Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    Anne, aha, Jilly is a great little companion although it would be much nicer if your sleep schedules matched. 😉

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Finally able to go to meeting today and so happy about that. It is a beautiful day with warm temps and sunshine. I will stop after my meeting to buy three birthday cards for my son, my daughter in law and my son in law who will all be 60 in the next few months. I told my son he is getting old. lol Hard to believe I have a son that old but it is hard for me to believe I am 81.

Have a great day everyone and keep staying healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Nice sunny morning but a skiff of snow on the grass. Our daughter’s 47th birthday is coming up (how is that possible). I remember birthday parties over the years. Some were snowy and cold and others featured little girls running around outside in pretty dresses. Times definitely have changed, I don’t see too many pretty dresses at the granddaughters bd parties.

We went to watch The Lion King performed by our 11 year old grandson’s school. Grades 4-6. It was fun to see.

Tonight we go see Annie performed by the school our other grandkids go to. This one will be much better done. It’s a Choir school where everyone must belong to the choir.

Keep well. Be happy. Love life.

Jeri
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Lost a post again!! Might try later. 😩😢
    Jackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) It is spring today at our house. Temperatures above 60 degrees. Jake and I have done 90 minutes of work and now we're relaxing with Jeopardy

<3 Barbie
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My bra arrived with two tops. Absolutely delighted with all three and in fact I’m going to order another bra, same make. It’s a make I bought when I was a young thing in England and I’m still delighted with it! The funny thing is it isn’t a M&S brand. They seem to be selling other makes these days. Jaeger etc.
    Anne.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi all. A busy day with errands in a.m. and PT in afternoon. I have a goal to get stronger and more balanced so I dont suffer so many falls. Have a ways to go, cant always do the required reps. But the therapists are all so sweet and understanding.
    Sandy, my oldest daughter’s birthday is tomorrow and I am treating all to lunch. She will be 67. I cannot believe it either.
    Jeri, so happy you live close enough to see grandchildren in plays, etc. my greatgrand kids live too far for me to do that.
    Jackie, so sorry you lost your post. I hate that. Even sometimes with text messages, they disappear and its so annoying.
    Barbie, glad to see temp up a bit for you. Lori and I play Jeopardy every nite. We have to be a team as we shout out the answers at the tv…because Our memories are such that we stutter and try to get the answer out and end up describing what we are thing of. I got Final the other nite when it was the Warner Bros…being 85…that helped.
    Anne, so glad the bras worked out. I found some Instagram bras recently! I have always been ample and my bras always underwired. Insta had a picture ad of ladies happy with their no wire bras. I tried it and never going to change back.
    Well, I am going to pamper myself now (well I tried in therapy) with some reading. DI Janssen awaits and this book in the series is in Sheringham, a coastal town, and a mans body has been found!
    Joy
  • linder4866
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Good evening. My Internet connection and cable TV went out this morning. All was supposed to be up and running by 5pm. My Internet connection was restored early in the afternoon but no cable TV. I received a text that the outage ticket was being closed, did I still have any issues?

Well, that provoked a very long tedious exchange of text messages. They cannot get my service restored and scheduled an appointment for May 5th in the morning. That is a very long time without my usual doses of entertainment and news.

I am very unhappy with the company. And I found out later that it isn’t just my house, there are 3 other neighbors within a block of me with the same problem. Internet is back on but no TV. Sounds to me as if some feeder line to our houses was breached. I don’t think they need to come I to my house, I think they need to check the lines.

I have been investigating Sling TV and other options but so far, no one has all my local over the air stations which I enjoy quite a lot. I did try an over the air antenna once upon a time and couldn’t get any reception here.

On a happier note, I did get my lettuce plants potted up and planted some potatoes. I need to get out another container and drag some bags of potting soil out to the deck to fill them bit that’s a job for another day.

With that, I am going to close now and charge my ghost iPad. (Yes Anne, when the Internet was restored, it powered itself up and spoke to me!).

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

td7fd94nuvdj.jpeg
  • virruth
    Options
    Lin, that is so unacceptable internet/cable. I have Comcast - well Lori has it - and she calls and tells them its not right with the price we pay. She and Debbie also call and say its so expensive, is there a sale going on you can offer. And the usually say they can lower a bit. My son in Georgia cut the cord and signed up for You Tube. Its much cheaper than what he was paying with Direct Tv. Lori says she cant switch over because they dont show Science channel or something she watches. But it may be worth a little research. Mike loves it.
    And also, maybe they should give you refund for days without service!
    Nothing makes me rant like a TV problem😲
    Joy
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I agree Lin. What about Hulu? Two of my kids have UTube Tv. I have Comcast because I love their internet and I have wireless.
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Jillys training is coming along fine! Up at 5am for a quick trot and then back to bed with me until 6:30am to watch the sun creeping over our windowsill.

All for now, but who wants TV these days! Apart from Jeopardy; TV programs up here are a dead loss. Well I did watch Father Brown last night. The world news is rarely good these days and I’m just not interested in a bunch of grubby looking folks “surviving” on some desert island or ancient politicians trying to look 25 when tottering up plane steps. I much rather be engrossed in drawing, painting, writing about LINs ghostly iPad, the vacuum cleaner etc and even better, soon gardening time will be here again.

From the above you will gather the Ms don’t fly back from Miami until tonight, so no doubt they will add to the “excitement” tomorrow.

