What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »
    5.1 this morning

Have to ask you Jane, is this normal for you? I've noticed for myself, if I am showing 5, I start to get a headache. Lower than 5, I start getting shakey. And, well like yesterday and Wednesday, below 4 and I'm shaking inside and out.
    My educator told me that the 4-7 were guidelines, and that it really can be different for individuals. I think my normal is more in the range of 6-7 fasting, and 7-10 after eating.
    All these questions to ask when I finally get to see and endocrinologist in May.
    Hi Judy,
    5 in the morning is high average for me..usually I am 4.6-4.9 and I feel good at all of those numbers...sometimes before dinner even with a snack mind drops to 4 or 4.1 and then I start with the shaking and nausea..I have had several lows before he cut my metformin in 1/2...that had stopped it so far from going under 4 and then I felt absolutely disgusting and inner shaking and sweating and wanted to throw up..just all of a sudden. Near or at 5 feels good for me now. Over the months as my sugar improved, and it started going down I felt OK the lower it went other than at 4 or below. At first if I was 5.7 or 5.5 I would have the same symptoms as a low. I read that your body is used to being at a much higher level so in fact it does feel like a real low...it's just relative at first before it normalizes....
    In future you may feel fine at 5...you are new at this like me right? I was diagnosed in April but lost 68 lbs and at my goal weight..anyhow hope that helps and I can believe it's different for people. Best wishes on your continued journey!
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jane. I was only diagnosed in July, and with complications from the pancreatitis, it's been a real journey. When I first started, by fasting was 29.7. I think things will be a little more predictable now.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    6.8 (122.4)
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    4.2 because I did my big run yesterday.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options

You're doing the Army Run in May and training now. So, what is 'a big run"?
  • shippan
    shippan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    97 but in taking more fiber rich food, my weight is up. but then again it was to get my BG down and level and not concerned about weight
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options

I'm training and do Couch to 5K. I just ran week7, Day 1 and it was the longest run yet in the training (I never ran Precious to January) it was 5 min walk, 20 min run and 5 min walk...darn near killed me lol!!! It's the Tamarack Race Weekend I am doing...just 5K .
  • judyvalentine512
    Options

I'm training and do Couch to 5K. I just ran week7, Day 1 and it was the longest run yet in the training (I never ran Precious to January) it was 5 min walk, 20 min run and 5 min walk...darn near killed me lol!!! It's the Tamarack Race Weekend I am doing...just 5K . :D

I never run, I know it would kill me. If God wanted me to run, he would make sure something was chasing me :D
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    My BG this morning 6.0 (102). Everything seems to be working, exercise, low fat and digestive enzymes.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    My BG this morning 6.0 (102). Everything seems to be working, exercise, low fat and digestive enzymes.

Mine this morning was 6.0 or 108, I stand corrected.
    Shinycrazy, if mine gets as low as yours, I start the shakes and headaches. The lowest I can go is 5.3 (95.4) and still feel fine.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Today was 109 yesterday was 89...I've been sick for the last three days, so I don't know where it will be tomorrow
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sort of low for me 69
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    7.3. (131.4). Late night snack.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    121 this morning. but weight is down.

Good morning to you all.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    116 today. I'm still under the weather. Hope it gets better
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    138 @ 1129am today.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    123 at 11:45 PM today, but it was 167 at 8 AM in the morning ... some days!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    5.7 (102.6) that's what it was before bedtime too! Something must be working better now!
  • shippan
    shippan Posts: 46 Member
    Options