Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday morning to all. First, Patsy, how clever of you to find ways to PT your dear John. I am thinking of you. And Sandy, saying prayers you are healing from your grief and taking care of yourself. Sometimes we spend so much time taking care of others, we neglect ourselves. Jackie, in sunny Cali we have been having the coldest wind gusts…robbing us of the Springtime we love. Soon it will be so hot we cant manage! I will enjoy my morning coffee thinking of you weeding and seeding. Deb will pick me up and take me to PT later. I actually am looking forward to it. I mean Kyle is a sweet young man, easy on the eyes, who just wants to make me feel better!
    Hope everyone had a good day.😍
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) It is still chilly and drizzly here. Great for walking but not for yard work. Fortunately I have lots of satisfying indoor projects

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    Good evening. MFP is playing. I don’t see many of your posts until the next day. I am going to bed early. We did have many overnight storms. But mostly noise from strong wind and pouring rain. I lost some sleep. Now the thermostat is heading down!

Patsy, I hope you can avoid this relative. He sounds a bit like a snake oil salesman. ❤️❤️

Joy, how did your day turn out?

Sandy, busy time for you. Enjoy your time with your son and his wife. I know you will.

Jackie, that will be an interesting visit. Twenty years! You will never catch up on everything.

Anne. will Michael be stopping over to visit you while the MMS are away?

Nothing interesting here today.

Be safe my friends.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

980097hlsgp8.jpeg
  • virruth
    Options
    Barbie, enjoy being indoors.
    Lin, my day was great, I told Kyle I did not want to do anything because my back felt worse….although only a No.4 on the pain scale. He put me in a chair with heat pak. Then put me on a table and used a tuning fork type tool to see if there were any indications of spinal fracture. There were none. So while poking and prodding my back, he would ask hurt now, you ok, etc. I said to him it feels like I should book a massage. So he gave me a ten minute massage. Then, still on table, I did a few easy hip stretches. And then I left til next week! Deb and I decided to go home to Debs and Charlie and Lori and I had a nice lunch. Tomorrow we drive Lori to the airport at 9:00.
    Joy
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Never a dull moment it seems around here. First off Sandy, my husband and I are still together living in a senior community not far from where we raised our two kids. Both married, our daughter and her husband live about 1/2 hr away in a rural area. Two of their 3 kids are still at home...17 and 12. Our son, wife and 2 girls moved to Tennessee almost a year ago. They love it there, but we sure do miss seeing them. Joy....I spent my first 18 yrs in the Bay Area. It was a great place to live many years ago, but has really changed. Glad to be up in Northern California now for many years.

I too have been busy doing some major spring cleaning around here. My husband decided to go thru a lot of paperwork he had stored away taking far more time than he wished. He said to me to be sure he doesn't allow that to happen again. I try to stay on top of my sorting, but he has just learned a lesson in life.

During one of his computer sessions he made the mistake of opening up something. He responded to a PayPal message that turned out to be a scam. Many minutes later he realized something was not right. I dropped a bug in his ear after eavesdropping for a few minutes. It could have been a very costly mistake and hit on our bank account, but he suddenly realized what was happening. We beelined to our credit union praying a costly mistake hadn't happened. Thankfully the other had not realized my husband was no longer involved. Our bank was able to correct the monetary problem and all accounts were closed. Plus we had to take out computer to Best Buy to have them give us a clean bill of health to give to the bank. 5 days later and a few $$ we will get it back hoping to not lose a lot of info ie genealogy and photos ect. So be very careful when you answer your phones and open things on the computer. It will be a while before this is all straightened out.

Stressed yes but very thankful we have great people working at our bank. It definitely raised our blood pressures....Jerry is fine now, but I had to contact my dr. One thing lead to another, so I had to have more blood work done. And yes Sandy meds do affect the digestive system. I will get my blood work answers tomorrow.

Time to call it a night. Take care everyone.

