citizens needing a passport renewal should expect at least 13 weeks processing time. 🤦🏼‍♀️ That is a long wait if you want to plan a trip and want be sure you will be able to travel.

Anne, argh, what a stormy wet day you and the Bean endured. I hope grocery delivery goes well and that no additional rain is expected soon.

Barbie, good for you. More work accomplished. 👍🏻👍🏻

I hope my church live streams tonight’s service. I will be checking.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

jk3xlstkhaen.jpeg

• virruth
    Options
    Lin, i luv you little hobby. The teapots are cute. Alas, i just drop a bag in a cup of water…but like looking at “yours”
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Evening all. I’ve just lost my post. It wasn’t very exciting but here goes……again

For a start the storm of yesterday carried on to delight folks east of us. It turned into an ice storm on the east coast and looked beautiful on the tv news with ice sculptured trees which I guess wouldn’t thrill the easterners much.

Much nicer day here. The groceries turned up with a new grocery delivery guy who wanted to pet an excited Jilly, but she just wanted to play “chase me” which he didn’t oblige.

Then Mark and Mary Jo rolled up with electric saws to prune my two apple trees. More excitement on Jillys part and they did chase her for a bit until I took her for a walk for a sniff, her next most exciting thing in life. Oh to be a dog eh! Anyway six Easter chocolate bunnies were in my order so they finally went home clutching a bunny each. At 58 years you are still young enough to nibble a chocolate bunnies ears.

Oh JACKIE, I often get the urge to totter onto a plane and buy a stone cottage in the beautiful Yorkshire dales. My pipe dream, but it ain’t going to happen. For a start all my British generation are now in the happy hunting grounds, secondly who would be daft enough to approve a mortgage for an 87 year old and of course thirdly I’d be terribly isolated with my two lads and their families 3000 miles away. Jilly would have to go into quarantine where she’d be most unhappy being a somewhat spoilt little 9 lb doggie. AND I haven’t renewed my British passport. My second choice would be the Hebrides. Fortunately, it’s a passing fancy for me because I am very happy here and truly blessed. Memory comes with rose tinted glasses. Walking on the Yorkshire moors is lovely on a warm summer day but not so lovely when a gale is blowing up your kilt from the North Sea.

Mike is over tomorrow and the Ms are going to spray the pruned trees. More excitement for the Bean who is fast asleep exhausted right now.

Anne off to make a teapot of what else, tea.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Another wet da, chilly day. The incredible thing is that our neighbor is out in front of our house pressure washing the house. Katie is barking non-stop. John is off getting the taxes done. (This is a heart stopping thing. He insisted on doing it himself as always. Hoping he can get through this. He seems okay today but not great.)

I am feeling just fine.other than dealing with all the noise from Katie, pressure washer, phone ringing from daughter and our son and a friend. The day has been crazy chaos filled. Also a realitor dropped by with an idea for our son. It know the house. It is inhabited by a horder. Kind of sad. It is a nice house but the cleanup will be massive!

Lin: I do love seeing the daily teapots. I drink mainly coffee. Some tea. Mainly flavored teas, the kind no English lady would ever drink. Orange/cinnamon/clove sweet tea. And to make matters worse I use Splenda instead of sugar or honey.

Barbie: We use Walmart curbside pickup. Also Fred Meyer and occasionally we go into costco. But this is becoming very difficult for John and for me. But we are doing okay. You are right, there are things in Costco that are not available anywhere else.

Sandy: I am so glad you went to see the doctor. You are very good about checking with medical professionals. I wish I could adopt your good attitude.

Jackie: we have lived in this house also about 30 years. Things have changed here also. We have changed! We have a huge area to take care of. But John would not be happy anywhere else. We have talked about aging in place. Our kids can’t imagine us anywhere but here. I dream of a smaller place with less stuff. Instead I will get rid of as much stuff as I can. Simplify!

Hello Anne, Jeri, Diane, Viruth and all sneakers.
    Eat your chocolate bunny ears first. Never start t the toes! First warned me by the sales person at Woolworth many many years ago.
    Patsy☘️🐰🐣
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    I’ve been locked out again. Will return when I can figure things out. Won’t be for a few days though as a busy weekend is looming up. Hope you all can see this. It’s the fitness part that’s gone so far, and MFP won’t accept my password.
    Hope fervently everyone is well and enjoying the Easter weekend.
    ❤️🙃❤️🐕‍🦺 Anne.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Lost my post even after selecting Save Draft!

fchz6b3ad12r.jpeg

A glorious morning walk with views of mist rolling over the River Tamar.

Still struggling to type so will come back later when fewer chores queuing up.
    Jackie 🥰🐥🐥🐥🐰🐰🐇
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) Whenever I have a yearning to live somewhere else I look for YouTube videos and enjoy the scenery from the comfort of my living room on my exercise bike. It works every time.
  • Sandydur
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Happy Good Friday! :) The sun is out and we are expecting a beautiful week. Laundry is started and another day of rest. I am feeling much better and only have a slight cough which is being helped by the inhaler and cough medicine. Two more days of the zpack and I am hoping to be back to normal.
    I had good news yesterday. My landlord stopped by and talked to me about my condo and said that he is not raising my rent and if I want a year or two year lease when mine is up that would be fine.
    He also has a 3 bedroom condo on the next street and if I wanted that one he would give it to me for the same price. It is on the first floor so I am thinking about it. I have to remember someone would be above me and maybe not feeling as secure as the second floor. I am nice and comfortable in my place although he is a terrible landlord as far as fixing things. I think I would at least like to see the other place but the thought of moving is just terrible. My first step would be to go to the doctor to check out my hip.
    I am having some pain when I go up the stairs but it could also be from my scoliosis and maybe a cortisone shot would help. I have a lot to think about.

Enjoy your day and take a minute to say a prayer around 3pm if you are a believer.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • virruth
    Options
    Jackie, beautiful pic.
    Sandy, take good care of yourself. I will say a prayer for you when I do my online Good Friday service.
    For now I am going to do my PT exercises.
  • linder4866
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Good afternoon. I too am having some difficulty with MFP loading pages, conversations and posts. Never know when something will work! Or when it will not.

I did some laundry today, cooked some nice beans (cranberry beans), got some tofu into the press to get the water out, soaked some more broccoli seeds to start another batch of sprouts. I did get my return package dropped off and spent a bit of time looking around the store while I was there. Walgreens is my closest FedEx return location. This afternoon I was able to place a small grocery order and got it picked up. Now I have a nice supply of frozen blueberries, yogurt and a few fresh zucchini. 👍🏻👍🏻

Sandy, you have much to consider. Moving is a tremendous amount of work. I will pray for you as well. Sorry, I didn’t see your request until after 3pm. Many blessings. ❤️🙏🏻❤️

Virruth, good for you, sticking with your PT exercises.

Barbie, I love to look at photos of other beautiful locations every day. I don’t want to move, it is just so interesting to see these images.

Anne, enjoy your busy Easter weekend. And I hope your logins work next time you try.

Jackie, so in your area are folks with dogs asked keep them on leashes during lambing season? Kerry has said many times that dogs can worry sheep and that can cause much harm in lambing season. I hope MFP is working for you now. Every time I hit post, the square appears that it is going to post but it just hangs there for an indefinite amount of time before it decides whether or not to complete the task.

Patsy, I hope the tax appointment went well and John did not have too much stress with this task. Are your children going to stop by your home this weekend?

Time to get back to my chores. Hope to see the Good Friday service this evening.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Look at this assortment of teapots!

attmr3guvl7n.jpeg