Anne about to have a shower, shut her eyes, and imagine being surrounded by palm trees. 🌴🌴🌴🏖️😎

• jacAth3
    Options
    Ok, I’m going to try to post without it flying off the screen.

Barney postponed his gardening visit yesterday because we had torrential rain but did pop round to go over what I want pruned and cut down. The original plan was that he do the work back in February but it’s been too wet and now some shrubs are flowering and birds nesting in a hedge so it’s Plan B. Possibly next Friday but I won’t hold my breath.
    It is certainly milder today so I took the dogs on to the moors before collecting Linda for our coffee and cake outing. The tea shop was so busy I had to park out on the road and we were lucky to get the last available table. Linda told me all about her recent visit to Wales, the land of legends, that turned out to be so spooky she felt the spirits didn’t want her there and so many things went awry she’s happy to be home!
    One of the packets of tomato seeds she bought a while ago only had half the amount shown on the pack so she had phoned the company to complain and they sent her another, with just 6 Indigo Rose black tomato seeds so I need to be very careful propagating them!
    I’m home and doing some housework but of course, have stopped for my afternoon cup of tea!

British tv has gone all dark and moody dramas and reality series these days that don’t particularly interest me so I find YouTube entertaining. The BBC does have an excellent selection of movies but I cancelled Netflix and Amazon a while ago and can’t say I miss them.

Anne, M&S used to get all their clothing manufactured in Wales and I think made a bad decision years ago to buy abroad because they lost their individual style so became run of the mill. To bring their business back from the brink their buyers turned to reputable labels. I buy my undies there because their sizes have always suited my shape.

It feels wonderful to finally have doors and a few windows open to allow the fresh air in. Lots of large bumblebees buzzing round the shrubs that like to pop in for a visit until I gently persuade them to pop out again!
    It’s already 4pm so I will plant the precious seeds then do a little more housework.

This morning’s treat has wrecked my healthy eating plans but I’ll stick to salad this evening!
    Jackie 🥰

• Loveburg87
    Options
    Unbelievable. Windows OPEN to let the bumble bees in and out! JACKIE! I went out to pick up my trash bin and couldn’t get back inside fast enough. I’ve text the Ms in Miami to have their winter woollies ready when they land at Pearson Airport tonight. Probably spoilt their last hot day, but better warned than be in bed with pneumonia methinks. No sign of a busy buzzy bee here.

Anne.

• jacAth3
    Options
    Anne, it’s amazing after our freezing north winds and constant rain that 14C feels like summer! The fruit blossom is bursting forth as well as Azalea shrubs. I do remember when I lived in Toronto, 4C felt balmy after a bitter winter… not something I miss! My last holiday with partner John was in West Palm Beach and I do still remember the shock to the system returning to a bleak, cold Toronto in February so feel for Mark and MJ!

Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Mark text to say it’s 30C in Miami, it’s now reached 10C here. It feels colder. Hey enjoy! 14C isn’t much higher though. I think I feel the cold more these days. I believe JOY is the same.?
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Happy Friday!😘. Went to see cardiologist today.
    The good news is that because I quit smoking 31 years ago I probably saved my life. The other good news is that I don't need an angiogram but he is doing two other tests to make sure all is okay. An echocardiogram with contrast and a myocardial perfusion study. One is a stress test the other an ultra sound of my heart. If all is good which he thinks will be then they can give me meds to help. Diet and exercise also help. So tests are being done June 26. Blood work the week before. In other words I am fine. Just bring precautious.

Therapy on my back starts in May so hopefully by pool time I will be in good shape. Not easy trying to take care of health but worth it.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • virruth
    Options
    Anne, I get mixed up so much ….. are you saying same with me for cold bones or for temperature?! Yes, I dont take cold winters anymore…cant seem to warm up and wouldnt fare well in Canada. Yes, also, to my Cali temperature. Today it is a lovely 95. Now in spite of my complaining about cold….I actually dont take heat…so was outside this morning doing my PT stretches by the pool and it was lovely. Right now, I cant go outside in the heat so I am sitting in family room with a little personal fan blowing cool air on me! ❤️
    Sandy, thinking of you today. I get all those heart exams each year. I am scheduled for August. It is always reassuring to hear “all is fine” after the test results are in. Let us know how things go.
    Also in therapy for my back.
    Joy
  • linder4866
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello, waving to everyone. I didn’t sleep much last night and am quite tired. I heard from a friend this morning. She and her hubby lost one of their much loved Tonkinese cats. Mikey was a beauty who went camping with them and loved to play with his cat toys and an app on the iPad. Total shock, he was only a couple of years old and was diagnosed with heart failure. They took him to the best animal facility in the state and the doctor said there was nothing they could do for him. Now they have one kitty, a younger one, and I would imagine also very confused without his companion.

Be safe everyone.

Glad everyone seems to be doing okay.

Hugs all around.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

s00h9hjdgwpp.jpeg
  • Loveburg87
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Cold bones JOY. There was a time when I loved the cold and enjoyed skiing etc. Today, I’m a middle of the roader. Only happy weather wise when it’s about 75 Fahrenheit and how often does that happen except indoors of course with furnace or a/c.

It’s pouring with rain outside to greet the Ms when they land in about a hour from now. At least the seedlings are still with us and instead of two leaves each are sporting four.
    Anne.
  • virruth
    Options
    Anne, yes, only diff is I was born and raised in San Francisco…..mild weather. Never did like trips to the snow, etc. but, yes, my old bones ached all thru our rather mild winter.
    So glad your seedlings are surviving.
    Joy