Diane
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I so agree DIANE be very careful with these plaguey machines, although scam phones are the biggest plague for me. My mobile gave up the ghost so for now I am relying on the land line. Slowly getting friends to leave a message and phone number on my answering machine because I no longer answer the ring. But the iPad can be a problem as well. I was trying to find the elusive bra online when the screen split in two. I couldn’t get it back to normal last night but have just managed to get back to normal now otherwise I wouldn’t be typing this. The two screens being too small to read even after enlarging. All sorts of stuff appeared on the left side with bras on the right. Going into settings finally worked but I’m from 1935 and 2023 takes some getting used to!!! Not the sharpest pencil in the pencil box!

LIN, Mike will be over as normal at the weekends because he works long hours. Plus the Ms are only away a few days. They just wanted a dose of sunshine and warmth after a long gloomy winter. I’ve asked Darren (my 40 year old neighbour from across the road who is my snow clearer)if he will pick me up if I fall whilst walking Jilly Bean. He looked me up and down and then said “I’ll TRY”. Cheeky, I’m not THAT big!

I’ll miss the Ms. Mark put all the garden waste out for todays garbage and fertilized my two lawns, and that’s super, but I’ll miss them because I love them and worry when they step on planes despite me working at an engine design office for 20 odd years here. Maybe that’s WHY I worry, lol. You know bird strikes etc. The engines are safe but birds and folk aren’t!

Hey oh. I’ve stepped on quite a few planes myself in the past without a care in the world, but I guess we moms are designed to worry about our loved ones.

Vacuuming throughout day for me. Oh, Darren tells me our new neighbours arrive mid May.

Anne.

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Heather’s funeral today which was very moving. Her daughter, who read the eulogy, was so upset it wasn’t easy to make out everything said but I still learnt more about her life before we got to know each other.
    The cold weather continues so later I spent a bit of time in my greenhouse out of the wind and now the fire is lit and I’m relaxing but thinking an early night might be a good idea.
    Jackie 🥰
  • virruth
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi all,
    Diane, yes as a native San Franciscan, I was sorry to see The City change. It was a great place growing up there, walking everywhere or taking the bus. Of course it was a different era then.
    Anne, my girls are always after me with my social media….Mom, never go from email or text to a site. Close it out and if you need to, open it fresh. Otherwise, it could lead you to a scam site.
    So busy morning…took Lori to airport as she is flying down to San Diego to spend the weekend with my other daughter, her daughter and my two adorable grandchildren. Then, Deb and I went to Costco for gas, to grocery store, to Walgreens for script, to car wash and then here to relax.
    Jackie, glad you got some greenhouse time in and fireside!
    Joy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) I enjoyed all my walking today but it was too cold for me to want to work on my yard projects. Spent time in the house riding my exercise bike and knitting a blanket that is almost finished. My knitting is for Project Linus so there is no deadline for when to finish.

:) Several of my neighbors have complained that spring is so late this year, but when I looked at the empty package from the zucchini seeds I planted last year, I saw that I had planted them on June 8 which is much later than the commonly accepted date of just after Mothers' Day. I just have to be patient. It will be yard weather soon enough.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Good evening. A cold day here with added strong breezes. Even some little ice balls for precipitation since rain wouldn’t be enough. 😉

Okay, I spent lots of time on the phone again today. A friend called twice and we had extended conversations both times. I think she was trying to avoid all housework. She and her husband had plans with one of their sons this evening. Unfortunately, he is ill. He thinks it is just a cold but they want to avoid even a cold! Her husband has doctors’ appointments early next week with a number of tests as a follow up to his cancer treatment.

Joy, I am glad there was no evidence of an additional spinal fracture. It sounds as if today has been a busy one. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Jackie, oh my, the funeral sounds very touching. It was kind of you to attend. I hope you are getting a good night’s sleep.

Anne, I am glad Michael will be seeing you tomorrow. Enjoy your time together. I spent quite a bit of time getting my Mac laptop up to date and the my iPads as well. I had no WiFi connection this morning. Thankfully, I got that straightened out. Yippee!

Diane, my blood pressure would have been in the stratosphere if something like that happened here. How dreadful. I am glad you have good folks at your credit union who took immediate action!

Barbie, indoor projects are a good thing to have handy. The weather is quite unpredictable. Enjoy!

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A cat and mouse teapot

bi56ih6emf4b.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) We had fun at Rob's yesterday, playing adult games and kid games. Had some pizza and a good time was had by all. Today Laurie is going to a sewing class that she got when she bought her sewing machine and John and I will watch Survivor together. I will be going to 4:30 Mass and then we are going out to dinner. They leave tomorrow and as always I will miss them.
    I am finally 100% back to normal and feel good. I am praying things only get better from this point on.

Have a wonderful day and stay heatly.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Happy Saturday to one and all. This morning I was going to meet Sheila to walk our dogs but it was cold and generally miserable so I phoned her to say George and Betty would not be happy on the moors and she agreed, her little Rosie, who suffers with arthritis, would suffer. We agreed to keep in touch and wait for more settled weather. Thinking the rain was easing, I took my pooches out about 9.30 and within 10 minutes we were caught in a torrential downpour! Back home, everybody towelled off and fire lit so not much of interest achieved but we are warm and relaxed!

That’s great Sandy, you are feeling100% again.

Barbie, I’m sure my winter feels longer than normal because we have endured record amounts of rain. Something that keeps us all shut up as if we are back in lockdown! Several seeds in pots are hesitating to show themselves in my greenhouse but I’m hoping once it finally warms up they will burst forth.

Lin, I do remember such teapots, back in the 80’s I’m sure. Probably owned one myself for a while seeing as a cat was involved!

7pm here and I’ve enjoyed a meatball and homemade tomato sauce meal with a glass of red wine so hearing Betty snore in front of the stove, think I will now relax with a cup of tea and choc ice!

Take care everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Our turn to have torrential rain overnight and all today. It’s chilly and I’ve just put on a padded sleeveless jerkin. Actually I’m a bit worried about my little pup. She’s not eating, just sleeping all day and when she is awake she’s licking one paw. Maybe pulled a claw backwards in her sleep last night?
    There again, maybe too many treats, she’s a con dog when it comes to begging and barking for treats.

Mark and Mary Jo will be over soon, bringing MJs seedlings over because son Derek can’t be trusted to water them while they are on vacation. That should perk Jilly up a bit.
    They are off early tomorrow but Michael will be over. He worked today to make up for his two sick days.

In desperation because I simply can’t find a bra I like here, I ordered one from M&S yesterday along with two summer tops. That was at 5pm yesterday and I couldn’t believe my eyes at 6am this morning. I got an email overnight saying they have already been shipped. Our Sandy and MJ have been trying to find my brand of bra for me, but I think it must be discontinued. Anyway, I hated troubling them so I hope M&S come to the rescue.

So, horrible, miserable, chilly day had me stripping the bed and doing a huge wash.

And that was the day, that was!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi, it was a very cold and windy day. Overnight we may have a freeze warning, colder than just frost. People in the area with planted gardens are scrambling to protect anything that could be killed by this dip in temperature.

Another quiet day here. I did a bit of cooking. I have been trying to cut out the cover die for my current project. It is slow going. 🙃

A tiny package was delivered and when I went outdoors to pick it up, surprise, it was gone. Since it was windy, I hurried to walk around a bit (without my coat) and saw it had blown quite a distance. I didn’t take time to put on a coat, I just hurried to hustle over there to pick it up before it went further. Brrrrr.

Anne, best wishes on your seedling sitting. I hope all remain healthy. And speaking of healthy, I hope Jilly is okay. Enjoy your time with Michael tomorrow.

Sandy, what a nice visit! Time for them to go home once again. I am sure they will be back soon.

Jackie, I hope you are getting a good night’s sleep. When will we all get some settled spring weather? I think we are more than ready.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️

Happy Earth Day
    w6mphnpk6egj.jpeg

• barbiecat
    edited April 2023
    Options
    :)Lin What a great teapot (the cat and mouse)

:)Anne, I buy everything I wear online. I haven't bought anything in a store for more than five years.

:) Weather was warmer today (59 degrees) so Jake and I got outside and did a bit of work but didn't overdo it.

<3 Barbie
  • virruth
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Sandy, so happy you are feeling 100 percent….Saturday Mass and dinner….its been years since I did that.
    Jackie, glad you got dried out and warm
    Anne, I did wash today also
    Lin, I luv the Globe teapot
    Barbie, such a weakling I am, I wouldn't go out in 59 temp.
    I had a very lazy day with my roomie gone. Actually, my sweet granddaughter texted amazing pictures from todays activities. They did a spa, lunch and the ocean and then a patio feed at Leilani’s. Lori texted me they are spoiling her. I have got this old and never lived alone…my parents died young,boarding school, an aunt and uncle, my husband, and my children! So today besides my laundry and cleaning out a purse, I read and read and did crosswords. I did get up every hour to walk indoors. I am a converted believer of movement to soothe the old achy bones. And yesterday my back felt like it was getting worse, bur today it is much better. Just indoors and ten minutes at a time. What a difference. Tis now seven pm, or gone seven I think my DI said, and I only have 20 minutes left in my DI Janssen book and after that, I will watch a Hallmark movie😲
    Hope you all have a great Sunday.
    Joy
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    JACKIE, Happy St. George’s Day. Patron saint of England.

The Ms will be now off to the airport on another chilly forecast day. Michael is supposedly coming over so must get moving and bake a chicken and veg pot pie. Jilly Beans foot seems a little better. We think she did pull a claw and Michael’s going to have a go at cutting it and others back. Traumatic all around! They grow very quickly and for such a small girl are very thick.

So all for now. I try to buy a white rose to celebrate St. George’s day but don’t think I will be venturing far unless Mike drives me to a store.

So all for now at 6 in the morning.
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Joy, When I worked in the yard I was wearing long pants with fleece leggings and wool socks. Also a turtleneck, sweatshirt. fleece jacket, outdoor jacket, wool scarf and wool hat. I prefer temps in the high 60's and low 70's but I was eager to work on my project. Today it is drizzly so I'll stay in and work on my indoor projects.

<3 Barbie
  • jacAth3
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Ah yes Anne, once more unto the breach dear friend! I nearly cried out as we set off for the morning walk and spotted dark, stormy clouds gathering but we made it home just as the downpour arrived.
    George tries to chew his own nails at times but is a wriggle bum if I try to trim them. He has been brushed this afternoon and I tried to trim around his face but stopped when he pulled so many times I worried I would poke him in his eyes! Betty on the other hand loves to be brushed.

At 3pm there was an iPhone critical alert test on all our iPhones in Britain but I switched my notifications off because I was sure Betty and George would react badly to the noise. Yesterday a programme I was watching sounded a few beeps when someone swore and George immediately went to the nearest ceiling fire alarm to check it wasn’t making the low battery noise. Such a clever boy!

Housework and sorting through laundry is as exciting as the day has been so far and since the sun is finally showing itself, I will now take a cup of tea to the greenhouse and potter.

A pretty teapot Lin but what a shame every day isn’t Earth day!

Happy Sunday.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Had a great visit with John and Laurie despite the fact we had to wait over and hour for our dinner last night. For some reason the restaurant was behind in everything from being on time for our reservations to bringing our food. The food itself was delicious but after waiting that long we were no longer hungry so most of our food went home with us. They left this morning and will see them again at the reunion if not before.

Jackie, our weather is miserable as well, cold and damp. I can't wait to go to Florida and soak up all the sunshine I can. George is a smart little guy, you should feel safe with him by your side.

Anne, have fun with Michael and I hope the M's have a wonderful getaway. I am sure if you asked Michael to buy you a white rose he would be more than happy to do so.

Joy, I never lived alone until my husband and I separated in 2012 for ten years. It was hard at first but then I grew to love it. Please excuse my asking but are you divorced or widowed? Having a daughter for a roommate would be fun but then I only have one daughter.

Barbie, that's what I call bungled up to work in the yard. Sounds like you stay nice and toasty.

Lin, oh my goodness, chasing the package in the wind with no coat. I am glad you finally caught it and got back in your warm house. I never plant anything outside until May 1st. I just don't trust our weather. I don't put my hummingbird feeder out until then either for the same reason.

Patsy, hope all is going well with you and your family. You are always in my thoughts.

Have a great Sunday, I am just chilling in pj's all day while doing the laundry from the spare bedroom.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time